Seaside "Buttergate"

leos037

I couldn't find them either when I tried googling the butter/margarine brand.

I too found the info about nonno being a cheese dairy.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

Same for me I have tried googling Nonno butter Nonno Margarine nothing just as you all are saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Anyone got a photo of this spread? They usually have the company on the packing some where even if it is in the small print.

When I am on the ship in 5 weeks time I will be on look out for both [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

We are on the week of the 17th and will also be looking!

I cant believe this topic is being discussed..its so trivial...BUTTER..cop on please..

this topic is important! Margarine is a sludge made from industrially process vegetable oils which have no nutrtional value and is damaging to the vascular system.

Margarine is marketed as a healthy food and it is anything but food. It is a shelf stable , highly profitable, low cost fake food pedalled by the seed oil industries

OMG..i think you should check out the menu onboard any cruise ship..70% of its food is unhealthy..pizza..sugary drinks..alcohol..beer..etc..etc..debate these items..i think they are worse for your arteries than marge...

This is spreadable unsalted butter it’s actually my favourite and I buy it all the time. It has added olive or rapeseed oil to make it spreadable.

The non spreadable one is pure butter.

I think it is one of the best selling brands here in the U.K..

Rapeseed oil is Canola oil. Not a good thing at all:

https://draxe.com/canola-oil-gm/

Rapeseed oil is Canola oil. Not a good thing at all:

https://draxe.com/canola-oil-gm/

Perhaps it is time for a basic primer on cruising on a cruise line that maintains its Italian culture and customs.

Of course there is butter on the ship. It will probably be unsalted, but if you insist that the flavor of a salt preservative be present in the butter, there is a salt shaker available. Butter is offered because unlike Italians who know a good bread is savored unsullied, many feel that the taste must be adulterated with the addition of some flavoring.

This isn't Olive Garden, olive oil will not be on the table for dunking bread in (who the h@#l ever thought of that idea in the USA?)

Bread will be served as soon as you rear end hits the seat. It most likely will not appear again. (Don't be confused by the degradation of Italian food in the USA where bread if gooped up as garlic bread and is used as a cheap alternative to offering more expensive sides ). If you know that you will want several pieces of bread or more than one roll, take it when first offered.

Bread will not be served with pasta or pizza. Don't embarrass yourself by asking for the garlic toast.

If you want more water in you glass, ask for it. Of course your wait staff will refill the glass.

Perhaps others that are also experienced with different food customs and enjoy knowing that when traveling one does as local custom dictates can chime in.

Wow so they are trying to delve into the American cruise market by bringing their ships to home in American ports but you say us Americans are basically slobs. Just as the Europeans have their customs and habits so do Americans. I don't think that makes us terrible people. We grow up eating certain foods and doing things a certian way also ( depending on where you are from. I'm from South Jersey that means tomatoe sanwhiches and fried Pork roll sandwhiches😊). We drink with our meals and put butter on our bread and thats just the way it is here in good ol USA. We are not all over weight gluttens but food is a big part of our culture. We eat when we are happy and when we are sad. And dunking bread in oil with spices is devine!

Also I think I personally have only worn long pants to dinner on a cruise one time only because I am usually wearing a nice dress.

When in Rome do as the Romans do ... But when home porting in America don't bash the Americans because they are not acting European enough [emoji19]

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

Edited by toxicfairy

Indeed! I've lived in the States more of my life than back in Limerick, but not so long as to take to margarine over natural butter. Last week, I ran an extra loaf of brown bread, Seville orange marmalade and Kerry Gold butter over to a neighbor. Yesterday, he thanked me for the bread and marmalade, but asked what he was supposed to do with the block of butter! I wept. I remember the lyrics from a Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem album: "Ahem, ahem. Me mother has gone to church. She told me not to play with you because you're in the dirt; but it isn't because you're dirty, it isn't because you're clean. It's because you have the whooping cough and you eat margarine!"

Haha..flash back there..makem n clancy..kerrygold..up limerick..[emoji1184]🤣🤣🤣

You know - this is condescending. I’m allowed to understand another culture’s way of doing things and still not enjoy it. And I’m not going to apologize for enjoying chain restaurants either.

Having class comes in many forms' date=' not just being open to European dining traditions. I exercise mine by not looking down at others.

Enjoy your plain bread.

<><[/quote']

Yes.

Indeed! I've lived in the States more of my life than back in Limerick, but not so long as to take to margarine over natural butter. Last week, I ran an extra loaf of brown bread, Seville orange marmalade and Kerry Gold butter over to a neighbor. Yesterday, he thanked me for the bread and marmalade, but asked what he was supposed to do with the block of butter! I wept. I remember the lyrics from a Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem album: "Ahem, ahem. Me mother has gone to church. She told me not to play with you because you're in the dirt; but it isn't because you're dirty, it isn't because you're clean. It's because you have the whooping cough and you eat margarine!"

Good one!! I like that!

We are born and bred Americans but every time DH goes to the market, he comes home with "the block of butter".....he loves his Kerry Gold!!

Edited by suzyed

I was on the same cruise as the OP and let me tell you, that customer service line was at least doubled back on itself the ENTIRE time. There's a bar right next to it too so you'd have a grand time and easy access to your drinks. ;-)

What's the name of that bar?? Let's all meet there for an entertaining pre-dinner drink!!

Sssssh .............. don't mention Kerrygold. It's becoming so popular abroad, it'll get harder and more expensive to get hold of here - especially if they export so much that they leave the domestic market short. The French have cottoned onto it and there's a butter shortage due to the bad weather this year in Europe so demand to make their croissants is high. They're slowly discovering that it's the best butter in the world.

Didn't they have protests in one of the states (somewhere like Wisconsin) when they tried to add a new tax to imported goods and Kerrygold prices were going to be impacted as a result? They put in their coffee, there.

In their coffee???? NOOOOO!

wow so they are trying to delve into the american cruise market by bringing their ships to home in american ports but you say us americans are basically slobs. Just as the europeans have their customs and habits so do americans. I don't think that makes us terrible people. We grow up eating certain foods and doing things a certian way also ( depending on where you are from. I'm from south jersey that means tomatoe sanwhiches and fried pork roll sandwhiches). We drink with our meals and put butter on our bread and thats just the way it is here in good ol usa. We are not all over weight gluttens but food is a big part of our culture. We eat when we are happy and when we are sad. And dunking bread in oil with spices is devine!

Also i think i personally have only worn long pants to dinner on a cruise one time only because i am usually wearing a nice dress.

When in rome do as the romans do ... But when home porting in america don't bash the americans because they are not acting european enough [emoji19]

sent from my lgmp450 using forums mobile app

amen!!

OMG..i think you should check out the menu onboard any cruise ship..70% of its food is unhealthy..pizza..sugary drinks..alcohol..beer..etc..etc..debate these items..i think they are worse for your arteries than marge...

Its easy to eat in a healthy way on ships. Meat vegetables salads fruits. butter.

I think when I'm on the Seaside in a couple months I'm going to grab a seat by customer service with a few beers. Listening in on all the irate people at customer service might be the best entertainment on the ship.

Lol that is funny but I think your right :')

In their coffee???? NOOOOO!

I tried the coffee in butter it’s called bulletproof coffee I believe! Supposed to help weight loss, in one week I put on a pound and burnt my lip!

Gave that one up!

It does taste nice though like cream in your coffee, and I believe it’s an American health invention...