Aqua 2-A stateroom question

dis2cruise

We were just in concierge class and had a bottle of "champagne" as do aqua cabins. It was not in the room upon embarkation but I asked the steward to bring it the next day and he did so. I don't remember if we had snacks the first day, but did every day thereafter about 4 PM.

We were just in concierge class and had a bottle of "champagne" as do aqua cabins. It was not in the room upon embarkation but I asked the steward to bring it the next day and he did so. I don't remember if we had snacks the first day, but did every day thereafter about 4 PM.

You get a bottle of sparkling wine, on Constellation, it was if you asked, so if you did not know, Celebrity saved $$, but it was absolute rubbish and I poured most of it down the sink.

The snacks were pretty poor too and after a couple of days, we just told the steward not to waste his time. They also gave us some foul warm tea in the afternoon, that went down the sink and steward asked not to bother anymore.

When we have been in the CC or Aqua we have asked for a cheese plate to replace the "afternoon savories"....much better deal for us. We are not wine drinkers at all but when we travel with friends we make sure to ask for the bottle, it is sparkling wine, not champagnie, and given it to them. You can bring to the dining room and enjoy it there or even exchange it for a bottle you may like more.

In Aqua, our attendant asked us which night we would like to receive the bottle of bubbly. Other times, it will be in the room along with 3 pieces of fruit when you enter your room for the first time. The appetizers will arrive the next night and there will be a form to fill out indicating the time you want them to arrive. Around 4-5 pm usually.

Celebrity until 2016 had the bottle in your room waiting for you. Since then, our attendant has asked when we would like it. We usually request it on the first evening chic night and find it chilled and waiting for us when we come back to our room to change for dinner. We have also just taken it to dinner with us and exchanged it for Prosecco or a bottle of something we'd like instead. As for the afternoon savories, we have gotten both the form to fill out about whether and what time we want it, and just had it automatically delivered the first day. I think it depends on the ship and or your stateroom attendant. We have also requested to have a cheese plate, a fruit plate, or shrimp cocktail instead. We also ask our stateroom attendant to bring fresh ice twice daily. They will deliver flavored teas in the afternoon. In addition, there will be 3 pieces of fruit (apples, pears, etc). The dining in Blu is whenever you want and reservations are not taken or needed. On embarkation day, you will find a note from the maître d in your stateroom with a dining time on it for the first evening only. If that time is not to your liking, feel free to ignore it and go when you want. It is a suggestion only. Also, we are often offered 50% off in Murano the first night, so often we go there instead. Have a wonderful cruise.

I think it may depend on which ship you're on. We've had the sparkling wine waiting for us on the Silhouette, but when we didn't drink it, they had no way to wrap it for travel going home. On the Infinity, it was not present in our cabin, so I asked about it and our steward told us to just let him know when we're ready for it. Well, out of sight, out of mind. We forgot about it, but the second to the last day, our steward told us he still had our wine and would we like it wrapped to take home.

About the savories, on the Silhouette they delivered them daily. Generally there were 4 bites on a plate at least one and most often 2 of those bites were sushi or some seafood. A few times there was a quarter sandwich, a couple of times there was a deviled egg. Almost always there was some sort of soft cheese dressed up with a half of cherry tomato or a garnished with an herbal sprig of some sort. Not terrible, but there's just so many better, tastier, options around the ship for an afternoon snack.

On the Infinity, they did not deliver the savories at all. Never got them.

first timer here with Aqua quick question.

I've heard (not sure if this is true) upon arrival you receive a bottle of champagne In Your stateroom and snacks about 4 pm?

Couple of tips :-

The sparkling wine is pretty poor. Don't confuse it with decent real champagne. Ask your sommelier if you can exchange it for another bottle and pick something you both enjoy drinking. This makes far more sense than pouring it down the sink.

The afternoon canapes are ridiculously poor. Some are bordering on farcical, they really are that bad. So, ask your stateroom attendant if you can have this exchanged for either a cheese [late or a shrimp plate instead. It's highly likely that he will have to check with his supervisor, but we have NEVER been denied. This assumes that you like cheese and shrimp of course! You can also ask to alternate which we have done on occasion, but often ended up with both being delivered....

Couple of tips :-

The sparkling wine is pretty poor.

The afternoon canapes are ridiculously poor. Some are bordering on farcical, they really are that bad.

:rolleyes:

Glad you are used to higher standards. However, I do recommend you leave the OP to make up his/her own mind instead of spoiling expectations for a newbie. Food taste is subjective!

We also ask the canapes not to be delivered - simply because there is enough food around. But we know many people quite enjoy them. The OP will find out how she/he thinks without anyone making subjective comments beforehand.

:rolleyes:

Glad you are used to higher standards. However, I do recommend you leave the OP to make up his/her own mind instead of spoiling expectations for a newbie. Food taste is subjective!

We also ask the canapes not to be delivered - simply because there is enough food around. But we know many people quite enjoy them. The OP will find out how she/he thinks without anyone making subjective comments beforehand.

I wonder how useful the OP will find your post..... :D :D :D

:confused: Well, as it was directed towards you, the OP will forgive me to comment on your down-pulling views.

Maybe the OP will, however, note that not all share your highly subjective "Hyacinth"-views but prefer to encourage him/her to enjoy all that comes with the pleasure of cruising and to evaluate the amenities of cruising in AQ by experience. After all, the personal experience is why most of us cruise and not just read about it on CC.

However it may be, we will leave it up to the OP, shall we ;)

Aqua A2 cabins are not in the best locations - odd number cabins toward the front are under the gym and under the Aqua Spa Cafe prep area. Even numbers are under shops and beauty services - so very quiet!

Hal