Celebrity Equinox Corner Aft Sky Suite Review

AroundTheWorld1

Prior to booking I found very little information and photos on S1 sky suites on Celebrity Equinox, so while on board earlier this month I made a point of taking several photos and I have written a review of our cruise. Just published on Cruise Critic reviews.....take a look. Also if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=606240

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I thought I posted yesterday about Equinox, but perhaps I didn't. Can anyone tell me why there are no S1 suites in the middle of the ship? Is there any "special" reason?

The S1 category is specifically a corner aft suite...difference being size of the veranda due to the corner as well as an addition of a side porthole window. All other amenities are the same. You will find S2 sky suites on Deck 12 not mid ship but slightly aft as well as several sunset locations. As far as why??? there are none mid ship I believe that can only be answered by the ship designers....a matter of logistics and design.....

Was Viktoria a lady with red curly hair. If so it could have been the lady who was our host a number of years ago in Blu. She was excellent then. I know she left the ships shortly after that.

Viktoria was just wonderful, I believe she is from the Ukraine, an attractive young lady with blondish/brown long hair she wore tied back. She was so kind to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The S1 category is specifically a corner aft suite...difference being size of the veranda due to the corner as well as an addition of a side porthole window. All other amenities are the same. You will find S2 sky suites on Deck 12 not mid ship but slightly aft as well as several sunset locations. As far as why??? there are none mid ship I believe that can only be answered by the ship designers....a matter of logistics and design.....

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm thinking it won't be detrimental at all. Have always tried to be in the middle, but we all need to try something new!

I thought I posted yesterday about Equinox, but perhaps I didn't. Can anyone tell me why there are no S1 suites in the middle of the ship? Is there any "special" reason?

Location, location, location....

We enjoyed the pictures from the OP, we had the same room but opposite on our cruise in September. The pictures you are seeing are the port side, we had the Starboard. Brought back some nice memories. The round window was nice, only thing bad was no shade on the deck.

Also if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=606240

Thanks for the review! We will be in our first Sky Suite in April, in an S2 on Equinox. Do you mind mentioning the butler's name, so we will know as soon as we meet him if we have the same one? Thanks either way.

Tom & Judy

Thanks, very descriptive photos of the sky suite, what I do not like is the post on the right side of the bed, that forces me to get up with the left foot.

Of course, the tip was given to the one who worked.

To some it is enough with what is distributed of automatic tips, such that they do not strive for something else.

Thanks for the review! We will be in our first Sky Suite in April, in an S2 on Equinox. Do you mind mentioning the butler's name, so we will know as soon as we meet him if we have the same one? Thanks either way.

Tom & Judy

Hi Tom and Judy, happy to write the review. The extra space was very nice and everything else about our sky suite stay was wonderful as well as the service in Luminae and Michaels. As I mentioned we were disappointed in the service from our butler, I didn’t include his name in the review or the ships survey as he wasn’t there for us but maybe someone else had a good experience with him. I do know for our longer October cruise I would ask for another if he (Milan) was appointed to us again.

Enjoy your April cruise!!

Jo Ann

When we were on deck 9, we also had a butler that must have been new. In addition, our room attendants, back when there were two, never could quite turn our bed down or clean our room. However, we befriended another room attendant and wrote a wonderful card about how warm and caring he was all of the time, not to mention, always working!

When staying on decks 11 and 12, our butlers have been excellent. We have deck 10 on Reflection and it will be interesting to see how our butler is on that particular deck. We have been on deck 12 on Reflection too...wonderful service! I guess if you do not have other suites or AQ close to you, the service drops down, but I need one more cruise to make that statement!

Thanks so very much for your review. I also wrote a review and posted photos on the thread about specific cabins etc... Glad that you enjoyed your cruise. If you have yet to do Europe, it is wonderful...full of history, beautiful buildings and...i could go on and on...

HI,

Read your review of Luminae and the aft Sky Suite . My grandson and I love the aft sky suites especially just standing on the Veranda and looking at the wake of the ship and the vast expanse of the ocean. Breathtaking!

Question: you mentioned "Kirk " in Luminae. Would he be also known as "Captain Kirk " ? He was our waiter in Luminae on the Equinox in the summer of 2016 and we are sailing on the Eclipse for the first time on March 31st. Hopefully its the same person and he is still there , he was wonderful and so accommodating and happy all the time.

Thanks

Great review. Thanks!

I do want to mention that booking a Sky Suite on deck 12 doesn’t guarantee you’ll have a great butler. Ours was meh. However, we’re willing to try a suite again. Hopefully we’ll both get great butlers next time:D

Hi and Thank you for the review

I have a couple of questions, we have not had a suite before but are considering a sky suite on our June Equinox cruise.

1. does the deck matter we are able to get a cabin on deck 6,7,8,9,10, or 12, is there a better place to be, do any of the verandas have shade or are they all full sun?

2. We have a C1 Aft cabin currently on this sailing deck 10, is the suite upgrade worth it. Its going to cost me approx $1200

3. What can we expect of a butler, what will they actually do for you, I wouldn't want to overstep but I would also like to get the most from the experience.

4 Anything else Pros or Cons to having a suite.

I thank anyone that has an opinion to offer I know alot of these questions are subjective but I look forward to hearing your comments

We have sailed on 10 cruises with four different cruise lines, this is our first time on Celebrity

Jeff

HI,

Read your review of Luminae and the aft Sky Suite . My grandson and I love the aft sky suites especially just standing on the Veranda and looking at the wake of the ship and the vast expanse of the ocean. Breathtaking!

Question: you mentioned "Kirk " in Luminae. Would he be also known as "Captain Kirk " ? He was our waiter in Luminae on the Equinox in the summer of 2016 and we are sailing on the Eclipse for the first time on March 31st. Hopefully its the same person and he is still there , he was wonderful and so accommodating and happy all the time.

Thanks

I agree we loved just sitting on the veranda looking out at the sea and watching the changes of the day.

Yes Kirk was “Captain Kirk” he was just wonderful, we are looking forward to seeing him again on our October Equinox cruise.

Hi and Thank you for the review

I have a couple of questions, we have not had a suite before but are considering a sky suite on our June Equinox cruise.

1. does the deck matter we are able to get a cabin on deck 6,7,8,9,10, or 12, is there a better place to be, do any of the verandas have shade or are they all full sun?

2. We have a C1 Aft cabin currently on this sailing deck 10, is the suite upgrade worth it. Its going to cost me approx $1200

3. What can we expect of a butler, what will they actually do for you, I wouldn't want to overstep but I would also like to get the most from the experience.

4 Anything else Pros or Cons to having a suite.

I thank anyone that has an opinion to offer I know alot of these questions are subjective but I look forward to hearing your comments

We have sailed on 10 cruises with four different cruise lines, this is our first time on Celebrity

Jeff

Jeff, Deck 12 will provide you with shade as it is protected by the overhang. The other decks are sun exposed. We were on deck 8, which I prefer as I personally enjoy spending afternoons in the sunshine relaxing. As for spending the money for the upgrade that’s hard for me to answer as it’s what’s important to you. I’ll share with you my thoughts as to why I chose the Sky S1..... I do enjoy a larger room and spending time on the veranda. Also having Luminae to dine in is a plus (I don’t visit buffets and I like the more intimate surroundings of Luminae vs the MDR) but I will say you can always purchase the dining package and visit the speciality restaurants for much less than $1200. Michaels Club is also very nice and if you don’t have a drink package there is no charge for cocktails, and especially stopping by to pick up bottled water to bring back to the cabin. As I mentioned in my review we did not have a good butler experience but I will handle things differently on our October cruise and be more outspoken about what I would like.

Celebrity is a great cruise line and I do think you will enjoy the Equinox in whatever cabin you sail in.

Jo Ann

Thanks so much for confirming that Captain Kirk will be in Luminae on March31 ( unless he is on vacation). what a treat that will be . He was our waiter on our Baltic Cruise in the summer of 2016.

Butlers- I agree its a hit or miss and depends on what you expect . For the last 6 Celebrity cruises we have been in sky suites . What I found helpful for the Butler and for us is to type out a short list of what you might want on your stay and give it to him or her the first day .

For example:

1. Remove contents of refrigerator

2. Exchange champagne for wine

3. Ice water , with lemon in afternoon

4. A list of breakfast items i want before going to breakfast or not going .so I know every morning i have coffee, juice etc without having to fill out the card .I put in the same time every day and like clockwork its delivered.

5. I ask for 2 dailies for every day .

I always fill out those cards at the guest relations desk during the cruise if i want to commend a staff person because they get perks like a call home and they are always appreciative .

Hope this was helpful.