Grandeur unscheduled stop

For the people flying home from Port Canaveral, does Royal pay for their flights?

Do they have to fly home or can they wait until the ship sails back to Baltimore on Saturday?

Unless they get a waiver from PVSA, probably very few folks will pony up the $300 and fly home early. Very unlikely RCI will pay for any flights.

Unless they get a waiver from PVSA, probably very few folks will pony up the $300 and fly home early. Very unlikely RCI will pay for any flights.

Spoke with woman last night that was leaving, she paid for her own flight. RCI provided transportation to the airport.

From what has been reported here, "maintenance" seems to be the correct word, not "sanitation". I wouldn't worry.

No passports needed in ports. Just your seapass card plus a photo ID such as a drivers license.

That's what I was thinking, as well. It was just curious that they mentioned sanitation, but maybe it's a standard "oops, we're going to be late" email. Thank you!

^ would be interesting to know if she paid the PVSA fine.

I didn’t engage her in much conversation after she started to rant. We are having a great cruise ourselves. I don’t know how I’d feel in her shoes. She was in a “small cabin with bunks” with four people, and two of them had Noro. I wanted to ask about the possibility of a fine but she was in no mood for more disappointment. I gathered she was new to cruising and this would be her last.

She was in a “small cabin with bunks” with four people, and two of them had Noro. I wanted to ask about the possibility of a fine but she was in no mood for more disappointment. I gathered she was new to cruising and this would be her last.

Ouch.

Just got word that the GOS is experiencing rudder problems and our 9 day cruise will be two days late leaving Baltimore. Saturday rather than Thursday. RCCL will be sending out details regarding compensation and options for us passengers affected. Any one else had experience in such matters..... We actually have a lot of time and money invested to this point and this is a disappointment for sure...... Don

On the compensation part, take it from my experience, get things in writing and keep track. Then people here will confuse you with "how it was for them" My recent experience shortened a cruise by only one day. That day was taken off our cruise fare and an equivalent credit was given for a future cruise. I was told by a future cruise person on board that had to be applied to another cruise within 30 days. This was later confirmed by others at Customer Service.

There is Noro onboard. I am a B2Ber. First notice was about late boarding on Thursday due to enhanced cleaning. Then onboard we got info about steering issues. Then info about not getting into Baltimore until Sat. More info to come at 12:30 today. Katherine

Good to know! They haven't sent us any more updates (or told us to expect more updates).

As far as compensation goes, are you suggesting compensation for folks that had their cruise lengthened or shortened?

We were on a b2b during one of the Allure hurricane cruises this year and don’t recall any compensation for the lengthened cruise people. The shortened cruise, however was a different story. RCI was most generous.

A few years ago the Grandeur had a propulsion motor problem that reduced our sailing speed resulting in our sailing from Baltimore several hours late and skipping Key West and Cococay. Our first stop was Port Canaveral and at least a hundred people left the cruise despite the fact that by then the line had decided to fully reimburse the full price of the cruise. As far as I know the cruise line paid the PVSA fines. I couldn’t believe people were leaving what was then a free 10 night cruise.

I’m not saying this is the same case here as the ship’s return to Baltimore is being delayed so it is understandable that some may wish to leave in Port Canaveral. I would be surprised, though, if the line doesn’t pay the fine in this case, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know, totally bummed! We were flying in tomorrow with super cheap $40 airfare from Chicago! So if we wait, we will have to pay a lot more for airfare! Waiting to see what happens and if we still go tomorrow and just spend a couple of days in Baltimore! Oh well, I guess 7 days is better than no days!! ;)

You could also spend some time in Washington, DC. Easy train ride from Baltimore. Get off at Union Station -- visit the monuments, the Smithsonian Museums (free!).

Have a great trip!

You could also spend some time in Washington, DC. Easy train ride from Baltimore. Get off at Union Station -- visit the monuments, the Smithsonian Museums (free!).

Have a great trip!

Boring. That's all stuff u do on a class trip in 7th grade .. not on a vacation. :p

Yes - it is the worst level of Norovirus on the ship. Someone nicknamed her "Grandmother of the Seas". I think it is time for her to move on as she is clearly aging.

Send a Radiance Class as a replacement in Baltimore! Much nicer than Vision Class but not too much bigger.

Yes - it is the worst level of Norovirus on the ship. Someone nicknamed her "Grandmother of the Seas". I think it is time for her to move on as she is clearly aging.

Send a Radiance Class as a replacement in Baltimore! Much nicer than Vision Class but not too much bigger.

Where are you hearing it’s the worst level? We haven’t even seen haz mat suits yet.

Where are you hearing it’s the worst level? We haven’t even seen haz mat suits yet.

I heard it was OPP level 3. Not sure it is the worst one but it is a bad one and the crew have to work significantly overtime to sanitize the ship, serve food etc. Add that to the technical problems, and it seems like the ship from hell at the moment.

Boring. That's all stuff u do on a class trip in 7th grade .. not on a vacation. :p

I know, history is so boring. Outer space is so out of style. Who wants to learn stuff? Who could possibly be interested in this garbage? Pardon me while I go back to trolling instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Washington DC has plenty of great museums and attractions to go to. I'm not much of a museum person myself, but there is a great variety in DC. I would still be annoyed though at a 9 day cruise becoming 7 days.

On the compensation part, take it from my experience, get things in writing and keep track. Then people here will confuse you with "how it was for them" My recent experience shortened a cruise by only one day. That day was taken off our cruise fare and an equivalent credit was given for a future cruise. I was told by a future cruise person on board that had to be applied to another cruise within 30 days. This was later confirmed by others at Customer Service.

They DID provide in writing via email that we would receive 50% back (exclusive of taxes and fees) as refundable onboard credit. Anything we don't spend gets refunded to the credit card. Not sure why people are suggesting other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums