Diamond Plus BOGO?

I am going to make Diamond Plus after my next cruise - woo hoo! My first cruise as Diamond Plus is Symphony in April. I just purchased the BOGO dining option today and was just reading on here that Diamond Plus get a BOGO coupon for speciality dining. Can anyone provide me any information as it sounds like I should cancel my purchase.

Also, anything else I should know about Diamond Plus - let me know! I believe D+ has access to the Concierge lounge - but on Symphony I see no such space. Would it be the same as the suite lounge?

I am going to make Diamond Plus after my next cruise - woo hoo! My first cruise as Diamond Plus is Symphony in April. I just purchased the BOGO dining option today and was just reading on here that Diamond Plus get a BOGO coupon for speciality dining. Can anyone provide me any information as it sounds like I should cancel my purchase.

Also, anything else I should know about Diamond Plus - let me know! I believe D+ has access to the Concierge lounge - but on Symphony I see no such space. Would it be the same as the suite lounge?

On Symphony there is no CL lounge. You do not get access to the Suite lounge. You do get access to the DL.

Thanks everyone. I am thinking I might be better off with my purchased BOGO as that was $44. Chops and Wonderland are both over $53 so I am thinking I save more with that than the D+ BOGO.

I do plan to use one night for Hooked which is cheaper - but want to try it since it is brand new...

Thanks everyone. I am thinking I might be better off with my purchased BOGO as that was $44. Chops and Wonderland are both over $53 so I am thinking I save more with that than the D+ BOGO.

I do plan to use one night for Hooked which is cheaper - but want to try it since it is brand new...

When you say BOGO, are you referring to First Night Done Right? I don't think Chops or Wonderland qualify for that price.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

When you say BOGO, are you referring to First Night Done Right? I don't think Chops or Wonderland qualify for that price.

It is not called "first night done right" - it is actually called Bogo Dining Package 2 night. I had it on Anthem and was able to go to Chops and Wonderland. So was hoping Symphony would be the same.

Edited by LisaAtlCruiser
fix font

D+ buy one get one is different than the cruise planner one. The D+ one is for buy one get a second person free so it will come out to 50% off for two people (since done onboard it will be discounted of the cost if booked onboard not the discounted price in the cruise planner). It is typically used on the first night but if you want to use your spouses also they will let you use it the second night.

The cruise planner one is pay for one restaurant get a second one free the next night for the same person (so everyone in your party purchases it). Sometimes the cruise planner one comes out cheaper sometimes not.

So if you do the BOGO through the cruise planner for $44 that will be $22 per person for each night. But if you do the D+ BOGO for Chops or Wonderland @ $53 you will pay $26.50 per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do D+ BOGO... and I prepurchase one dining via the cruise planner on line at the discounted rate, if there is one, and turn up at the restaurant with my free guest. I do swing past the restaurant first telling them there will be 2 of us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have used both "First Night Done Right" & the "BOGO" through the cruise planner ($30 for 2 restaurants) for Chops. Although on our next sailing they have raised the price for the BOGO to $40. Upon boarding you can go to any restaurant and change the reservation they gave you to what you want.

I do D+ BOGO... and I prepurchase one dining via the cruise planner on line at the discounted rate, if there is one, and turn up at the restaurant with my free guest. I do swing past the restaurant first telling them there will be 2 of us!

Pretty smart, have you ever done this for the 2nd night as well, to use 2 D+ BOGO discounts?

I have done it both ways. Just show up with the 2 of us and also I have gone and told them there will be 2 coming.

However, on the Oasis I did the same thing you did and purchased one dinner at the discounted rate and when we got there they would NOT honor the discounted rate. They gave us credit and charged the full amount for the second person

I have done it both ways. Just show up with the 2 of us and also I have gone and told them there will be 2 coming.

However, on the Oasis I did the same thing you did and purchased one dinner at the discounted rate and when we got there they would NOT honor the discounted rate. They gave us credit and charged the full amount for the second person

I am not understanding this. What discounted rate did you book?

I am not understanding this. What discounted rate did you book?

They had one of these sales so I made a reservation for 1 and purchased 1 dinner at Giovannis for $21. When we went there (2 of us) to use the BOGO the manager said we had to pay full price for the first meal so they credited me the $21 and charged the full $30 for the 1 dinner used the BOGO for the second one

They had one of these sales so I made a reservation for 1 and purchased 1 dinner at Giovannis for $21. When we went there (2 of us) to use the BOGO the manager said we had to pay full price for the first meal so they credited me the $21 and charged the full $30 for the 1 dinner used the BOGO for the second one

Ok thanks.

They were pretty clear with us on Brilliance that if we are using Diamond plus bogo that we should ONLY do it once onboard! Both ways I did it beforehand caused seemingly endless problems for them, finally gave up on trying to fix it on Brilliance so they got an extra $35 from us, never again!

can use second free day at any time.

They may have allowed you to do this but it is not in the BOGO rules. They specifically say "two specialty restaurants for the first two nights of your cruise" in the overview and then state for a second time in the tips section "This offer requires dining on Days 1 and 2".

They may have allowed you to do this but it is not in the BOGO rules. They specifically say "two specialty restaurants for the first two nights of your cruise" in the overview and then state for a second time in the tips section "This offer requires dining on Days 1 and 2".

I think we are all talking about two different subjects. One discussion is around the BOGO that is purchased. The other is around the D+ BOGO. Each of these seem to have different rules.

I think we are all talking about two different subjects. One discussion is around the BOGO that is purchased. The other is around the D+ BOGO. Each of these seem to have different rules.

Both same rules clearly defined....both only to be used nights #1 and #2. There have been past reports here on CC perhaps a couple years ago that some were able to reserve a night past #2 but no one has reported that for a very long time. I’ve tried sevetal times wth both my D+ Benefit and the BOGO purchase and all times refused.

Btw, you mentioned the D+ benefit may be useless to you in a previous post... that may also be correct. My last two sailings the specialty cost was cheaper on the cruise planner pre cruise than when I showed up on board. This also was reported by little Britain who has posted on this thread ... so by using D+ BOGO on board, they charge you the on board higher price. For my last two sailings, purchasing the 2 night BOGO on the cruise planner, that even a first time cruiser can purchase, was better value than my d+ BOGO.... so yes, that d+ benefit may be useless to all of us D+’s posting on this thread and many don’t even know it 😡