Advice needed booking with TA

Iamcruzin

I have recently called an big online TA that advertises here on CC. Spoke to a women who was very nice however a few things bothered me. When I inquired about the one category upgrade through Celebrities captains club program she told me that it only applied to a balcony and higher category. Having booked an ocean view directly through Celebrity in the past I knew that this was not true. Since I was only inquiring on price I let it slide. We both agreed to put a hold on the room until I was able to consult with my wife. This call was made on 12/30 and needed to be booked on New Years Day which was the next day that she was working.

After speaking with my wife we decided that the date I picked wouldn't work for her in terms of vacation time. As it turned out I had to work on New Years day and I couldn't get in touch with her to talk about a different date. I tried to reach her on the 2nd but the hours that she could return calls wouldn't work for me since I was also working. In the meantime I booked directly with Celebrity and received my one category upgrade.

This agency is offering $100 OBC which to me is worth giving up control of the booking. My concern is, first this particular agent doesn't work during hours that jive with my time schedule and second that the agent never tried to follow up with me to proceed with my original booking. When I put a hold on a room through the Celebrity website I received an email and message on my answering machine from a Celebrity vacation planner. asking to assist me in completing my booking.

I'm torn between transferring my booking for the $100 OBC or keeping it with Celebrity. I feel like if I needed to change the booking due to a price drop that I will never be able to reach the agent. The price drop could be worth more than the $100 OBC. I also should mention that I am receiving the drink package and $300 OBC through Celebrity so the $100 OBC from the TA although nice wouldn't break me. My experience with TA's in the past haven't been good and they didn't even give me so much as a bottle of wine. Ever since I have booked directly with the cruise lines. This is my first attempt at giving a TA a try again.

You have 60 days or until final payment date, whichever come first, to transfer the reservation to a TA. I would spend the time to research a better, more reachable TA - either online, brick & mortar or a big-box wholesale related TA - that gives additional perks and has no extra fees for changes or cancellations.

You have 60 days or until final payment date, whichever come first, to transfer the reservation to a TA. I would spend the time to research a better, more reachable TA - either online, brick & mortar or a big-box wholesale related TA - that gives additional perks and has no extra fees for changes or cancellations.

This is my advice also. There are some good TA's out there. Find one that is a better fit for your needs.

:)

Suggest you shop for another TA if she is the only person you can speak with it would be a no go for me.

You may want to call the Celebrity CVP you booked with and see if they will match the $100 OBC the TA is offering. They sometimes match a TAs OBC, did it recently for us.

I have recently called an big online TA that advertises here on CC. Spoke to a women who was very nice however a few things bothered me. When I inquired about the one category upgrade through Celebrities captains club program she told me that it only applied to a balcony and higher category. Having booked an ocean view directly through Celebrity in the past I knew that this was not true. Since I was only inquiring on price I let it slide. We both agreed to put a hold on the room until I was able to consult with my wife. This call was made on 12/30 and needed to be booked on New Years Day which was the next day that she was working.

After speaking with my wife we decided that the date I picked wouldn't work for her in terms of vacation time. As it turned out I had to work on New Years day and I couldn't get in touch with her to talk about a different date. I tried to reach her on the 2nd but the hours that she could return calls wouldn't work for me since I was also working. In the meantime I booked directly with Celebrity and received my one category upgrade.

This agency is offering $100 OBC which to me is worth giving up control of the booking. My concern is, first this particular agent doesn't work during hours that jive with my time schedule and second that the agent never tried to follow up with me to proceed with my original booking. When I put a hold on a room through the Celebrity website I received an email and message on my answering machine from a Celebrity vacation planner. asking to assist me in completing my booking.

I'm torn between transferring my booking for the $100 OBC or keeping it with Celebrity. I feel like if I needed to change the booking due to a price drop that I will never be able to reach the agent. The price drop could be worth more than the $100 OBC. I also should mention that I am receiving the drink package and $300 OBC through Celebrity so the $100 OBC from the TA although nice wouldn't break me. My experience with TA's in the past haven't been good and they didn't even give me so much as a bottle of wine. Ever since I have booked directly with the cruise lines. This is my first attempt at giving a TA a try again.

I think you have answered your own ???

This agency is offering $100 OBC .....My concern is, first this particular agent doesn't work during hours that jive with my time schedule

I'm torn between transferring my booking for the $100 OBC or keeping it with Celebrity.,,,,I am receiving the drink package and $300 OBC through Celebrity so the $100 OBC from the TA although nice wouldn't break me.

I don't get why you're so torn. If you book with the TA that you have difficulty reaching, you get $100 OBC and lose control of the reservation. If you book with Celebrity, who you can reach more easily, you get $300 OBC and a drink package, and you maintain control of your reservation. Keep the rez with Celebrity and call it a day.

I don't get why you're so torn. If you book with the TA that you have difficulty reaching, you get $100 OBC and lose control of the reservation. If you book with Celebrity, who you can reach more easily, you get $300 OBC and a drink package, and you maintain control of your reservation. Keep the rez with Celebrity and call it a day.

The $100 OBC is in addition to the drink package and $300 OBC that Celebrity is giving. I am torn because so many people here on CC seem to have great success using a TA for extra benefits.

Thank you all for your replies. I guess I always knew the answer but just needed some reassurance from the experts. So many here seem to have found good TA's. I'm going to continue looking. What is the time limit for transferring a booking?My sailing is June 3rd.

My thoughts exactly. Our big box retailer not only provides generous perks but now offers a 2% rebate on annual travel costs. It's definitely worth looking around.

The $100 OBC is in addition to the drink package and $300 OBC that Celebrity is giving. I am torn because so many people here on CC seem to have great success using a TA for extra benefits.

If your TA does not work for you.

Time for a new TA.

Why don't you just book with the Celebrity planner. You then have 60 days to transfer it to ANY TA who is offering a better deal (you can still keep all the Celebrity included perks). In about 2 weeks, Celebrity will finalize your booking and you'll be able to get a final invoice for the cabin. At that time, call your Celebrity planner back and then....explain that you want to transfer to your chosen TA for a better deal. I was told by my planner that as long as they can see the extra perks offered online from the agent, they will try to match it. That's what I did and my planner got Celebrity to offer an additional $425 OBC (on top of the other perks) in lieu of the gift card the TA was offering to transfer the reservation.