Price Drop Denied

Lhound92

I filled out the form for a price drop, ship mate alerted me that there was a drop and Carnival denied me. How do you get a price drop?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always check myself through a mock booking to verify that there is a drop on my sailing. Sometimes that app has given me false alerts or either a drop that I'm not eligible for at the time. But I always call in and make sure they are giving me the correct rate that I want to book with.

I always check myself through a mock booking to verify that there is a drop on my sailing. Sometimes that app has given me false alerts or either a drop that I'm not eligible for at the time. But I always call in and make sure they are giving me the correct rate that I want to book with.

Good idea, thank you

I filled out the form for a price drop, ship mate alerted me that there was a drop and Carnival denied me. How do you get a price drop?

Are you past final payment? If so, only if you booked early saver do you get price drops. Other factors may be involved too. Did you book with a travel agent or directly with Carnival?

All of my price drop request have been denied. They usually tell me the cabins in my category are sold out so my cabin do not qualify for a price drop.

Hi

What they are saying is true...there has to be an available cabin in your cabin class to get a price drop. What I don't understand is how you are determining a price for a cabin class that is no longer available?

Also wanted to add, that when there are price drops in other cabin classes (and not yours), many people will try to upgrade. Very often you can get the upgrade for little or no extra money.

All of my price drop request have been denied. They usually tell me the cabins in my category are sold out so my cabin do not qualify for a price drop.

This is why folks use top selling TAs for their preferred cruise lines. That TA may book more than a million $ per year while you remain a "rounding error." Who do you think will get results? Of course, there is the issue that the best cruise TAs probably won't do Carnival bookings unless it's a group.

Are you past final payment? If so, only if you booked early saver do you get price drops. Other factors may be involved too. Did you book with a travel agent or directly with Carnival?

Have not made the final payment. I booked directly with Carnival

The one and only time I tried to get a price drop, my request was denied. I wasn’t too upset about it as the price drop was minimal (don’t remember exactly how much it was). Have often wondered how some folks say they got $100 or more price drop.

I believe that Price Protection is associated with the Early Saver Rate only. You must be matching against available cabins with the exact same category and features as what you have booked. There must be cabins of that type still available at a lower price than you paid or there is nothing to do the match against. If you are not paid in full, your remaining balance due will be adjusted down. If you are paid in full, then you are given OBC for the difference. When following these rules, I have never been denied a valid request.

The one and only time I tried to get a price drop, my request was denied. I wasn’t too upset about it as the price drop was minimal (don’t remember exactly how much it was). Have often wondered how some folks say they got $100 or more price drop.

I do mock bookings at least every couple of days when I have a cruise planned and we always do Early Saver. Our personal best is $800.00 in OBC by the time we step onboard (A R/T to Hawaii from San Diego). So, I do the mock booking and if I find a cabin (everything has to be identical) for less I take a screenshot of the booking summary (before the names are added) and send it to my PVP and she handles it. I used to do it myself but she told me Carnival tends to screw these things up so better if she does it.

The price drop policy of Carnival is a bit of a "scam." I have a Havana Cabana room on the Horizon for later this year. I called for a price drop and was denied even though there were rooms still available in that group. Why? I was told I can only price match Havana Cabana rooms that hold 3 people since that's the one I booked. There are only 4 Havana Cabana rooms ON THE ENTIRE SHIP. I wouldn't have bothered to book under the Early Saver if I had known this. The policy does not explicitly include this level of discrimination of room categories, but I was denied nonetheless.

We just had a $40 price drop on our December cruise plus they added a $50 OBC. Called our PVP and she had them both applied to our cruise in less than two minutes. Had a friend that is also sailing call and he received the same just as quickly.

I believe that Price Protection is associated with the Early Saver Rate only. You must be matching against available cabins with the exact same category and features as what you have booked. There must be cabins of that type still available at a lower price than you paid or there is nothing to do the match against. If you are not paid in full, your remaining balance due will be adjusted down. If you are paid in full, then you are given OBC for the difference. When following these rules, I have never been denied a valid request.

No. You can get price drops on all fare types prior to the final payment date. After the final payment date, you can only get price drops on ES rates (up to 2 days prior to sailing).

This is often my problem, for instance on my next cruise I have a ocean view vista suite booked and there are only two on the ship, so as soon as that 2nd cabin booked, my chance for OBC with a price drop was over.

This is often my problem, for instance on my next cruise I have a ocean view vista suite booked and there are only two on the ship, so as soon as that 2nd cabin booked, my chance for OBC with a price drop was over.

Yep... same with those cool aft balconies

Did a mock booking yesterday on the cruise I booked at the beginning of January and the price dropped. Submitted the form and within 30 minutes, it was approved. Never had one approved that fast before.

Ditto. Did the same thing yesterday for my son's cabin on our May cruise. Found the ocean view rate changed from $679pp to $654pp and immediately filled out the form online. It was approved within the hour and an OBC of $49.70 was applied to his cabin immediately.