Grandeur unscheduled stop

I am on gs right now in pc. There is norovirus onboard. Other passengers told us they or their companions have been quarantined. Shops are closed and the buffet is no longer self serve. For the rudder problem rc is only offering $200 for domestic flights and $300 for international flights. For those on board: just keep trying because the staff onboard finally agreed to reimburse more for us after we made a scene. :mad:

I heard it was OPP level 3. Not sure it is the worst one but it is a bad one and the crew have to work significantly overtime to sanitize the ship, serve food etc. Add that to the technical problems, and it seems like the ship from hell at the moment.

Not the ship from hell. Yes, staff is working overtime and I feel for them. But activities onboard and ship is operating as close to normal as possible. Grandeur is an older ship and is now having some mechanical issues. But so did Anthem a few months ago when we had another unscheduled stop in PC. Ships, like cars, need repairs from time to time. And no one can choose when that happens. The delay is inconvenient for sure but most seem to be handling very well. Katherine

They DID provide in writing via email that we would receive 50% back (exclusive of taxes and fees) as refundable onboard credit. Anything we don't spend gets refunded to the credit card. Not sure why people are suggesting other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the second time around defending RCCL. I was the one who said there was no offer for compensation for a future cruise and it was implied that RCCL was generous to allow me to cancel my cruise. I disagree which certainly I have a right to do. I paid for something they were not able to provide. They are getting the last nautical miles out of an old clunker. Makes good business sense to do this but in the process they run the risk of pissing off their customers.

Actually got a call today from RCCL trying to sell me a future cruise with no offer of some form of incentive.

Needless to say I was definitely not interested. Life is full of choices.

Captain Thor just announced that we will be leaving soon for Baltimore with arrival Saturday morning. I am assuming problem has been fixed.

I guess you will know it's fixed if you don't have tugs taking you all the way to the pier.

I heard it was OPP level 3. Not sure it is the worst one but it is a bad one and the crew have to work significantly overtime to sanitize the ship, serve food etc. Add that to the technical problems, and it seems like the ship from hell at the moment.

Sorry...What does OPP stand for?

I am on gs right now in pc. There is norovirus onboard. Other passengers told us they or their companions have been quarantined. Shops are closed and the buffet is no longer self serve. For the rudder problem rc is only offering $200 for domestic flights and $300 for international flights. For those on board: just keep trying because the staff onboard finally agreed to reimburse more for us after we made a scene. :mad:

Shops are closed only because we are in port. I watched sail away after dark, approximately 6:00. Shops will open when we are out to sea as usual.

Sorry...What does OPP stand for?
The PP is Passenger Protection as I recall, I think the O is operational? I asked them on one cruise if it was "other passengers puking" ? It just refers to the sanitation procedure levels. You will probably see the bleach people out tonight. Edited by Coralc

We had to leave the ship this morning because we couldn’t stay until Saturday due to work. The ship wasn’t a happy place: technical issues , the virus, but mostly how they were treating hundreds of passengers who either didn’t want to get sick and were anxious to get off or/and those who just needed to be home on time. People were crying at the guest services, it was very upsetting. After hours of negotiations they finally agreed to reimburse our flights and provided a shuttle. Other than that no reimbursement or anything was offered. We are so happy to be out of the ship HEALTHY. The last few days very difficult for many. I hope you guys will have a better experience.

There is Noro onboard. I am a B2Ber. First notice was about late boarding on Thursday due to enhanced cleaning. Then onboard we got info about steering issues. Then info about not getting into Baltimore until Sat. More info to come at 12:30 today. Katherine

Onboard as well. Lady Hudson is correct.

Everyone is sanitizing everything 5 or 6 times a day that I see.

Was a great cruise. Now I just want it over with. Very rocky on this ship right now at 12:15 am Thursday the 11th.

Even the soda machines have attendants to give us soda fills. Compasses are not in the case on the wall to pick up down by the guest services. Starbucks won’t take our sea passes they just have us show it to them.

I keep praying my or my family doesn’t get sick.

Everyone has a right to their own experience, but I'm still having a great time. I firmly believe that the biggest determining factor for whether you have a good time or not is your own attitude. They're still feeding me good food, I can still get alcohol when I want it, the toilets all work and I'm washing my hands every chance I get. It could be a ton worse (I could be one of the ones having to clean the ship or listen to people complain - some about totally justifiable things and others about trivial things in hopes of getting something free out of the cruise line). They can't control the weather and they have a lot less to do with noro outbreaks than the passengers do.

It might even get sunny for part of today - I've got hopes :)

OPP = Outbreak Prevention Plan

Level 3 is a bad one and means that the crew have to do a lot of extra sanitation work to avoid a full outbreak.

Thank you for the correction. I was afraid that I wasn't remembering it correctly.

Everyone has a right to their own experience, but I'm still having a great time. I firmly believe that the biggest determining factor for whether you have a good time or not is your own attitude. They're still feeding me good food, I can still get alcohol when I want it, the toilets all work and I'm washing my hands every chance I get. It could be a ton worse (I could be one of the ones having to clean the ship or listen to people complain - some about totally justifiable things and others about trivial things in hopes of getting something free out of the cruise line). They can't control the weather and they have a lot less to do with noro outbreaks than the passengers do.

It might even get sunny for part of today - I've got hopes :)

WELL SAID. A cruise is what you make out of it. As they say.. Ship Happens.:D

I know, history is so boring. Outer space is so out of style. Who wants to learn stuff? Who could possibly be interested in this garbage? Pardon me while I go back to trolling instagram.

See? We agree !

After questioning the Loyalty Ambassador, we heard that we will not be earning the extra points.

Not usually get extra points but can and has happen. It's worked out both ways when situation happened to me. I've got points when wasn't supposed to so never know. Good Luck...