RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

According to the HD on Oasis, he doesn't want a Wonderland. Not enough seats and few repeats customers. I don't recall if he was in favor of something else or leave it be as a DL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I agree with this.

Wonderland was great as a novelty and we really enjoyed it but wouldn't consider doing it twice during our cruise.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I am not a pinnacle, just a lowly D+.... but isn't it human nature to hang out with people you know?

I just don't get the annymosity that people seem to have an hankering for against others whose only crime was to get old and spend a lot of their retirement taking cruises.

Just seems like a lot of misplaced anger.

JC

Totally agree with you.

My wife's and my jobs over the last 40 years has entailed dealing with people from all walks of life and religion so we have time for everyone.

If someone is nasty or not friendly that is their problem.

Why would people repeat. We did it on the Anthem in 2016, with a really good waiter. Then we did it again, with an OK waiter and the exact same food. First time it seemed awesome... second time, really. The second cruise was pretty much on the other side of the world from NY City... Asia.

I don't plan on revisiting the Wonderland experience.... I am a foodie, and it is great, but it is really a been there done that experience.

JC

Thats exactly our experience too.

Of course you can have a mixer with your tequila, what were you asking for that they wouldn't give you?

A margarita ... told no it wasn’t allowed. Could have a shot or anything mixed with water or a soda. Went and got the paperwork to show me that’s all I could have: IMG_0393.jpg.b30d2584ff056923bdf042f41e54fe9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A margarita ... told no it wasn’t allowed. Could have a shot or anything mixed with water or a soda. Went and got the paperwork to show me that’s all I could have: [ATTACH]414194[/ATTACH]

Question... what did you use to post the picture? Some of us are having issues trying to post pictures using the CC App.

I don’t want to go thru 51 pages of this am curious if others have found a problem with the three drinks added to your seapass. Basically we were told we can have a shot but not a mixer unless it’s a soda or water. The tequila is okay but hmmm, no mixer please and thank you. Bizarre.

Rarely if ever a problem. We use sea pass vouchers at ship bars rather than the lounges at least 5 nights of a 7 night cruise. We've had Cosmopolitans, Bloody Marys, screwdriver, a modified lemon drop made with plain vodka and sour mix and others.

Perhaps you ran into a new server who is not aware of what is allowed. If that happens, just try another bar. I'll bet that after a day or so, the bartender will learn what is allowed.

Cheers

M

Rarely if ever a problem. We use sea pass vouchers at ship bars rather than the lounges at least 5 nights of a 7 night cruise. We've had Cosmopolitans, Bloody Marys, screwdriver, a modified lemon drop made with plain vodka and sour mix and others.

Perhaps you ran into a new server who is not aware of what is allowed. If that happens, just try another bar. I'll bet that after a day or so, the bartender will learn what is allowed.

Cheers

M

Nope. After being charged we went to guest services to complain. Were told the waiters were correct. After being told of policy sent from Miami, and we advised we were unaware of the policy, they refunded our $. We tested it again at a different bar and again were told no. It was then we were showed the sheet and told some bend it but if caught they get in trouble

Cheers

M

Or it could be Royal is cracking down on the FREE drink offerings. I think the list has always been but not strictly enforced. Eliminating the overflow is also a sign. Want select drinks, buy ala carte or get a drink package.

Or it could be Royal is cracking down on the FREE drink offerings. I think the list has always been but not strictly enforced. Eliminating the overflow is also a sign. Want select drinks, buy ala carte or get a drink package.

The waitress who showed us the list eventually gave me my margarita but had to ring it up as a shot of tequila ... otherwise the register forced her to charge us

I don’t want to go thru 51 pages of this am curious if others have found a problem with the three drinks added to your seapass. Basically we were told we can have a shot but not a mixer unless it’s a soda or water. The tequila is okay but hmmm, no mixer please and thank you. Bizarre.

Rarely if ever a problem. We use sea pass vouchers at ship bars rather than the lounges at least 5 nights of a 7 night cruise. We've had Cosmopolitans, Bloody Marys, screwdriver, a modified lemon drop made with plain vodka and sour mix ( real lemon drips have flavored vodka) and others. The voucher does not included any blended drinks, like a Pina Colada. As long as the drink has just one liquor and is not blended, is it generally not a problem. Long island ice tea, generally no! You mentioned a Margarita in another post, that has two liquors, Tequila and Triple Sec. We have had a margarita served, perhaps they omitted the triple sec and just added a bit of orange juice.

Possible that you ran into a new server who is not aware of what is allowed. If that happens, just try another bar. I'll bet that after a day or so, the bartender will learn what is allowed.

Cheers

M

Nope. After being charged we went to guest services to complain. Were told the waiters were correct. After being told of policy sent from Miami, and we advised we were unaware of the policy, they refunded our $. We tested it again at a different bar and again were told no. It was then we were showed the sheet and told some bend it but if caught they get in trouble

You server should have told you up front that you were gong to be charged. Further you must have been given a receipt to sign.

A few times I've asked for a drink that is not allowed (Didn't know it had two alcohols) and the server tells me up front that I will be charged. I can decide to order something else, or accept the drink. On our recent January cruises on two different ships, our welcome letter noted that voucher drinks not on the list will have a 25% ( maybe 20 - I can't recall) discount during happy hours. I guess not really the point, but did you get the drink at the % discount.

Sorry you had these issues. Seems odd. What ship were you on, and when was the cruise.

thx

Rarely if ever a problem. We use sea pass vouchers at ship bars rather than the lounges at least 5 nights of a 7 night cruise. We've had Cosmopolitans, Bloody Marys, screwdriver, a modified lemon drop made with plain vodka and sour mix ( real lemon drips have flavored vodka) and others. The voucher does not included any blended drinks, like a Pina Colada. As long as the drink has just one liquor and is not blended, is it generally not a problem. Long island ice tea, generally no! You mentioned a Margarita in another post, that has two liquors, Tequila and Triple Sec. We have had a margarita served, perhaps they omitted the triple sec and just added a bit of orange juice.

Possible that you ran into a new server who is not aware of what is allowed. If that happens, just try another bar. I'll bet that after a day or so, the bartender will learn what is allowed.

Cheers

M

Well that theory might work (replace with orange juice) if the registers didn’t automatically reject a margarita from being free. My DH tried to get a mojito which only has one alcohol. Denied. We tried to order a martini. Denied. Tried a couple other drinks as well. Were simply told to blame Miami. We are in a suite and retreated the the suite lounge

Well that theory might work (replace with orange juice) if the registers didn’t automatically reject a margarita from being free. My DH tried to get a mojito which only has one alcohol. Denied. We tried to order a martini. Denied. Tried a couple other drinks as well. Were simply told to blame Miami. We are in a suite and retreated the the suite lounge

Hmm - never had an issue with a martini, on any ship at any bar for the past few years. Sailed 3 cruises just last month on 2 different ships, and again no issue with a martini.

Would you mind telling us what ship and when you sailed. As we frequent the ship bars rather than the D lounge or Concierge lounge ( for ship that still have one) I'll want to be prepared.

Thx

M

I am not a pinnacle, just a lowly D+.... but isn't it human nature to hang out with people you know?

I just don't get the annymosity that people seem to have an hankering for against others whose only crime was to get old and spend a lot of their retirement taking cruises.

Just seems like a lot of misplaced anger.

JC

Oh please, give me a break...I was in the people business for over 40 years and I get it if people want to hang with people they know but this was way more than that. I read people well and it was what it was. No "hankering" here, I am one of those retired people who cruise a lot (D+ on RCCL, Elite on Princess, plus sail SeaDream as often as we can) and I am no spring chicken but at some point people have to understand that in crowded venues like the DL its appropriate to come in, have your drinks with friends and visit for a while (not for hours on end), and leave so others can enjoy. If they booked an inside room and need a place to hang out, fine, spend all day in there when most people are elsewhere, but to go in by 4:00, so you they can get a "prime" space, and not leave until 8:00 is a bit much. And how many time does it take anyone to figure out the coffee machine!!

If you are using the actual cruise critic app, then I would highly recommend switching over and using Tapatalk as your app. The cruise critic app posts pictures at a ridiculously small size, and they are almost illegible if you actually try and look at them.... whereas the Tapatalk app usually posts quite amazing pictures.