Buy bottled water before cruise?

erikaem86

We buy 3 to 4 cases from them before the cruise. They deliver at our state room and we can put it in our refrigerator and have it when we need it or when we’re getting off the ship in port .when you buy it by the case it’s cheaper than buying it by the bottle on board

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship's water is fine...same stuff as in the bottles! We never bring cases of anything aboard....way too much trouble! We might bring a bottle or two...if we have a "iffy" water port! Otherwise, water is available everywhere!

80,000 posts or not, the tap water is NOT the same as bottled water. Not sure about what you mean about "iffy port water" the ship is fully self contained. They are not going to load up the ship with tainted or iffy water. I had a water maker on my boat, not a 1000' ship, and our tested water was excellent, yes made with sea water. You do not make water in dirty ports, you turn on your water maker in open seas.

Is there any point in purchasing water through the Fun Shop before my cruise? I understand that I can also buy it on the ship, so I'm wondering if there is an advantage of buying ahead of time?

It will be your room which is nice.

The ship's water is fine...same stuff as in the bottles! We never bring cases of anything aboard....way too much trouble! We might bring a bottle or two...if we have a "iffy" water port! Otherwise, water is available everywhere!

you might bring a bottle of two? unless I misunderstood, you sneak water onboard?

80,000 posts or not, the tap water is NOT the same as bottled water. Not sure about what you mean about "iffy port water" the ship is fully self contained. They are not going to load up the ship with tainted or iffy water. I had a water maker on my boat, not a 1000' ship, and our tested water was excellent, yes made with sea water. You do not make water in dirty ports, you turn on your water maker in open seas.

Not 100% sure and that poster will never come back to explain but I think they meant getting a bottle water to drink when ashore because of issues with the local water, such as "never drink the water in Mexico".

OP, it's convenient to have it waiting in the cabin and we take several bottles with us ashore for excursions.

And no 15% gratuity if ordered ahead. It pays for itself if you can bring your own bottles off the ship as opposed to buying bottles in each port.

Others can advise whatever they wish - after years of my DH ocean racing and frequently visiting Caribbean islands we NEVER drink tap water from the island. It may be - and probably is - just fine but I choose not to take a chance. :)

I pre-purchase a 12 pack or two so it's in my cabin when I board. Very convenient. I can stock my cooler and it gets chilled by mid afternoon if I leave the wooden cabinet door open a bit.

Sometimes I don't get the freebie bottle until the 1st sea day, and I don't want to stay in my cabin without water or waiting for a delivery. I'll use the tap water for brushing teeth, but not for drinking.

Compared to other lines, Carnival's bottled water prices are quite reasonable.

It would be quite the joke if Carnival actually bottles its own water on board the ship. They could recycle and sanitize the old bottles, refill and reseal, or just use new bottles and fill them from the ship's water supply. I know the label says it's bottled somewhere in the States, but still........

It would be quite the joke if Carnival actually bottles its own water on board the ship. They could recycle and sanitize the old bottles, refill and reseal, or just use new bottles and fill them from the ship's water supply. I know the label says it's bottled somewhere in the States, but still........

What do you think they have the kids doing all day when the parents drop them off at camp?

I'm with you - I don't even like the taste of the tap water in Galveston much less on the boat.

I'm sorry to disagree, but the water onboard is not fine. I drink tap water everywhere just about, but I really don't like the tap water on the ship, I even dislike what's served in the MDR... for some reason it just has a nasty taste to me... and as I mentioned, I'm not usually sensitive to these issues.

Not 100% sure and that poster will never come back to explain but I think they meant getting a bottle water to drink when ashore because of issues with the local water, such as "never drink the water in Mexico".

this is simply not true. Have you ever stayed in Mexico? All the hotels, resorts and most restaurants have agua purificado, just fine to drink. Only one upscale place we ever were advised to not drink the water or even brush your teeth with it was the Dominican Republic. we were supplied with gallons and bottles of water for free.

this is simply not true. Have you ever stayed in Mexico? All the hotels, resorts and most restaurants have agua purificado, just fine to drink. Only one upscale place we ever were advised to not drink the water or even brush your teeth with it was the Dominican Republic. we were supplied with gallons and bottles of water for free.

I used it as an example, I'm sure the resorts and hotels etc. have water that is just fine. Some of the bars I visited in Tiajuana decades ago, not so much maybe.