Seaside "Buttergate"

leos037

Let me get this right, you want the European so called experience but without the experience ... :confused:

Some people are like dustbins and will take anything in, the MDR has bread and the waiters bring it to you, water is available in bottles and those with drink packages get the bottles brought to them, if you ask for Coffee the waiter will bring it for you, I know because we had it on our Xmas cruise.

Some people on CC really are so gullible ... :rolleyes:

I think when I'm on the Seaside in a couple months I'm going to grab a seat by customer service with a few beers. Listening in on all the irate people at customer service might be the best entertainment on the ship.

db18a8453f1c7703146b2b0760a8d3f4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Europeans don't prefer margarine. I've never heard of such a thing.

Lurpak is a popular brand in Europe, it's probably because it's unsalted that it tastes different than salted butter.

Lived in many countries in Europe, the only place I ever saw "Lurpak" was on MSC ships ;)

Google says this is from Denmark.

But yes, Europeans don´t prefer Margarine, but they think the Americans do :cool:

Lived in many countries in Europe, the only place I ever saw "Lurpak" was on MSC ships ;)

Google says this is from Denmark.

But yes, Europeans don´t prefer Margarine, but they think the Americans do :cool:

It’s probably the biggest selling butter in the U.K.!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the ship, Fantastica package 5:30 Ipanema MDR.

Apparently if you not eating in specialty restaurant or Yaht club you cant get butter. What they have on the table is gag margarine and some other veg butter substitute. We asked and were told that they don't have any. My 7 year old who love butter was disappointed. I thought it was isolated but then encountered a passenger at guest services trowing a fit that he had to go and buy butter on one of the islands to bring on board :D

...I also found not having a bread basket on the table at MDR and no water pitcher to be mildly annoying, since water was never refilled and it took them a while to go around offering bread and they did it once. An issue if you have hungry kids

What about Pepper Grinders? Are they on the table or available?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s probably the biggest selling butter in the U.K.!

Wow, the Danish are really good in exporting their milk products. They also overflow half Asia with their terrible cheeses, even the Australians are better :cool:

But this Danish-UK-MSC butter is absolutely OK :halo:

Lurpak has been around for many years here. My nan has been dead for over 20 years and it's the only butter she ever bought. I remember going to her house as a little girl and turning my nose up at her 'funny' butter (because it's unsalted!). Now I love it.:)

Julie

But none of that nasty foreign cheese, make sure it's individually wrapped kraft slices!

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

So American. Get a grip people, or do we need to bring counselors on board in case soccer gets put up on a tv.

Your complaints about the most trivial issues on your trip are pathetic. Seriously, are you just trying to gain imaginary internet points to be CC Famous or something? You repeatedly come across as an entitled, spoiled old lady. You go on and on about how terrible the ship and services are, then you turn around and say "overall, it was a great trip". Schizoaffective at best. And, maybe your kid needs to stuff less butter in his piehole, and more protein. Buttergate? Really?

I suggest you go Foxtrot yourself. Feel free not to use butter.

There is no butter on this ship. Only margarine. I asked and asked and was told no, there is none.

They have olive oil but you have to ask for it.

Water glasses were never refilled. We were in the Seashore MDR at the 6pm seating.

I don't think its too much to expect something so basic as butter on a cruise!!