RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I’ve not seen an all inclusive offered directly by Royal. Why do you think the offer to those booking out of UK? Is it the tips?

I personally wish Royal would offer US all inclusive. It would benefit those that buy the packages as the costs is spread out over all cruisers, both drinkers and non drinkers.

Make it a cost of cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like you would be happy on MSC where you can buy the experience level you want.

Actually, the bottles were in full display. On Allure, they have a full bar. I have seen the bartenders refer to the list for those asking for upgraded alcohol. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember the list properly displayed on the bar.

Why would it be a disappointment? Don’t Diamonds and up typically know what’s on the list? It would be easy for the bartender to say those are upgraded liquor for $.

Suite passengers. [emoji6]

Allure no problem, I just think Serenade and Brilliance would be a problem. Do they even have a POS terminal?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Why would it be a disappointment? Don’t Diamonds and up typically know what’s on the list? It would be easy for the bartender to say those are upgraded liquor for $.

You would think they would but a lot of time when we are in a bar using our vouchers there is a D or above member trying to get the bartender to make them something that is NOT on the list.

I'm all for the SL on the larger ships because passengers really pay a lot for the Suites and deserve somewhere special.

The beef that myself and other D+ members have is the reduction from 2 lounges to 1 lounge and a dilution of our benefits.

Totally agree, Graham.

And since the original theme of this long running thread was about the new "no overflow" being implemented on some ships. Let's look at the facts:

1. D's are coming on board fast as the baby boomers retire and take up cruising. 80 points is a pretty easy level to reach.

2. Large ships indeed are offering even smaller DLs, too small for the ship's size.

3. Ever growing D's are now sharing the single lounge with D+ (and Pinnacles if they choose).

4. Great to have implemented the newly formed Suites Lounge for something special for high paying Suites guests...but why eliminate the CLs that were already there?

Higher numbers, no overflow, smaller DLs, demolishing the CLs as an alternative for D+ and Pinnacle. Is it any wonder crowding has become an issue? :o

You would think they would but a lot of time when we are in a bar using our vouchers there is a D or above member trying to get the bartender to make them something that is NOT on the list.

You know, listening to the all for free, admitted alcohol smugglers, it wouldn’t surprise me at all that they, probably having the list memorized, would request something off the list.

And then they complain about their perks being reduced.

It wasn't that long ago there was only one small CL with no windows in the middle of the ship.

Freedom class and Voyager class.

Mariner (Voyager class) is going into dry dock...CL being demolished...torn out. Inside cabins replacing that space.

D+ kicked back to DL as only choice unless cough up the extra thousands for a full suite.

Freedom class and Voyager class.

Mariner (Voyager class) is going into dry dock...CL being demolished...torn out. Inside cabins replacing that space.

D+ kicked back to DL as only choice unless cough up the extra thousands for a full suite.

And it wasn't that long ago there were no Diamond Clubs.

On Mariner, the DL was much better than the CL.

I wouldn't be surprised if it went back to the old way.

No Diamond Clubs

Why? RCI just spent a million dollars to put a DL on all ships didn't they?

The DL offers the same services as the old CLs did. Nothing is lost, except for the original issue, crowded Clubs.

Why? RCI just spent a million dollars to put a DL on all ships didn't they?

The DL offers the same services as the old CLs did. Nothing is lost, except for the original issue, crowded Clubs.

Diamonds would have 3 drinks on they're card.

D+ would get the use of the D Lounge

Totally agree, Graham.

And since the original theme of this long running thread was about the new "no overflow" being implemented on some ships. Let's look at the facts:

1. D's are coming on board fast as the baby boomers retire and take up cruising. 80 points is a pretty easy level to reach.

2. Large ships indeed are offering even smaller DLs, too small for the ship's size.

3. Ever growing D's are now sharing the single lounge with D+ (and Pinnacles if they choose).

4. Great to have implemented the newly formed Suites Lounge for something special for high paying Suites guests...but why eliminate the CLs that were already there?

Higher numbers, no overflow, smaller DLs, demolishing the CLs as an alternative for D+ and Pinnacle. Is it any wonder crowding has become an issue? :o

You have explained everything perfectly.

You would think with the size of the new ships and the number of higher loyalty guests on them RC could allocate a SL,CL and a DL on these ships.

I’ve not seen an all inclusive offered directly by Royal. Why do you think the offer to those booking out of UK? Is it the tips?

I personally wish Royal would offer US all inclusive. It would benefit those that buy the packages as the costs is spread out over all cruisers, both drinkers and non drinkers.

Make it a cost of cruising.

The cost of the inclusive includes the cost of the booze package. We had Navigator booked, before it was chartered, without package which we purchased separately. That cruise cancelled.

We then booked Adventure which had the all inclusive offer, Cost us slightly more than Navigator( with additional purchased packages).

Brits despite all the threads do in the main pre pay the tips. However given the choice many would not but would prefer to pay those that they have contact with.

A few are favourites of their TAs who pay the pre paid gratuities for them.

Thanks some of their new ships look amazing.

Agreed, those out of Southampton and around the Med.

Did you watch cruising with Jane McDonald, I was surprised to see the princess cruise in the med embarked and disembarked passenger in almost all of the ports of call. Must be a logistical nightmare.

Did you watch cruising with Jane McDonald, I was surprised to see the princess cruise in the med embarked and disembarked passenger in almost all of the ports of call. Must be a logistical nightmare.

I did see it. It also put Alaska up my list of to do.

Princess did look good

It must be.

I watch the cruise and Jane McDonald cruising,she still has a lovely singing voice too.

The cost of the inclusive includes the cost of the booze package. We had Navigator booked, before it was chartered, without package which we purchased separately. That cruise cancelled.

We then booked Adventure which had the all inclusive offer, Cost us slightly more than Navigator( with additional purchased packages).

Brits despite all the threads do in the main pre pay the tips. However given the choice many would not but would prefer to pay those that they have contact with.

A few are favourites of their TAs who pay the pre paid gratuities for them.

We had a great offer (in UK) which did include drinks packages and inclusive of onboard grats, so it really was inclusive . However, in most cases, the price was inflated by the cost of the drinks package anyway :')