St. Maarten Sunset Cruise and Rythems cancelled

RichL

I have had excursions cancelled. Sometimes the tour provider has issues which cause the cancellation, and sometimes it's an issue of timing of the excursion. On our last cruise one of our excursions was cancelled several months before the sail date. When I called, the tour operator had changed the time and since the time we booked was no longer available, they totally cancelled the excursions. There was another time slot available and they were able to re-book us, and since we'd booked the original excursion during a sale, they re-booked us at the sale price.

We sail on 2 March aboard Reflection and we were just notified that the catamaran sail we booked has been cancelled. I'm curious if anyone has experienced this?

Was this a ship tour or private vendor? If ship, it probably means ship is not going to St Maarten. There are two web sites that have the Reflection in St. Kitts & St. Thomas on the days scheduled for both trips in March.

Sent from my A576CC using Forums mobile app

Interesting. We're on that sailing. I am really hoping we go to St. Maarten. I love that island. I'd love to spread some US$ around to help the economy. Perhaps we're not staying overnight as planned, but going one day to each island? That would be good too. We may not know for sure until we get there. We hadn't planned any excursions there as we've been there many many times. We head out on our own.

We have never been fans of cruise line excursions. So had to look at your date (March 8) to see if there were other sunset cruises. And it turns out the Lambada Sunset Sail does operate that date (you can Google this) for $40 per person. Here is a link to their site:

https://www.stmaarten-activities.com/en/activity/35502/lambada-sunset-sail

There might be some others (we did not do a comprehensive search). Since your ship is overnighting and you do not have to be concerned with missing the ship, booking a private tour makes lots of sense.

Hank

Was this a ship tour or private vendor? If ship, it probably means ship is not going to St Maarten. There are two web sites that have the Reflection in St. Kitts & St. Thomas on the days scheduled for both trips in March.

Sent from my A576CC using Forums mobile app

This was booked through X. I hope there hasn't been an itinerary change. The overnight in St Maarten was a big part of booking this particular cruise.

We have never been fans of cruise line excursions. So had to look at your date (March 8) to see if there were other sunset cruises. And it turns out the Lambada Sunset Sail does operate that date (you can Google this) for $40 per person. Here is a link to their site:

https://www.stmaarten-activities.com/en/activity/35502/lambada-sunset-sail

There might be some others (we did not do a comprehensive search). Since your ship is overnighting and you do not have to be concerned with missing the ship, booking a private tour makes lots of sense.

Hank

I agree with you and we normally book our own tours, however, on this cruise we have a $300.00 OBC to burn.

I have also looked at a couple of those port websites and it does show we aren't going to be in St. Maarten at all, that we're to port in St. Kitts and St. Thomas instead.

Which would definitely explain a cancellation of an excursion, whether ship's or independent. FYI we always do independent.

This was booked through X. I hope there hasn't been an itinerary change. The overnight in St Maarten was a big part of booking this particular cruise.

Celebrity returned this month to St Maarten, today Eclipse is docked at Philipsburg. Your X shorex maybe was cancelled because operator it's not ready, We also booked with X beach day at Orient Beach for our Eclipse cruise march 18, they switched us to Kim Sha Beach on the Dutch side.

Random Wind was a very popular single hulled sailboat offering day trips and I believe sunset sails on request.

The boat was destroyed in the hurricane, but I recently heard from owner Diane that she has bought a large catamaran and will soon be offering trips again.

https://randomwind.com/

The website still shows the old boat in pix, but you can contact her there and ask about updated availability on the new boat (also pictured) and if she will be doing a sunset sail.

First class service and fun. I've sailed with them many times, and already have a reservation on the new boat for a trip next year.

Also, have you checked the St Maarten port of call board? That would be a better place for information

We will be on Anthem of the Seas end of Feb. and wI'll be in St. Maarten on Mar. 1. Our steel pan workshop RC shore excursion was canceled by RC but the other excursions are still available and we still seem to be going there. Assume our vendor was damaged in the hurricane and perhaps same for yours.