How Many Cruises Do You Normally Take Per Year for Those Working & Retired

It depends on the year! Last year I did 3, 2 short ones with my boyfriend and one 7 day with my dad (he took me as a birthday treat!). This year we are only doing one, but it's a 7 day in a suite on allure of the seas for my 30th birthday. Next year we'll probably do one short one on Indy again... family planning have to save!

I am retired and Dh is still working. Living in FL it is so easy to do a short cruise, so we take at least two cruises a year. In 2017, I took two with Dh, Oasis with my mom and Majesty with my next door neighbor. I hate to say it, but 4 was a little much even for me!😳

The most I have taken in a year is 5 and that was to get to D+ before they changed the C & A status rules to nights instead of cruises.

Ohh I often wonder why so many people consider such a value in the P badge, I really hope that you take as many cruises as you can enjoy, simply for the reason of living life.. Getting to the Pinnacle status is nice yes, but not life changing and the additional benefit are minimal ( it was never intended to be benefit driven ).

I think it is a real credit to Royal that so many people have enjoyed the product enough times to achieve 700 points, but the P numbers are growing and many cruise have many P members on board.

Of course some wear their Name Badge occasionally whilst other will wear it on swim wear or when in port, each to their own I say, i respect everyone’s choice as it has been well earned. We however choose not to wear our badge on board and find that we still receive the service that we enjoyed from day one, that encouraged us to take cruise 2 and so on.

I have achieved various things in my short life, the ability to cruise often is one of them, being Pinnacle is a recognition offered to us by Royal, we appreciate it but it si only a status reflective on a small part of my life, it is only what i am when on a Royal ship, not who I am as a human, I will not be putting it on my gravestone,

I wish you well with your quest, but as regular cruiser you will know that on board a Quest is a silly game show that has a short lived amount of pleasure. I hope you continue to cruise as long as your health allows but stating that you will slow up a bit after reaching your goal might indicate to some that you know there are alternatives in life.

And despite what others might write here on CC, you will find the cruisers that get to P are in general a great bunch, but you already know that because as a high point cruiser you have sailed with many over the years and are probably friends with many. Those of us that have been lucky enough to be able to retire should enjoy every moment, I hope you do.

We did and will be doing,16 each year from 2016 to Jan 1 2019.

We are retired and on a "quest" for "pineapple" ( will make it on the Presidents cruise Sept 29, 2018)

After that we will slow up a bit (I think)

We won't be retiring for 4654 days (not that I'm counting ;)). We try to take one cruise a year.

However, we also want to see more of the US... So, every year I'm a little torn about where we should go, but then we always end up choosing the cruise! We could probably afford 2 vacations a year, but DH doesn't get a ton of vacation, we spend a lot of time and $$ at the cabin almost every summer weekend, I like to take a mini trip to visit my bestie out on the west coast each year (I get tons of vacation), and we like to make our one big vacation "fancy"... #firstworldproblems

We however choose not to wear our badge on board and find that we still receive the service that we enjoyed from day one, that encouraged us to take cruise 2 and so on.

//quote]

Have to disagree here. "Ps" absolutely get better service, at least on all the RCCL sailings we've been on. On the Oasis now for two weeks and in Coastal Kitchen it takes forever for us to get water and have our orders taken. Someone walks in with that shiny gold bar and the wait staff can't do enough for them - and immediately. Most times a "P" has finished his meal before we get served. DH had to go refill his coffee cup this morning because our waiter never returned after bringing our breakfast while the "Ps" were visited over and over. Just one example. So everyone is not treated the same. Hopefully we will experience some of that gold bar service in a couple months.

Every other year on average. The in between year we taka land based vacation a couple of times during the year to visit family in different parts of the country and sometimes go to a land based resort for a few days. :cool:

We are both in our late 20's and are fortunate enough to have good jobs. We took our first cruise late 2016 and have 2 more booked; one for later this year and one for late 2019.

However, we do take many land trips per year. Most are within around 4 hours driving distance (thankfully Maine is close!).

We have sailed the Oasis 18 times in a suite since they opened the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge. Along with 6 on the Allure and 1 on the Harmony. Without exception we have always received outstanding service. Since we have turned Pinnacle have sailed twice in a Suite on the Oasis.

Even though we have not received our Pinnacle Pins, the service receive could not be any better. We plan to wear our Pins only at private Pinnacle functions.

1-2 cruises a year, mostly one. We like land vacations too, so 1-2 of those each year as well. Hoping to cruise 2-3 times a year in retirement, with maybe 2 being back to back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are on that 2 a year cadence right now. We both work, and that is why we don’t more, the DW is a teacher and we can only really go when she has time off. I am always looking into getting an extra 3 day cruise or two a year though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Retired

Have been cruising since 2009

2009- 116 Days World Cruise on Queen Victoria

2012- 119 Days World Cruise on Queen Elizabeth

2013- 120 Days World Cruise on Queen Mary2

2014- 119 Days World Cruise on Queen Victoria

2014- 14 Days Alaska on Ooterdam

2015- 35 Days Northern Cape Explorer on Prinsendam

2016- Around The World in 180 Days on Insignia

2017- 67 Days Grand voyage on Prinsendam

Next cruise

2019- Around The World in 180 Days on Insignia

We met three couples in 2016 Around The World Cruise, one couple is from Vancouver, one couple is from Bali, and other is from DC. Since then we have been like a family. Last year we went Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau and China. We came home for one day to repacked, then we went all over France, then we met the King of Indonesia in Belgium. Came home for three days then we met in Las Vegas, came home for two days then we met in Vancouver. Then went to Seattle.

We have met in Las Vegas a dozen time since the cruise. But because one couple lives in Bali we have decided to meet in Las Vegas a few times a year and in Hong Kong a few times a year. We are meeting them in Hong Kong on the 7th next month. From there we will fly to Sai Gon to spend a month going from South to North.

We have agreed that each year one couple will choose to travel anywhere in the world and other couples have to go. This year a couple choose to go to Nepal, so we have booked to spend a month in India and Nepal from October 11Th to November 17th.

Happy cruising

M

Sent from my iPad using Forums