How Many Cruises Do You Normally Take Per Year for Those Working & Retired

Retired with a very part time job, checking cattle.

3 cruises per year 9+ days each.

4-6 land based RV trips in US. Usually 1-2 weeks each. Dog travels with us, except on cruises of course.

Happy traveling no matter how often or not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

retired. This year, 2018, 52 days on cruise ships, last year 73 days. This year we moved so that reduced the number of days. Total travel days cruises, land tours, independent trips about 120-140 days per year.

When DH and I first married we were going on one cruise per year. Once DD1 was born in 2009 we took a break until 2012 when we took her on DCL. We took another break, DD2 was born in 2015. We are going on AOS in July of this year. With kids it is a lot harder financially to go on a cruise. The other crux is that I am a school teacher so I can only travel during school vacations and the airfare is insane!

Retired with a very part time job, checking cattle.

3 cruises per year 9+ days each.

4-6 land based RV trips in US. Usually 1-2 weeks each. Dog travels with us, except on cruises of course.

Happy traveling no matter how often or not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I guess there is no chance of you going during calving season. I have learned to pull calves watching Dr. Pol. :)

I guess there is no chance of you going during calving season. I have learned to pull calves watching Dr. Pol. :)

Only run feeder cattle. Straightened out on grass May through October. Pulling calves in winter in not much fun.

Being Positive makes life better. Look for the Good not the Bad

We've been on 5 cruises in the last 7 years. I really enjoy cruises, but my hubby says he wants to take other land vacations too. I'm told him I'd be content when we retire if we could take 2 vacations a year with one being a cruise and the other being a land vacation.

How many cruises do you typically take a year and are you working or retired?

Thanks

I've been taking 1-2 cruises per year for awhile and just retired in October and its still1-2. LOL

Since I retired a few years ago we managed 1 X year. prior to that it was about every 2 to 3 years. Since we cruised longer days, I booked different locations and didn't repeat ships except the one time for 2015 & 2017. We have sailed on the Radiance the most but again different itineraries. ( 2008, # 3 in 2014 )

2 cruises per year. And maybe cutting that down to 1. I love cruising, but you miss out on so many other great experiences if you aren't doing land based vacations, too. Even going to a resort in the Bahamas is awesome and we enjoyed almost more than cruising. Camping, visiting new cities, etc.

We mix it up:

5-6 cruises in the winter.

The motorhome takes us to:

Maine in the summer.

Florida Keys in the fall.

Florida Panhandle in the spring.

Fly to the west for land based wine vacations where we can fit them. ;)

Working and we try to get in one per year. Did one cruise in 2013 and 2014, then had our first child and waited until he was one year old to cruise again. The three of us went on cruises in 2016 and 2017, had one booked for this year but now child #2 is coming in June so that's off! Looking at fall 2019 for our next trip. It might be harder financially once we have school age kids (being able to travel during "off" months is nice) but we will cross that bridge once we get there!

Working and we try to get in one per year. Did one cruise in 2013 and 2014, then had our first child and waited until he was one year old to cruise again. The three of us went on cruises in 2016 and 2017, had one booked for this year but now child #2 is coming in June so that's off! Looking at fall 2019 for our next trip. It might be harder financially once we have school age kids (being able to travel during "off" months is nice) but we will cross that bridge once we get there!

As Dr. Laura says "happy pushing!" Never had kids so cannot imagine what it is like.

Working. Florida ports are local.

When a ship we like* is in Port Canaveral for shorties we do 5-7 cruises a year.

When a ship we don't like** is in Port Canaveral for shorties we do 2-3 a year. Usually 2 full week RC cruises and maybe 1 Disney cruise.

*Enchantment or sooooon Mariner YES YES YES YES

**Monarch or Majesty NO WAY

Working. We have 3 kids and usually take one cruise a year. We did 2 cruises in 2016. For now, our schools start after Labor Day and we have found the last week of August to be cheaper than the rest of the summer. We have also paid more to cruise over Spring Break.

Working. We have 3 kids and usually take one cruise a year. We did 2 cruises in 2016. For now, our schools start after Labor Day and we have found the last week of August to be cheaper than the rest of the summer. We have also paid more to cruise over Spring Break.
Funny you mention these two times as these are the very cruises we currently have booked (but not sure we'll keep the August one due to worry of weather).

So normally we cruise every 3 years (family of 4) with a land vacation inbetween but counting we cruises in 2016, and have 2018 and 2019 booked.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
We did and will be doing,16 each year from 2016 to Jan 1 2019.

We are retired and on a "quest" for "pineapple" ( will make it on the Presidents cruise Sept 29, 2018)

After that we will slow up a bit (I think)

I know this thread is a couple of months old. Wondering if you would be willing to be contacted. I am intrigued about your post. (I am not trying to solicit or sell anything.) If you are willing to talk to me i’d be glad to provide my email. Thx

I've been fighting for at least two vacations a year. I've found that two a year, one in Spring, one in Fall is a good minimum for me. The weather is great, there is a low amount of kids, and it costs almost as one Summer vacation. Summer vacation is no longer a thing for me. I can already find lots of fun stuff to do in the summer where I live.

Last year was the first year I tried cruising. I did some hybrid land/sea vacations. The first was 2 nights in Miami then a 4 day cruise. The next one was pretty crazy with 4 days in Orlando, doing to Disney, Universal, Sea World, and Aquatica then a 4 day cruise. This year, it seems to be more cruise heavy, but I still enjoy the day or so at a land-based resort. Next year, there is a good chance I might do a week-long AI somewhere. Still plan on fitting in a cruise, or two.

I would actually go more, but it is tough for everyone to get as much time off. I don't need all of the thrills of high-end dining, balconies, etc. I shudder when I see people who need that stuff, but only go on vacation once a year, or less. To each their own, I suppose.

Working, going on my third for the past year next month. My job gives me a lot of vacation time and flexibility on scheduling, and lucrative incentives for picking up extra hours. Work hard, cruise harder.

The hard part for me is that my spouse does not have a similar type job so his ability to cruise is more limited. Fortunately my adult kids and other family members like cruising too. He's a good guy and tells me to go and have fun. Definitely going to plan something extra nice the next time we can go together.