Credit card hacked - resortforaday?

lucyglucose

I just had some suspicious charges on the card that I have been using for my travel bookings. (All is well; AMEX took care of it and FedExing me a new card before my trip.) Looking through my normal charges from the past month, the only thing that strikes me as different from my usual pattern is my resortforaday booking. Out of curiosity, has anyone else used resortforaday and subsequently experienced credit card compromise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Likely had nothing to do with a specific site. It happens all the time. I would expect that your number was generated randomly or else someone within the past couple of years improperly disposed of a receipt with your number on it. A lesson to be learned though, is never travel with just one card.

Just before Christmas I had to do a bit of shopping, so I grabbed a credit card I had not used in over 2 years. Went to the mall, did NOT see what I wanted and went home. On arriving at home, there was a message from the C/C companies fraud dept, asking if i had used the card in Jamiaca a few minutes before.

Nope, but when I queried them they said that I had probably been scanned by a portable c/c reader while walking in the mall... A common occurrence these days.

... when I queried them they said that I had probably been scanned by a portable c/c reader while walking in the mall... A common occurrence these days.

You can easily purchase an RFID blocking wallet or sleeve for your cards. They are available at luggage stores, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.

You can easily purchase an RFID blocking wallet or sleeve for your cards. They are available at luggage stores, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, etc.

You can get a set of 18 sleeves on Amazon for under $10. This includes 14 credit card sleeves and 4 passport sleeves.

This is one reason I mainly use my phone to pay for purchases now.

Indeed. Never leave home without a RFID blocking wallet and DW has a RFID blocking purse. Knock on wood - haven't been hacked (yet)

Local man went to buy tires. Time to pay he produced credit card. Salesman says card reader not working, but that he can swipe the card at the garage register. Man is gone less than five minutes and returns with paperwork. As the warranty is being explained his phone rings. Credit card company checking to see if he authorized purchase of jewelry in Brazil. Salesman used a "skimmer" to copy CC info and sent it to accomplice who used it immediately on line sale.

Nowadays there hundreds of possibilities of being ripped off. I stopped worrying about it years ago. I just watch what I do and have my bank and credit cards set up to question any high transactions.

I have learned to check credit cards and other related items daily because things can happen quickly.

The key though is if you discover it yourself to report it right away and sometimes the Credit Card company will discover it first. We will also check our financial related items when we cruise or are away from home as we would at home.

Keith

Indeed. Never leave home without a RFID blocking wallet and DW has a RFID blocking purse. Knock on wood - haven't been hacked (yet)

Good peace of mind for you but an absolute waste of money. That is not how 99.9% CC's are improperly used or accessed, but it makes you feel better.