RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

According to HD on Oasis, Miami did send out a directive of no more overflow lounges.

He also said Millie from C&A is boarding us in SanJuan to see how crowded the lounges are with no overflow

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I realize it’s only been one night so far on this current cruise, but how was the crowding last night?

We made Diamond last year and were very happy to do it. The lounge has been great, made a few new friends. One couple and their kids are almost D+. Yes, they paid for the kids each cruise. It isn’t as easy as it sounds to get those points. Not everyone lives close enough to the ports to hop on and off and get such a nice variety of ships. I think requiring a cruise now and then is a good solution for keeping the status. Taking away hard earned benefits just doesn’t see, the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

According to HD on Oasis, Miami did send out a directive of no more overflow lounges.

He also said Millie from C&A is boarding us in SanJuan to see how crowded the lounges are with no overflow

John, will she be going on Harmony to check out the tiny little cave in the bilge used as a DL? ;):eek:

Tell Millie we said hello.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on Harmony last year and it was one of the best Diamond Club experiences we've had. A couple of nights they opened up overflow in the comedy club across the way, but most of the time there was enough room in the pretty small room. The concierge (don't remember his name) was pretty amazing too. I think a lot of it is luck of the draw. Harmony tends to have a lot of "fewer time" cruisers so the club is not so busy as it would be on longer cruises.

We suggested to the concierge that they make on of the walls into a virtual balcony (we know they have the technology. He liked that idea, but I'd guess those decisions are above his pay grade.

Also, the coffee maker and small treats for breakfast make it a welcome and quiet place to grab a quick cup.

Tom

John, will she be going on Harmony to check out the tiny little cave in the bilge used as a DL? ;):eek:

We were on Harmony last year and it was one of the best Diamond Club experiences we've had. A couple of nights they opened up overflow in the comedy club across the way, but most of the time there was enough room in the pretty small room. The concierge (don't remember his name) was pretty amazing too. I think a lot of it is luck of the draw. Harmony tends to have a lot of "fewer time" cruisers so the club is not so busy as it would be on longer cruises.

We suggested to the concierge that they make on of the walls into a virtual balcony (we know they have the technology. He liked that idea, but I'd guess those decisions are above his pay grade.

Also, the coffee maker and small treats for breakfast make it a welcome and quiet place to grab a quick cup.

Tom

We were on Harmony 3 times on her maiden year of 2016.

We usually eat after 8.30 pm so we went into the DL around 5pm nightly for the snacks which were the best we have ever had in a DL.

We stayed in the DL for around 30-45 minutes had a couple of glasses of champagne then went back to the cabin to get ready for the night.

We weren't impressed with the DL so never went back in later prefering to sit in Central Park listening to live music.

We were on Harmony 3 times on her maiden year of 2016.

We usually eat after 8.30 pm so we went into the DL around 5pm nightly for the snacks which were the best we have ever had in a DL.

We stayed in the DL for around 30-45 minutes had a couple of glasses of champagne then went back to the cabin to get ready for the night.

We weren't impressed with the DL so never went back in later prefering to sit in Central Park listening to live music.

I do like your idea about sitting in Central Park...on nice weather evenings of course. ;)

Tom

The DL on Oasis on our last cruise in December was unreal crowded...and that was in a much bigger lounge. Will be interesting to see how the set up is when we board Harmony with the much smaller lounge. Will of course depend on how many upper tier C&A members are on board.

Thanks for the update info! At least we will be able to get morning coffee in there. ;)

The DL on Oasis on our last cruise in December was unreal crowded...and that was in a much bigger lounge. Will be interesting to see how the set up is when we board Harmony with the much smaller lounge. Will of course depend on how many upper tier C&A members are on board.

Thanks for the update info! At least we will be able to get morning coffee in there. ;)

I wouldn’t be surprised if the coffee goes away in the not so near future the lose a good amount of money on coffee.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the coffee goes away in the not so near future the lose a good amount of money on coffee.

Really? Retired Food service territory manager here. The coffee beans they use in the lounges are not an expensive brand...the unlimited alcohol drinks are the big cost. Unless you are doing some exotic brand. Starbucks it is not. ;) The machines they use in the lounges are expensive...not the coffee beans.

Where are you getting your loss figures from? And will the free coffee in the dining room, Promenade, and WJ go away also?

The cost of coffee is an inexpensive way to keep members happy. Carafe coffee comes in large containers from the windjammer ?( have seen staff member carry in ).

Really? Retired Food service territory manager here. The coffee beans they use in the lounges are not an expensive brand...the unlimited alcohol drinks are the big cost. Unless you are doing some exotic brand. Starbucks it is not. ;) The machines they use in the lounges are expensive...not the coffee beans.

Where are you getting your loss figures from? And will the free coffee in the dining room, Promenade, and WJ go away also?

As we all know that stuff they pour for free in the windjammer is not drinkable, look at what they could make at the park cafe for sale

Also you if your keeping count the machine in the DL on the Liberty is broken a good amount of the time.

I just asked my Magic 8 Ball and it says,"my reply is no".

They used to have the specialty coffee for d+ on the cards and go to Starbucks any time.

This is one of the perks is going away. We ask at the last couple cruises and they said to go to the lounge open 24 hours to get the coffee .

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

just got off the Freedom and surprise that most of the perks went away. You et specialty coffe only at the specialties restaurants. No priority boarding or debarkation. In othe words you really get othing except washing clothe and folding and one free picture. How is cup of coffe doing any damage to RCL revenue? Johnny Rockets all you get is buy one milkshake and get on free lol. Not much to keep me with RCL. Sad! :')

As we all know that stuff they pour for free in the windjammer is not drinkable, look at what they could make at the park cafe for sale

WJ coffee that sits for hours burning away in an urn that is not cleaned very often, versus what those machines in the DL/CL/SL can do that make your cup to order each time.

Take wine for example....can be same grapes...different way they handle it. White Zin (pink koolaid) is made from the same varietal that makes those juicy full bodied red zins. It can be all in the way it's handled.

Also you if your keeping count the machine in the DL on the Liberty is broken a good amount of the time.

That's why I like the choice of going to the DL or CL. ;) Happened all the time on Enchantment also. At least one of the machines are usually running.

just got off the Freedom and surprise that most of the perks went away. You et specialty coffe only at the specialties restaurants. No priority boarding or debarkation. In othe words you really get othing except washing clothe and folding and one free picture. How is cup of coffe doing any damage to RCL revenue? Johnny Rockets all you get is buy one milkshake and get on free lol. Not much to keep me with RCL. Sad! :')
I didn't see priority boarding at Ft Lauderdale. Our friends said they did see a sign.

They used to have the specialty coffee for d+ on the cards and go to Starbucks any time.

This is one of the perks is going away. We ask at the last couple cruises and they said to go to the lounge open 24 hours to get the coffee .

Which ship was that? I have never, ever had Starbucks freebies loaded onto my card. :confused::o I would love to see coupons issued when the machines are broken though.