How many shoes?

Luv my furbaby

1 pair of walking shoes (tennis shoes), 1 pair of black dress shoes, and that's it. 2 pairs of shoes. I cringe when I see 2 porters with 10+ suitcases and only 2 people standing in line to go through customs! WTH! Here we have just 1 suitcase each and a carry on! No need to bring the kitchen sink folks! Yes, a 15-day cruise, and driving to the port. Even less if flying. Sheesh!

ladies - how many pairs of shoes do you take?

Just curious. Right now I'm looking at what to pack for my 14 day cruise next month and it looks like my shoes might need their own suitcase:')

It depends where I am going. For warm, dry weather I would take walking/work out shoes, comfy walking sandals, and dressier black sandals, and maybe flip flops or water shoes. For Alaska, 2 pairs of closed shoes in case one gets wet, nicer shoes, casual sandals, and skip the water shoes.

One pair of trainers for port days which are worn with socks

One pair of Skechers, worn without socks

Two pairs of walking sandals, black and platinum

Two pairs of dress sandals, black and gold/bronze

One pair of slip-on pool shoes (I can't wear flip flops)

One pair of black flats

That way I'm covered for all occasions and have backup in case a shoe breaks - it has happened when I've been travelling.

All are very lightweight. The trainers and Skechers are bulky but the rest pack very flat.

I wear a pair of sturdy sneakers on embarkation day. I pack a couple of pairs of sandals (one light colored, one black) and that’s it for me on the cruise.

FYI, I pack my shoes in super lightweight doggie poop bags to keep them from getting anything dirty in my suitcase. [emoji4]

One pair of black flats

That way I'm covered for all occasions and have backup in case a shoe breaks - it has happened when I've been travelling.

All are very lightweight. The trainers and Skechers are bulky but the rest pack very flat.

I agree with the comment about a shoe breaking. I take two pairs of "heels" (I once had a pair break), one pair of walking shoes, one pair of Skechers for going to the gym, and one pair light sandals for around the ship. These last few items can substitute for each other in an emergency.

I would have to say I average 6-7 pairs per cruise. All of the shoes/sandals I take are very lightweight. My walking shoes are Skechers that weigh next to nothing, have a memoryfoam insole, and are very comfortable, but have good support. Great for exercise walking and also for excursions. I also bring a couple of pairs of different basic colors of Bob's (by Skechers) for lounging around on the ship. Their weight is negligible, they compress so take up almost no space in my luggage, and they are so comfortable that I would compare them to bedroom slippers, but are nice enough that they can be worn in public!

I bring a couple of pairs of casual sandals and a pair of dressier sandals with a low-ish heel for formal nights. If going on a long cruise where there will be a lot of port days (such as the Med) I usually also pack another pair of mule-style "sneaker" sort of shoes for a back-up in case I encounter rainy weather and my regular walking shoes get wet. They too are very comfy and light-weight.

Of course, I have to admit that I am, and always have been a "shoe-a-holic"!

I bring my crocs, worn everyday, which are walking shoes, pool shoes and around the ship shoes. For "dressier" occasions, I have a pair of black ballet slippers. Yeah, they really are slippers. Occasionally I'll bring a pair of sketchers if we have walking intensive plans. No backups needed. Heck, I'd run around in the princess provided slippers all the time, if I thought I could get away with it.

I've really cut down on my cruising wardrobe. A couple pairs of jeans, one pair of dressy slacks, a couple pairs of shorts, some sort of fancy eating dress and half a dozen shirts, 2 pair of socks and as many underwear as there are nights for a 10-15 dayer. I think last cruise, I didn't even bring the swimsuit as I've never even used it onboard.

I don't want to get off the ship. I get asked frequently where the cruise is going and I honestly answer, "I don't care as long as I'm on the ship". We only cruise out of SanFran, our choices are limited and I'd do the same route over and over as long as the price and timing are right.

Anyone else wanna go right now?!!

Similar to others for a warm-weather beachy cruise: one pair of trainers, one pair of teva sandals, and pair of flip flops (which are nice enough to be vaguely 'dressy', we don't do properly formal). Plus some neoprene water shoes.

For colder weather/Alaska I'd just have trainers and walking boots.

One pair of black flats

Sounds similar to me (maybe a couple more🤔) . My husband couldn't believe it when he was helping to unpack the suitcase......and then came the matching handbags(purses) 😊 I tell him to reduce his shoes because they are too heavy! ( more space for mine ha ha).

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Sounds similar to me (maybe a couple more[emoji848]) . My husband couldn't believe it when he was helping to unpack the suitcase......and then came the matching handbags(purses) [emoji4] I tell him to reduce his shoes because they are too heavy! ( more space for mine ha ha).

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I have to bring a lot of shoes🤦🏻*♀️because...

1) the heat on Caribbean cruises make my feet swell

2)all the wine and cocktails make my feet swell

See a pattern?!?

3)I own them so may as well wear them

Usually I pack 2-3 pairs flat sandals, 2-3 pairs heeled or wedge sandals, sneakers, black flats, fun colored driving mocs, 2-3 pairs pumps...then I’m good. Oh and I also have boots because I live up north and never know what weather I’m coming home to.

I travel with my mom and she too enjoys shoes, so we share a shoe/purse 25”suitcase. No problem [emoji152][emoji148][emoji150][emoji151][emoji162][emoji164]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I usually take 5 pairs of shoes:

Tennis shoes

Sport / walking sandals

Pool / beach sandals

Heels for formal dinners

Dressy flat sandals

The key for me is that I wear the largest pair onboard and I pack my shoes inside my DH's dinner shoes. The smaller sandals take up very little room!

4 pairs! I wear athletic shoes, pack sandals, black and brown flats. Sandals outside pocket, flats one in each corner. I take one 26" suitcase, a small carry on bag.

I'm going for 30 days in March, same amount of shoes if it were 14 days! :)

Edited by susancruzs

I am an overpacker. I bring 3 pairs of flip flops (black, navy, white), one pair of pool flip flops, one pair of dressy black sandals, two pairs of sparkly flat sandals (gold, silver) and then a pair of tennis shoes. Hubby is a good man who understands my obsession, and all except the tennis shoes are lightweight.

ladies - how many pairs of shoes do you take?

Just curious. Right now I'm looking at what to pack for my 14 day cruise next month and it looks like my shoes might need their own suitcase:')

3 pairs:

1 dress shoes

1 sneakers

1 poolside sandals that can get wet.