Seaside "Buttergate"

leos037

Ahhhh....The European experience!!

Really? I've eaten plenty of French and Italian bread. I do like butter with my bread though. I also like to sop up European olive oil or Italian garvy with it as well. The heck with the oleo substitutes!

Would this crazy thread be 152 comments long if the package said Land-O-Lakes Unsalted Spreadable? They both have the same ingredients by the way.

Some Land o Lakes spreadables are butter and some are not. Would probably depend which......??

We thought it was funny when on Italian night there were these cute dishes for Olive Oil. But.... we never got any Olive Oil!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we've needed to ask for the oil.

No butter at breakfast in the MDR today, either. I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

On our last night at dinner, they had the Lurpak. It was the only night we didn’t have American butter but asked for the other and he was able to get me one little pack. Seems there was a shortage toward the end which I am attributing to the extra sea day we had in missing Grand Cayman.

On our last night at dinner' date=' they had the Lurpak. It was the only night we didn’t have American butter but asked for the other and he was able to get me one little pack. Seems there was a shortage toward the end which I am attributing to the extra sea day we had in missing Grand Cayman.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote']

Please let it be Lurpak or President butter when we are on in a couple of weeks!

And the unsalted variety!

On our last night at dinner' date=' they had the Lurpak. It was the only night we didn’t have American butter but asked for the other and he was able to get me one little pack. Seems there was a shortage toward the end which I am attributing to the extra sea day we had in missing Grand Cayman.

[/quote']

So one extra lunch in the MDR means they didn't have for 2 dinners? I don't think so.

Google says this is from Denmark.

It is. Lurpak makes pure butter - salted and unsalted. They also make a spreadable version that is not allowed to be called butter here. It usually contains 80% milk fat and 20% other fat - probably vegetable oil of some kind.

It can be very hard to taste the difference.

Most often, yes. But not the one in the image. At least not pure butter. (Dane here - I know my Lurpak)

I know it’s the spreadable one as in part rapeseed oil. But so long as it’s unsalted I am happy!

:)

Excuse my ignorance, but it this a thread - 9 pages - about BUTTER??

The little things in life, huh?:)

You should know!! Didn't Norway have a butter crisis at Christmas time some years ago? I believe I remember Danes making a fortune selling butter in small packages to panicking Norwegians. :)

Also: Nine pages??? I have only one.