RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

There’s 100 different charts out there all saying different things. One of the main factors in that statistic being false is the millions and millions of tv’s being sold with android operating systems. They are being registered in that stat. I have both. One for work (android) and one for personal (iPhone). Not partial to either.

Oh please, give me a break...I was in the people business for over 40 years and I get it if people want to hang with people they know but this was way more than that. I read people well and it was what it was. No "hankering" here, I am one of those retired people who cruise a lot (D+ on RCCL, Elite on Princess, plus sail SeaDream as often as we can) and I am no spring chicken but at some point people have to understand that in crowded venues like the DL its appropriate to come in, have your drinks with friends and visit for a while (not for hours on end), and leave so others can enjoy. If they booked an inside room and need a place to hang out, fine, spend all day in there when most people are elsewhere, but to go in by 4:00, so you they can get a "prime" space, and not leave until 8:00 is a bit much. And how many time does it take anyone to figure out the coffee machine!!

The most we stayed at the DL is an hour. And that is enough time to get a couple drinks and socialize with friends. I have seen people camping all day , playing cards and games.

So far I see they taking out the CL and adding SL

M

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

I thought HTC was an android phone.

I post on cc using my android phone and the 2 pyramid icon which i clicked on to post photos has been taken off the app.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I believe HTC is Android as well. On iOS , the insert picture is still on my App but it fails.

I guess they are tired of deleting my US Flag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There’s 100 different charts out there all saying different things. One of the main factors in that statistic being false is the millions and millions of tv’s being sold with android operating systems. They are being registered in that stat. I have both. One for work (android) and one for personal (iPhone). Not partial to either.

Actually, the Android number is misleading. Apple sales more phones than any other one vender. However, it very likely that the number of Android users exceed iPhone users. Only one vender sales iPhones and many sell Android phones.

Actually, the Android number is misleading. Apple sales more phones than any other one vender. However, it very likely that the number of Android users exceed iPhone users. Only one vender sales iPhones and many sell Android phones.

Samsung sells an equal number of phones to Apple. Most quarters over the last 2 years they sell more.

Rarely if ever a problem. We use sea pass vouchers at ship bars rather than the lounges at least 5 nights of a 7 night cruise. We've had Cosmopolitans, Bloody Marys, screwdriver, a modified lemon drop made with plain vodka and sour mix ( real lemon drips have flavored vodka) and others. The voucher does not included any blended drinks, like a Pina Colada. As long as the drink has just one liquor and is not blended, is it generally not a problem. Long island ice tea, generally no! You mentioned a Margarita in another post, that has two liquors, Tequila and Triple Sec. We have had a margarita served, perhaps they omitted the triple sec and just added a bit of orange juice.

Possible that you ran into a new server who is not aware of what is allowed. If that happens, just try another bar. I'll bet that after a day or so, the bartender will learn what is allowed.

Cheers

M

Have not had problems getting long island ice teas on grandeur, explorer, allure and oasis. I have mellowed out this cruise and have been drinking double screwdrivers. Will order a long island tomorrow night and report back from serenade.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You server should have told you up front that you were gong to be charged. Further you must have been given a receipt to sign.

A few times I've asked for a drink that is not allowed (Didn't know it had two alcohols) and the server tells me up front that I will be charged. I can decide to order something else, or accept the drink. On our recent January cruises on two different ships, our welcome letter noted that voucher drinks not on the list will have a 25% ( maybe 20 - I can't recall) discount during happy hours. I guess not really the point, but did you get the drink at the % discount.

Sorry you had these issues. Seems odd. What ship were you on, and when was the cruise.

thx

On this sailing of serenade, first time since making diamond, there was a line that said any drink not on list would be 20% off. Has any one seen that before?

Well that theory might work (replace with orange juice) if the registers didn’t automatically reject a margarita from being free. My DH tried to get a mojito which only has one alcohol. Denied. We tried to order a martini. Denied. Tried a couple other drinks as well. Were simply told to blame Miami. We are in a suite and retreated the the suite lounge

What ship was this oasis, allure, harmony or liberty?

I know of two Pinnacles that are the sweetest people you will ever meet on a cruise. And can't wait to sail with you two again in December! :D

We have many "Pineapple" friends who are very dear to us. [emoji813]eyes:

Yes Stanmelb and his wife are great fun loving people.

On this sailing of serenade, first time since making diamond, there was a line that said any drink not on list would be 20% off. Has any one seen that before?

Nope. Our last cruise on RC was a B2B cruise on the Jewel April 2017. Maybe policies have changed since our cruise or Jewel wasn't charging.

I thought HTC was an android phone.

I post on cc using my android phone and the 2 pyramid icon which i clicked on to post photos has been taken off the app.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I always call that the mountain app. Never thought it was two pyramids, but I get it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

And don't forget Android manufactures sell multiple levels of their phones, many we never see in the US. iPhone is a premium level only

And don't forget Android manufactures sell multiple levels of their phones, many we never see in the US. iPhone is a premium level only

I rechecked my facts. First post was Fake News.

Samsung is #1 in Smartphone sales with 24% market share with Apple #2 with 14% share.

That's what I understood also Sherri...I thought Wonderland was not that popular on ships that have them?
It would be great. Unfortunately after OA leaves Port C, we are booked for 2 HM cruises that have Wonderland instead of the 2 story DL. The DL is on Deck 4 and is small. Will enjoy OA's DL while we have her in Port C.

Nope. After being charged we went to guest services to complain. Were told the waiters were correct. After being told of policy sent from Miami, and we advised we were unaware of the policy, they refunded our $. We tested it again at a different bar and again were told no. It was then we were showed the sheet and told some bend it but if caught they get in trouble

Have had the same problem. Obviously some ships are stricter than others about this. Just frustrating how inconsistent RC is with things like this.

You server should have told you up front that you were gong to be charged. Further you must have been given a receipt to sign.

A few times I've asked for a drink that is not allowed (Didn't know it had two alcohols) and the server tells me up front that I will be charged. I can decide to order something else, or accept the drink. On our recent January cruises on two different ships, our welcome letter noted that voucher drinks not on the list will have a 25% ( maybe 20 - I can't recall) discount during happy hours. I guess not really the point, but did you get the drink at the % discount.

Sorry you had these issues. Seems odd. What ship were you on, and when was the cruise.

thx

I have never been able to get a "voucher drink" in any venue outside of the DL without paying for it. Lots of "nope don't do those here" or when the drink was delivered, so was the bill eith no forewarning that it would cost and when I paid, definitely NO discount. Drink of choice generally Bailey's on ice or spiced rum and diet cola.