Celebrity app ????

cruisestitch

By chance does anyone know if it will be available for the Eclipse for this April? Or who I could contact that may have the answer?

Only two ships so far, not including the Eclipse. More to come, but no schedule that I've seen. Maybe a call to the Captain's Club?

It crashes on my IPhone but works fine on my IPad :rolleyes:

I tried, failed to find an iPad version. Downloaded the iPhone version, looked at some of the Summit info.

Could be useful, but needs on-board review & editing. What I noticed is that the Dining tab gets you to MDR info. Info on early and late seating times. Good. No info about Select dining, no online reservation option. Oh well. Fixed dining shown as deck 4 but on any recent cruise the Select crowd has been large enough that they have taken over deck 4 and the smaller number of fixed diners are relegated to deck 5.

On our Silhouette TA in fall, 2016, day to day the speakers and talent didn’t know when/where their gig would be. Hard to imagine that Entertainment schedules could accurately be pre-loaded from Miami. Again, to work properly this will need much on-board involvement. I am cautiously hopeful...

Stan

I would have a problem trying the app since my web experience is so horrible and I would not trust an app. Then calls to get any assistance fall on deaf ears and repeated e-mails go unanswered. I hope that our on board experience makes up for the shore operations shortfalls!

The same company full of Gremlins

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

We recently sailed Equinox and thought it was great that it was included in the App. In reality, Celebrity IT department strikes again. Not user friendly. Often components were not working at all. Difficult to find what we really wanted to find. For example, let's say you are sitting at the Martini Bar and want to find out if there is music in Ensemble. Good luck. I don't think we ever figured that one out (if it was even available). Want to take a quick glance at your port time the next day? Nope, not there. Want to see who the guest entertainers are in the main theater? Good luck - sometimes it works and sometimes you get an error message. When it does 'work' you have to scroll through a whole list of shows/entertainers that perform there. It won't tell you what/who is performing what night - just that they are performing sometime that cruise. Want to find out the hours for Blu the next morning (which vary) - nope, not there. I could go on but I blocked it from my mind :-)

Perhaps they are still fixing it. But while I love the concept we found it mostly a waste.

We recently sailed Equinox and thought it was great that it was included in the App. In reality, Celebrity IT department strikes again. Not user friendly. Often components were not working at all. Difficult to find what we really wanted to find. For example, let's say you are sitting at the Martini Bar and want to find out if there is music in Ensemble. Good luck. I don't think we ever figured that one out (if it was even available). Want to take a quick glance at your port time the next day? Nope, not there. Want to see who the guest entertainers are in the main theater? Good luck - sometimes it works and sometimes you get an error message. When it does 'work' you have to scroll through a whole list of shows/entertainers that perform there. It won't tell you what/who is performing what night - just that they are performing sometime that cruise. Want to find out the hours for Blu the next morning (which vary) - nope, not there. I could go on but I blocked it from my mind :-)

Perhaps they are still fixing it. But while I love the concept we found it mostly a waste.

Keep in mind that the hour-by-hour day-to-day schedule is dynamic. Stuff happens, things change. Presenters often don’t know until 24 hours ahead, if then, when and where they will be the next day. In that context, it will be a minor miracle if the app is fed enough uptodate info to be current with anything but Art Auctions. A great idea, but the Cruise Director and Activities Coordinator will need a very good site manager to make this work.

although hoped to be a time saver...seems more complicated than what is needed...The performance list, bar and restaurant hrs and events are nicely summarized in the pull out page from the daily. No trouble to fold in my pocket,...after marking it up with a yellow highlighter.,. Lightweight and easy to access! Old school but reliable!

That they can't even get this basic technology right makes me nervous about my up coming Edge cruises. I hope the people who are involved in the present IT ventures will stay far away from the Edge technology development!

Here is what they plan to have on the Edge per the FAQs sheet:

"At its Celebrity Edge reveal event, the company demonstrated a prototype of frictionless arrival, which aims to eliminate the stop-and-go check-in process that frustrates most modern travelers, and replace it with a seamless, streamlined experience. By harnessing facial recognition software and a system of

geofenced beacons, guests get aboard faster so they can begin their vacations sooner.

While keyless entry technology is not new to the company, recent innovations allow a cruise industry first–keyless entry with the use of a digital key on a smart phone.

The implementation of stateroom automation on Celebrity Edge, another cruise industry first, allows guests to precisely adjust nearly every comfort feature in their stateroom – everything from lighting, to window shades, temperature, and service with a simple touchscreen. Guests can even choose a setting that will tuck them in and gently wake them in the morning; it’s world-class service at the touch of a button.

A new Virtual Concierge app will harness Artificial Intelligence, allowing guests to order drinks, book dinner reservations, or reserve shore excursions. Using sensors built into smart phones, precise way-finding capabilities will be built in to the app to provide mapping services based on guests’ location.

X-Ray Vision is no longer only achieved in sci-fi films, it’s a reality. Using a system of high definition cameras and a peer-to-peer network with no latency for video transmission triggered by icons, guests will be able to peek behind walls and closed doors of some of the selected locales onboard, such as the bridge, the engine room, or even the anchor.

These innovations showcase where the company is, as a corporation, at for a moment in time. Digital technology and consumer expectation of technology continues to evolve at such a rapid pace that what guests experience."

I am very excited to try this new technology, but when I am onboard in 8 months, will the system mess up and the shades go up in the cabin at an inopportune time, will the drinks I order by the Virtual Concierge go someone else (!) or will I follow the GPS way-finder right off the side of the ship ;)? I am very interested in this feature: "Guests can even choose a setting that will tuck them in and gently wake them in the morning; it’s world-class service at the touch of a button." This is a bit creepy, but I've got to try that! :D

I really am hopeful that they will have a good team working on this and look forward to trying all, or at least most, of these features onboard. Sorry I took the thread off course for a minute, but the issues that they are having with a basic app got me thinking.

I'm am friendly with a member of the ship IT staff and he cave me the info. It is slowly being rolled out across the fleet, but requires a number of updates to ships. Some of those updates require a trip to the drydock. It will be a couple of years before they all have it

It is supposed to give you menus, allow you to make reservations, and take the place of the daily schedule when fully implemented. Edge should roll out with it.

It will not require an Internet package to use, since it is onboard network only -no communication off ship.

Yes, there are still bugs. Keeping fingers crossed they get it fixed.

As someone said, Reflection is now added, which is good as we're sailing in May. However, it only has info on the current plus its next cruise. Looks like it might be useful.

Has sections on Activities, dining, Entertainment, Shops, Excursions, Spa, Fitness and Services.

I think it's designed to help you get around the ship and get an idea of what activities are available. It also shows the menus for some of the specialty dining restaurants.

It doesn't seem set up to allow you to make reservations for dining or the spa, however. Baby steps.....

As someone said, Reflection is now added, which is good as we're sailing in May. However, it only has info on the current plus its next cruise. Looks like it might be useful.

Has sections on Activities, dining, Entertainment, Shops, Excursions, Spa, Fitness and Services.

I think it's designed to help you get around the ship and get an idea of what activities are available. It also shows the menus for some of the specialty dining restaurants.

It doesn't seem set up to allow you to make reservations for dining or the spa, however. Baby steps.....

I was going to down load this app for a cruise booked for end of this yr. But the reviews from google store were so bad.. (not avail fleetwide, had to b onboard to use,weak signal .)

Shame since other lines have great apps..carnival & Disney.

I'll wait and ck back in 6 mths.. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app

Sounds similar to the Princess version.

By the end of our 14 days on Crown Princess I was using the app instead of the ‘Daily’ as I found it more convenient. We still had the daily programme delivered to our cabin every evening though, but it meant I didn’t have to carry it around with me.