RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

What does RCL suite guest have, a lounge, Coastal Kitchen & reserved seating overlooking an overcrowded pool. Not worth the money to me.

After saying in a suite on Anthem (with CK) I agree with you. Celebrity has a suite restaurant on every ship. If the cost is "about" the same I'll go with Celebrity. I suppose the Star class (unlimited specialty restaurant dining) is a way to compete with this perk without putting in a suite restaurant.

Do many of you venture out to the other Lounges. Some have piano players, some singers, some musicians, and even Karaoke. You do have 3 Free drinks loaded on your SeaPass or is the DL the highlight of your cruising?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

M8 -

You know my answer.

We like the three drinks and the flexibility to have the drinks around the ship. We rarely use all three, so three is fine for us. I like the lounge in the morning for specialty coffee. We rarely, if ever, use the services of a concierge. It is so easy to pick up a phone and make a reservation and luckily we've rarely had a incident that we needed his/her assistance.

Last cruise on Oasis, we met two (new to cruising) couples waiting for the dining room to open. We had a lot of common interests and we met them several evenings during the week for a drink and then had dinner together. We were able to use our voucher for our drinks.

We seem to find a bar/lounge or two and enjoy those venues during the week. The staff gets to know us and are attentive. Even through we cruise often, we go to a few shows and can generally get a drink in the theater.

The lounge is certainly NOT the highlight of our cruise experience. In the past year we've cruised 4 times on ships (Empress/Majesty) with no lounge and our cruise experience was not diminished at all.

M

Sure. I'll get right on that as soon as I earn my first million or win a lottery. Meanwhile for us working stiffs that earned D+ by paying for it one cruise at a time, it's pretty insulting to be basically told that our loyal money isn't good enough anymore and to have many of the golden carrots they dangled in front of us as incentive to earn this "elite" status, such as the CL, "reassigned" and taken away, to be given freely to someone just because they can afford to slam down 30 grand in one shot and may never sail again or to those that have the ability/luxury of cruising 50 weeks of the year. For the rest of us slobs it's kiss off there's no room at the inn because you took too long to get here. Thanks a bunch Royal.

If you feel this way, why cruise Royal?

I believe you will find many Suite Guests are not one and done cruisers. Many are Diamond, D+, and P. Many of those are on CC.

What your saying here would be like someone saying most all P’s stay in inside cabins. I’ve meet plenty that stay in Full Suites.

This is an issue i have taken up with Royal on several occasions, I believe it is diminishing our Loyalty benefit. D and D+ must really get frustrated by the fact that a Drink Package sale price of 30% which is the regular offer in the UK mean that their benefit is wiped out. When adding in the fact that a lot of UK sales are only sold with inclusive drink packages then the Happy Hour benefit is also lost. I think this needs addressing and have said so to many people.

I qualify for 40% and it's still around the same price as an average sale price on the cruise planner. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Sure. I'll get right on that as soon as I earn my first million or win a lottery. Meanwhile for us working stiffs that earned D+ by paying for it one cruise at a time, it's pretty insulting to be basically told that our loyal money isn't good enough anymore and to have many of the golden carrots they dangled in front of us as incentive to earn this "elite" status, such as the CL, "reassigned" and taken away, to be given freely to someone just because they can afford to slam down 30 grand in one shot and may never sail again or to those that have the ability/luxury of cruising 50 weeks of the year. For the rest of us slobs it's kiss off there's no room at the inn because you took too long to get here. Thanks a bunch Royal.

Did I miss something. Don't D/D+ have a lounge and all the benefits that come with it? Why does it matter what it is called....Concierge lounge, Diamond Lounge, Loyalty lounge, whatever. By the way - I believe the Concierge Lounge was always a lounge for SUITE guests and other levels of C&A were given access. It is not a new concept to give suite guest the new benefit of a lounge.

Just for the record, we are (as you put it) working stiffs like many others, and earned our C&A status one cruise at a time generally in a standard cabin. I appreciate what C&A give us, even though many of the benefits are watered down. ( ex. now most anyone can get the same specialty dinner benefit as the D+ BOGO). I've seen benefits come and go throughout the years. We started cruising in 1987 and took our first RCCL cruise in 1997 and have seen lots of changes.

And, I don't fault the cruise line for catering to those who want to pay for a suite. It is no different than those who pay for first/business class on a flight. Those in coach, regardless of how often they fly don't get the same level of benefits as someone who is paying for first class. Same goes for land hotels.

I am happy for what we get from RCCL. If I ever become disenchanted, then it is time to spend my money elsewhere.

M

This is an issue i have taken up with Royal on several occasions, I believe it is diminishing our Loyalty benefit. D and D+ must really get frustrated by the fact that a Drink Package sale price of 30% which is the regular offer in the UK mean that their benefit is wiped out. When adding in the fact that a lot of UK sales are only sold with inclusive drink packages then the Happy Hour benefit is also lost. I think this needs addressing and have said so to many people.

Unfortunately, the C&A package discounts are based on onboard pricing. What it costs to buy the package onboard.

Typically the discount price online is already at 20% off onboard pricing. When they do a “sale”, it’s generally 25% off, better than Diamond onboard.

D+ gets about a net 5% off onboard and P 15%. (Onboard pricing).

Here’s my take. Royal is not forcing anyone to buy a drink package or buy a drink for that matter. We just consider it a cost of cruising.

Now that they require all people in a cabin to purchase packages (21+), in many cases it has driven up the cost of drinking and has added to the overcrowding in the DL.

What we now pay for two packages is about what some cruisers pay PP for their cabin.

No knowledge of UK pricing on packages.

Maybe Royal offers all inclusive packages so cruisers don’t attempt to smuggle alcohol onboard.

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

I mean cancel the drinks package. Not the cruise

Sent from my G8141 using Forums mobile app

Online Drink Package purchases may be cancelled I think up until 3 days before cruise. This is for US. Not sure policy in other countries.

It is likely to take a week or more to get your refund.

Online Drink Package purchases may be cancelled I think up until 3 days before cruise. This is for US. Not sure policy in other countries.

It is likely to take a week or more to get your refund.

We had bought a wine package on the Indy Ta one year. Upgraded the cabin and got a free drinks package included. We got a full refund.

Point being, poster above can cancel, get a refund and purchase on board and save a few $$

We had bought a wine package on the Indy Ta one year. Upgraded the cabin and got a free drinks package included. We got a full refund.

Point being, poster above can cancel, get a refund and purchase on board and save a few $$

Wasn’t sure about UK.

Correct nobody is forcing anybody to buy a drink package, a drink or even a cruise. However my point is that if a loyalty member is offered a percentage benefit than that benefit should be based upon the rate charged to a cruiser that does not get the benefit. Simply increasing rates in order to be seen to offer a reduction means that the benefit is reduced to a lower amount. It is bizarre that a first time cruiser can be offered a product at the same percentage as a loyal one who is told their loyalty gets them something over those that have not shown that loyalty. This is further compounded when cruises are only sold as being inclusive and therefore the benefit is totally wiped out, and a d, D+ or P member gets the same packe at the same rate as a first timer.

Wasn’t sure about UK.

We tend to get a lot of promotions offering all inclusive which is drinks and tips in the price. It costs us £75pp to change and is usually worth it. Especially on a Ta.

It's wasted on me, but the cabin upgrade is good

We tend to get a lot of promotions offering all inclusive which is drinks and tips in the price. It costs us £75pp to change and is usually worth it. Especially on a Ta.

It's wasted on me, but the cabin upgrade is good

I’ve not seen an all inclusive offered directly by Royal. Why do you think the offer to those booking out of UK? Is it the tips?

I personally wish Royal would offer US all inclusive. It would benefit those that buy the packages as the costs is spread out over all cruisers, both drinkers and non drinkers.

Make it a cost of cruising.

Correct nobody is forcing anybody to buy a drink package, a drink or even a cruise. However my point is that if a loyalty member is offered a percentage benefit than that benefit should be based upon the rate charged to a cruiser that does not get the benefit. Simply increasing rates in order to be seen to offer a reduction means that the benefit is reduced to a lower amount. It is bizarre that a first time cruiser can be offered a product at the same percentage as a loyal one who is told their loyalty gets them something over those that have not shown that loyalty. This is further compounded when cruises are only sold as being inclusive and therefore the benefit is totally wiped out, and a d, D+ or P member gets the same packe at the same rate as a first timer.

I hear what your saying. However, the alcohol in the DL is normally limited to the types on the list. In many DL/CL/SL , one may get upgraded liquor if they have the package.

I hear what your saying. However, the alcohol in the DL is normally limited to the types on the list. In many DL/CL/SL , one may get upgraded liquor if they have the package.

So far, I've only seen that on Oasis ships.

I did witness a very irritated suite guest get turned down when asking for a free Makers Mark. His last word was "unbelievable"

So far, I've only seen that on Oasis ships

We had upgraded liquor on both Serenade and Brilliance in the CL. Typically after the first night, good bartenders will insure they stock your brand, as long as you have the DP. Tipping likely helps too. I had my Tito’s on both ships.

On EN, they stuck to the list. On MJ we got upgraded liquor.

We had upgraded liquor on both Serenade and Brilliance in the CL. Typically after the first night, good bartenders will insure they stock your brand, as long as you have the DP. Tipping likely helps too. I had my Tito’s on both ships.

On EN, they stuck to the list. On MJ we got upgraded liquor.

I would think that could cause confusion and disappointment for those that see the unavailable liquor. Did they keep it out of sight? Even that could be hard since the Radiance ships have bar seating.

MJ doesn't surprise me since they are making the Diamond drinks in a functional back bar.

If you cancel before, do you not get a refund

If you cancel 72 hours or more before the cruise, you get a full refund to your credit card. After that you would have to cancel onboard, and that would get you onboard credit.

I would think that could cause confusion and disappointment for those that see the unavailable liquor. Did they keep it out of sight? Even that could be hard since the Radiance ships have bar seating.

MJ doesn't surprise me since they are making the Diamond drinks in a functional back bar.

Actually, the bottles were in full display. On Allure, they have a full bar. I have seen the bartenders refer to the list for those asking for upgraded alcohol. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember the list properly displayed on the bar.

Why would it be a disappointment? Don’t Diamonds and up typically know what’s on the list? It would be easy for the bartender to say those are upgraded liquor for $.