Top 3 things that you hate about a cruise?

Lydia B.

1. Gotta agree about the coffee - even *I* can make a decent cup of coffee and I can poison people with my cooking! It’s just not that hard (and almond milk along with creamer would be nice too...)

2. People who get upset with waiting at Guest Services and berate the staff. Let’s face it, it’s a ship - there just aren’t that many places you HAVE to be! And if you do, why not try a little later when people are eating...or really late when they’re sleeping? It isn’t the fault of the staff - they’re trying!

3. Rushing into the elevators running over the people trying to get out.

4. No one lets me bring the Room Steward home. Sigh.

(Sorry - that was more than three!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

what i dislike about cruises

1. The conspicuous waste of my fellow cruisers. I know that for someone who loves cruising as much as i do, this may be counter intuitive, but we are taking a first world vacation and sharing a space with 3rd world employees. Please don't fill a plate with food and leave it on a table uneaten.

2. The short length of my stay. Even 7 days flies by so fast.

3. The increasing non all inclusive nature of a cruise.

ftfy

Marsh, you are absolutely right....the last cruise i was on i was with a bunch of smokers (ex smoker here, so it doesnt bother me) and there was a group of adults with kids walking by. One of the women in the group starts yelling to the kids "Smokers, Smokers, hurry, hurry, hold your breath" waving her arms and putting a towel over her face, basically being over dramatic about the whole thing. Yet they walked right thru the middle of the smokers as opposed to walking around. I am laughing, shaking my head thinking "seriously"? OK, you dont like smoke, cool....why the need for the way over the top dramatics about it :rolleyes:

They seem to think that one sniff of smoke will cause them to die of cancer tomorrow.

NO concept of risk, risk assessment, or dose.

And probably also use one of those aroma plug in things in their house. Hmm, WHAT are you breathing???

But they only lost because nobody else knows how to play! :')

Except the data shows, it doesn't matter how the other players play. They cause you to win a hand instead of losing just as much as they cause you to lose a hand you would have won. You just remember the losses.

1.) Lines - the worst part for me. The punchliner is probably the worst line or you risk not getting a seat. Sometimes the food lines can get out of hand too, we waited over a half hour to get to the Mongolian Wok each time last cruise. I've also been in a few brutal lines to board/get off the ship. I'm not a big complainer on vacation, but if I had one wish, it would be less time standing in lines.

2.) Rude People - Surprisingly, this wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. There's always going to be a few jerks everywhere, whether you're on a a cruise or not. I've also gone in the off seasons where there is less kids, so I haven't experienced that either.

3.) Limited hours for certain food options - Maybe I'm weird, but the Burger and Taco bars were my favorite foods on the ship. I enjoy the MDR as well, and have no qualms about that. Sometimes it can be tough to get to the burgers and tacos, especially on a port day. Sometimes it's either I don't have time to get it, or I cut my shore time.

The conspicuous consumption of my fellow cruisers. I know that for someone who loves cruising as much as I do, this may be counter intuitive, but we are taking a first world vacation and sharing a space with 3rd world employees. Please don't fill a plate with food and leave it on a table uneaten.

This. After my first cruise it made me reconsider ever cruising again. I'm trying it once more (in Europe in the hope that the waste will be a bit less - yes I'm a little naïve)

Last week on the Reflection I was near 4 prime loungers marked with either an apple or a banana. For 3 hours no one ever came to claim. Pool butlers walked numerous times with nary a glance at the forgotten fruit laden lounge chairs.

I saw a great response to this on another thread.

After waiting an hour, a person sat down on one of the 'reserved' chairs. When the person came back another hour later and complained, that person said "Gee I guess you haven't been here for a long time because I just got this chair from someone else sitting here."

1. People who talk loudly in the corridors early in the AM or late in the PM ... like don't they think someone else might be sleeping?

2. The 'sell' after a spa treatment ... which is why I don't go to the spa anymore

3. The waste of paper with daily sales and deals.

2. People that overload their plates at the Lido buffet then only eat 1/3 of it. Wasteful!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Bathing suits that shouldn’t be worn by the human body

1. People looking over my shoulder and starring at what I put on my plate in the buffet line.

2. People starring at what I choose to wear on the Lido deck.

3. Rude people who cannot mind their own business, period.

And Muster Drill always sucks.

For me it’s how much the cruise costs without alcohol included. I feel

like for what you get, a ship like freedom for an interior room should be like 800 with beer and wine included. Maybe someday?

That’s the only thing i could say that I don’t like about a cruise...it’s pretty close to perfect!

Also, disembarkation(leaving)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Rude and inconsiderate adults that don't remove their balling, screaming kids from the public areas
  • Rude and inconsiderate adults that allow their kids to run and jump in the hallways no matter the time of day or night. Oh yeah they're probably the same adults that use their outside voices while walking down the hallways in the evening
  • Door slammers

• Rude and inconsiderate adults that don't remove their balling, screaming kids from the public areas
  • Rude and inconsiderate adults that allow their kids to run and jump in the hallways no matter the time of day or night. Oh yeah they're probably the same adults that use their outside voices while walking down the hallways in the evening
  • Door slammers

Correction...bawling not balling...:o

1. The sheer rudeness of some people. Now, I don't know if this is how they normally behave or that they save it just for us cruise folks. Between the guy who barges into the omelette line or the woman on the scooter who seems oblivious to those telling her to watch out as she runs over toes (and it seemed intentional), or perhaps those little angels who decide the elevator is a great place to leave their uneaten food or drink. Don't even get me started how you can get to the theater on time only to have people walk in late and crowd around you do that you can't see the show.

2. People who think cruise rules are really for "other" people and that their smoking on the balcony is no big deal.

3. Watching people treat the staff like garbage. I saw some gal on the Vista eat half a banana and decided she was done. Instead of throwing away in a trash can a few feet from her, she literally shoved it in some poor worker's hands (who looked busy anyway) and told her "take care of this will you."

Edited by Keys2Heaven

For me it’s how much the cruise costs without alcohol included. I feel

like for what you get, a ship like freedom for an interior room should be like 800 with beer and wine included. Maybe someday?

That’s the only thing i could say that I don’t like about a cruise...it’s pretty close to perfect!

Also, disembarkation(leaving)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why just beer and wine? Why not top shelf liquors - and how about a more affordable $500 - for a week?

Or were you talking about 800 per day for an inside with just beer and wine?