? About Future Cruise credits and OBC

pa247

Took first Princess cruise on Regal last month and while on board we purchased 4 future cruise credits for $400, two for me and two for DH. On EACH purchase confirmation it says that we should get $25 obc for the next cruise we book when using the fcc's.

Booked Feb 28th on Royal and used all 4 credits but only received $25 obc for myself and $25 for DH.

Called Princess as I thought we should get $50 obc each but was told that it doesn't matter how many fcc's you use on one cruise, you only get one obc. Does this sound correct?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe I am missing something, but usually you only use one FCD per person, per cruise. So you should have used two, and you would receive $25pp.

you can use more than one to book a cruise

i booked a cruise with a newbie and i was allowed to use one of my FCD to use for my travel partner as their deposit so it depends who you get on the phone

It's unfortunate but essentially you wasted two of those FCDs, other than to reduce the balance of the payment of the outstanding balance. I doubt you can do anything about it now.

OP: try calling Princess (try several different times if you get a "no") and ask to reverse one of the FCDs for each of you.

If you're able to do that, save them for a future use. Don't use more than one at a time.;)

No I don't. We used all four cruise credits on this feb cruise.

I don't know what they did with the two other FCD's but unless somethings changed recently that people on CC don't know about they only applied one for each person.

You might be receiving payment back from Princess in the near future for the two other FCD's.

Applying your logic to booking, I would be buying as many as possible for my cruises and I know that that's not possible.

We all wish it were. LOL :D:D

Have you checked you Princess personalizer to see if you still have two more unused?

Along this same question, If 2 people book with a FCC do each of them get the obc or is the obc split between both people?

I travel with a friend (not related). If we both book with a FCC in a balcony cabin, will we each get a $100 obc (14 day cruise) or is the obc of $100 split between the two of us ($50 pp).

Or in the case of the OP, do the husband and wife both get the obc or is it one obc per cabin?

Along this same question, If 2 people book with a FCC do each of them get the obc or is the obc split between both people?

I travel with a friend (not related). If we both book with a FCC in a balcony cabin, will we each get a $100 obc (14 day cruise) or is the obc of $100 split between the two of us ($50 pp).

Or in the case of the OP, do the husband and wife both get the obc or is it one obc per cabin?

OBC is per FCC. You each get the applicable amount based on type of cabin.

Yes, the amount of credit is the same if you use one or use more FCDs per person to book. Since the OP is sailing again next month, I suggest waiting and buying more FCDs on that cruise, unless there's another cruise the OP wants to book before that cruise takes place.

OP: try calling Princess (try several different times if you get a "no") and ask to reverse one of the FCDs for each of you.

If you're able to do that, save them for a future use. Don't use more than one at a time.;)

Thanks. That's what I'm going to do because being new at this I didn't realize I would be wasting the two extra obc's. Final payment has already been made so not sure if I'll get anywhere but going to try.

I don't know what they did with the two other FCD's but unless somethings changed recently that people on CC don't know about they only applied one for each person.

You might be receiving payment back from Princess in the near future for the two other FCD's.

Applying your logic to booking, I would be buying as many as possible for my cruises and I know that that's not possible.

We all wish it were. LOL :D:D

Have you checked you Princess personalizer to see if you still have two more unused?

I just checked and don't have any unused FCD's. They applied both, $400 total to this one cruise and charged the balance of $366 to my Princess credit card.

f9dd9bdbd44bf1fdd24a5c85d2786646.jpg

Took first Princess cruise on Regal last month and while on board we purchased 4 future cruise credits for $400, two for me and two for DH. On EACH purchase confirmation it says that we should get $25 obc for the next cruise we book when using the fcc's.

Booked Feb 28th on Royal and used all 4 credits but only received $25 obc for myself and $25 for DH.

Called Princess as I thought we should get $50 obc each but was told that it doesn't matter how many fcc's you use on one cruise, you only get one obc. Does this sound correct?

I think you may have purchased Future Cruise Deposits.

Future Cruise Credits are normally something Princess gives dissatisfied passengers or are from an insurance claim. Different. Lots of people confuse the two.

And you can apply one FCD per person per cruise to get OBC. Any others you use will just take $100 off per FCD and no extra OBC.

I'm not sure if you are aware that one gets more OBC depending on the type of cabin booked and the length of the voyage. Just in case you aren't aware I am posting the amounts, etc. below.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

I'm not sure if you are aware that one gets more OBC depending on the type of cabin booked and the length of the voyage. Just in case you aren't aware I am posting the amounts, etc. below.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

I believe that is the answer.

They just cashed in the second 2 FCD's and used the amounts to lower the deposit.

Only the first 2 allow OBC to be allotted on the trip. (which is the main reason most people buy them in the first place)

I never considered it of being a way of cashing in FCD's since we always just apply it to cruises.