Non elite passengers

astrocat

Can non elite passengers in the same cabin (in this case a suite) attend Captains Club elite drinks / events?

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked and answered previously, but in some haste .. :-)

Suite guests are usually given elite status as part of the suite.

We were on our first ever cruise :)

I would hope the answer is NO. Each time I have been to an elite party or event there is someone outside checking your seapass card to verify that you are elite. That is because once inside everything is free and you must be elite to participate.

Suite guests are usually given elite status as part of the suite. We were on our first ever cruise :)

To the best of my knowledge the practice to which you refer was at the discretion of the Hotel Director [as Don noted] and then--if extended--was limited to guests occupying only the top-most suites... It is my understanding that the practice has been discontinued since Michael's Club was repurposed as a lounge for Suite and Captain's Club Zenith guests [expanded to include Sky Suite guests starting in December 2015] and the Go Big/Go Better/Go Best pricing model has been implemented for most cruises [suite guests are generally provided with all four perks]...

Edited by Xport

The "fleetwide" answer is YES...ANYONE(one caveat being age limits) staying in the same room as an elite passenger can attend the "elite" events!!

It is not a ship by ship decision.

They don't (usually) get the other benefits like internet minutes or free gelato.

The "fleetwide" answer is YES...ANYONE(one caveat being age limits) staying in the same room as an elite passenger can attend the "elite" events!!

It is not a ship by ship decision.

They don't (usually) get the other benefits like internet minutes or free gelato.

My comment about ship by ship decision did not refer to the party, it referred to a previous comment that those not elites receive elite benefits. That is a ship by ship decision, attending the party is a fleetwide decision as you said.

They may attend Elite events but do not get the other benefits.

If there are drink coupons they will not receive them. They can attend with you in the Elite Lounge HH and receive complimentary drinks if there aren’t any coupons issued. If coupons are issued both of you will be required to surrender a coupon or pay for any drinks even if in the lounge.

They can attend the morning brunch and get all of those benefits.

They will not get the internet minutes, laundry and etc.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Can non elite passengers in the same cabin (in this case a suite) attend Captains Club elite drinks / events?

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked and answered previously, but in some haste .. :-)

I travelled on B2B Cruises last Nov with my Elite sister, I went to all the Elite breakfast and drinks with her on the 1st cruise. On the 2nd cruise, the CC hostess gave me an Elite access card so I can enter the venues without physically being with my sister.

To the best of my knowledge the practice to which you refer was at the discretion of the Hotel Director [as Don noted] and then--if extended--was limited to guests occupying only the top-most suites... It is my understanding that the practice has been discontinued since Michael's Club was repurposed as a lounge for Suite and Captain's Club Zenith guests [expanded to include Sky Suite guests starting in December 2015] and the Go Big/Go Better/Go Best pricing model has been implemented for most cruises [suite guests are generally provided with all four perks]...
Appreciate it is probably ship by ship and CS and above. But for our first 3 cruises on Equinox, Reflection and Connie when we were preview, classic and select we received all the benefits of Elite.

These sailings were all post the introduction of Michael's as an exclusive lounge and I have to agree that MC is far preferable to the Elite happy hour. The new MC tea surpasses elegant tea aswell IMHO

547db81c1440c2a65746a4fba2db92b4.jpg

I would hope the answer is NO. Each time I have been to an elite party or event there is someone outside checking your seapass card to verify that you are elite. That is because once inside everything is free and you must be elite to participate.

The answer is YES. I hold Elite+ status and have cruised with family members who did not hold this status but were booked in the same cabin with me. The cards for both individuals staying in the same cabin read Elite+. However, I was the only one to receive the coupons (either sheet or uploaded on card). Our passcards were checked at the entry each time we attended a CC event.

The answer is YES. I hold Elite+ status and have cruised with family members who did not hold this status but were booked in the same cabin with me. The cards for both individuals staying in the same cabin read Elite+. However, I was the only one to receive the coupons (either sheet or uploaded on card). Our passcards were checked at the entry each time we attended a CC event.

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far . Very useful. We are Elite but may have a non Elite pax next cruise. I would particularly love for them to be able to come to the Elite early evening drinks . Also Michaels Club of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate it is probably ship by ship and CS and above. But for our first 3 cruises on Equinox, Reflection and Connie when we were preview, classic and select we received all the benefits of Elite.

These sailings were all post the introduction of Michael's as an exclusive lounge and I have to agree that MC is far preferable to the Elite happy hour. The new MC tea surpasses elegant tea aswell IMHO

547db81c1440c2a65746a4fba2db92b4.jpg

Great photo!

Thank you everyone for the feedback so far . Very useful. We are Elite but may have a non Elite pax next cruise. I would particularly love for them to be able to come to the Elite early evening drinks . Also Michaels Club of course!

Only passengers booked in the suite will have access to Michael's. In order to access the Elite cocktail party the non-elite status guest needs to be booked in the same cabin with an Elite level passenger. This means it makes a difference with who is listed on the official booking for each cabin if you have multiple cabins in your group.

Only passengers booked in the suite will have access to Michael's. In order to access the Elite cocktail party the non-elite status guest needs to be booked in the same cabin with an Elite level passenger. This means it makes a difference with who is listed on the official booking for each cabin if you have multiple cabins in your group.

Reference OP’s post.