The moment you’ve been waiting for is here — the WOW Sale is back

BillOh

That is the subject of today's email. Sorry, I have to laugh. Had I not went into Electronics/IT, I might have considered advertising/Marketing. I think I would quit if I was forced to send out this email.

That is the subject of today's email. Sorry, I have to laugh. Had I not went into Electronics/IT, I might have considered advertising/Marketing. I think I would quit if I was forced to send out this email.

All I can say is: WOW!

We booked a cruise 2 days ago (Oasis, April 22, 2018) and received the 30% off. With the WOW sale, it now says that you get up to $300 OBC for 6-8 night cruises. Does Royal Caribbean honor that for cruises already booked? Can I call them and ask for the OBC to be added?

We booked a cruise 2 days ago (Oasis, April 22, 2018) and received the 30% off. With the WOW sale, it now says that you get up to $300 OBC for 6-8 night cruises. Does Royal Caribbean honor that for cruises already booked? Can I call them and ask for the OBC to be added?

Unfortunately, no. Each "sale" is based on new bookings only normally. :(:(:(Others can post if they had a different experience.

You’ll have to do the math. If the fare is higher than what you paid, but the OBC is more than the difference, then it’s worth a call. If not, don’t bother. They won’t just give you the OBC outright- you have to reprice under the new promo.

I know people like to complain, but in the end, sales do not matter, the price is due to supply and demand. It is no different than any department store. Constant sales get people to go look (which it did in this case as well). It is working as intended.

Is there a way to get to the final final FINAL price without inputting all of the person 1 and person 2 information every time I check to see if the price has gone up or down?

Sure, I'm able to get the final price without putting in all that info.

The new "sales" are funny.

We booked a cruise for August.

Then yesterday the countdown began again. The base price was the same but when I went through our booking...which is cheapest stateroom, the price went up. Don't get that.

Then checked again today. Same base price, same raised price but OBC added , making it a wash from when we booked at last pricing.

I don't understand pricing, but check daily.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I know people like to complain, but in the end, sales do not matter, the price is due to supply and demand. It is no different than any department store. Constant sales get people to go look (which it did in this case as well). It is working as intended.

Also these promotions are done to attract new business,not reprice previous sales.

Although, it is nice when the price does drop on a cruise we have booked.

Not if you are past the final payment date. If it was before that date you would probably be able to get the lower OBC but you'd also have to pay the current price which probably increased to cover the OBC.

Bill

Thank you for the contribution to the thread.

Question about this wow sale..: has anybody had any luck upgrading their room after their final payment was due? I booked and paid in full in Nov, but at the time it said no balconies available. Now (I’m assuming for the WOW sale) they have released balcony rooms, I would like to upgrade but don’t want to rebook altogether. Has anybody had luck with this? The extra OBC would be nice but also not a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Question about this wow sale..: has anybody had any luck upgrading their room after their final payment was due? I booked and paid in full in Nov, but at the time it said no balconies available. Now (I’m assuming for the WOW sale) they have released balcony rooms, I would like to upgrade but don’t want to rebook altogether. Has anybody had luck with this? The extra OBC would be nice but also not a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many have been able to upgrade after final, just don't expect money back. Give them a call (or 2 or 3) and see what happens. Unless the sale says only new bookings, you can usually get upgrades.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app

If the price has not gone up they may. Booked thru the box store, when the OBC went up from $100 to $175 on my Oasis cruise my agent called Royal and they bumped up my OBC. Give it a try!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

for those that have seen their cruise go up, does the obc make up for it? or is it still a bad deal

Each sailing is different, some may have the OBC make up for the price increase, some may not.