Boardwalk Balcony Cabin on Oasis of the Seas

I put a deposit down on a cruise this fall on Oasis. I chose a boardwalk balcony cabin at the very end of the ship. I would love to hear comments from people who have stayed in the boardwalk balcony cabins. I've read that there could be a lot of noise, which won't be a problem for me, and that you can watch some shows from your balcony.

I think they may have parades and the balcony might be a good place to watch them. I booked my cabin on deck 8 because I wasn't sure which deck would be best.

As a side note, I booked the cabin two days ago and got a $100 OBC. I did a mock booking today and saw that there was a $225 OBC. I called Royal and they gave me the full $225 OBC.

We did a Boardwalk on Allure a few years ago. I liked it. We were on Deck 12 more forward, in fact, two decks under the landing pad for the Zip Line. I'd sit on the balcony and watch the action on the Boardwalk and the people Zip Lining. Didn't hear any real noise with the door closed except for the night when the 60's party was at the Aqua Theater. Then we heard the music, so I sat outside and watched it.

Remember, we were on deck 12 and we were fairly forward, about 5 cabins back. So that might be a difference. Would I book one again? Maybe. We really are fans of the Oceanview balconies so unless it was a HUGE savings, we'd likely not. But that's only because of the view, not the noise, etc. You don't have any privacy as people in the cabins across the way have full view of your cabin and balcony. But I would do Boardwalk over Central Park.

We’ve stayed in a Boardwalk balcony on deck 12 2-3rd all the way back. We didn’t have any noise problems either. You could definitely watch everything going on in the Aqua Theatre from your balcony. I don’t think you will have a problem with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had 12729 on Oasis a few years back. It is the last boardwalk cabin on the back besides the big suite that used to be public space. I liked the fact it wasn't much foot traffic in the halls. You can't really hear too much if you lock your cabin maybe just a faint sound from the theater. Yes you can see the aqua show, my kids loved it watched it every night it was playing.

I like the area but would go with deck 10 or 11 which gives you a better view of the ocean but either way if you like having action to see right from your balcony it is a cool spot. It is a long walk to the stairs/elevator which for some is an issue. Wasn’t for us ever in our several times with this cabin. It also seems it has been much louder as te years go by. In 2010 it was pretty quiet. Now they do a lot more it seems on the boardwalk with music pumping etc.

We had a boardwalk balcony a year ago on Oasis, and had no problems. We enjoyed watching the practice sessions for the aqua shows from that location. Noise was not an issue during our cruise. We have booked another boardwalk balcony for next week's Oasis cruise. so we obviously enjoyed the boardwalk balcony.

David & Jo Ann

We had a boardwalk cabin on Allure a few years ago. Like others say, there was no noise and it’s good for people watching below.. however I didn’t like the lack of privacy from opposite cabins. I can see right into their cabins, and likewise they could see into ours. Will stick to external facing balconies in future where privacy is a lot more relaxing.

Also I love to sit on the balcony for port arrival and departure but you don’t get to see much when internal facing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had cabin 10729 on Harmony last August. My kids of 10 and 11 love it and spent a lot of time sitting outside. I myself enjoyed watching the Aqua Theatre shows as well as the rehearsals from the balcony.

We sailed in ocean view balcony before and my kids only stepped out once or twice during the cruise. Plus I don’t feel comfortable leaving the kids outside on the ocean view balcony but this is completely different with the boardwalk balcony. I allowed my kids to sit outside on their own to people watch or play with their devices.

For noise level, I don’t find it noisy as long as the balcony door is closed and locked. I love the boardwalk balcony room as long as it is the last cabin at the end. I booked the same cabin for our 2019 Symphony cruise. [emoji41]

We were on Allure in a Boardwalk balcony in cabin 12325 which was, I think, second or third from the aft. I had never been in a Boardwalk Balcony before and it was a great cabin, except it was a long walk from the elevator.

I thought it was fun to people watch and we were able to see the Aqua Theater from the cabin. When the cabin door was closed and locked, it was quiet. I loved the location.

A few months later we again sailed on Allure and had an ocean view balcony. This is the type balcony we always book on all our cruises. I kind of missed all the activities that were happening below,

Last month we again sailed in a Boardwalk balcony, but not so far back. Although we didn't have as great a view of the aft as we did last January, it was closer to the elevator. I love these balconies probably because I am a nosy people watcher. On other ships with no Boardwalk balconies, I would only book a regular balcony, which is ocean view balcony.

We had cabin 10729 on Harmony last August. My kids of 10 and 11 love it and spent a lot of time sitting outside. I myself enjoyed watching the Aqua Theatre shows as well as the rehearsals from the balcony.

We sailed in ocean view balcony before and my kids only stepped out once or twice during the cruise. Plus I don’t feel comfortable leaving the kids outside on the ocean view balcony but this is completely different with the boardwalk balcony. I allowed my kids to sit outside on their own to people watch or play with their devices.

For noise level, I don’t find it noisy as long as the balcony door is closed and locked. I love the boardwalk balcony room as long as it is the last cabin at the end. I booked the same cabin for our 2019 Symphony cruise. [emoji41]

We had the last four aft boardwalk balcony cabins on deck #9 last March on Harmony and the Abyss blocked a lot of our views.

We are booked in 8707 on Oasis this Sunday. Looks to be almost midway. Never had one before but we are looking forward to people watching and seeing some of the shows etc. I'll pop back on once we are onboard and give you our impression.

We are booked in 8707 on Oasis this Sunday. Looks to be almost midway. Never had one before but we are looking forward to people watching and seeing some of the shows etc. I'll pop back on once we are onboard and give you our impression.

Enjoy your cruise! Would love to hear how you find the noise and room location. We are in very similar spot on deck 10.

Thanks everyone for your comments. My husband and I are very excited about this cruise and experiencing a new type of cabin. We have the last cabin on the end, so hopefully it ends up being a good location. When we aren't relaxing on loungers away from the crowds, we do like being close to whatever is going on. Watching from a balcony sounds appealing.

We've stayed in ocean view balcony cabins before and never end up sitting out on the balcony for very long.

When I went on RCL's website, I noticed a special that includes the soda package. I did not notice this the other day when I put a deposit on my boardwalk balcony room. Is this a special that is sometimes offered or always offered on the boardwalk balcony cabins? I am not sure if it's included in what I booked.

Overlooking the colorful Boardwalk neighborhood, these unique accommodations include exclusive DINE. DRINK. DISCOVER complimentary amenities you won't receive anywhere else when you book select sailings.

Nothing gets you closer to the action than a Boardwalk View Balcony. Overlooking the colorful and fun-filled Boardwalk neighborhood, these unique accommodations include exclusive DINE. DRINK. DISCOVER complimentary amenities available only to Boardwalk guests:

• Classic hamburgers and more at a complimentary meal for four at Johnny Rockets®.
  • Enjoy unlimited soft drinks throughout the cruise with a soda package for two guests.
  • Tackle the Rock Climbing Wall at an session for the entire family.

We had 12729 on Oasis a few years back. It is the last boardwalk cabin on the back besides the big suite that used to be public space. I liked the fact it wasn't much foot traffic in the halls. You can't really hear too much if you lock your cabin maybe just a faint sound from the theater. Yes you can see the aqua show, my kids loved it watched it every night it was playing.

We had the other side booked 12329. Nothing to complain about there. Awesome cabin.

How about those Eagles Sky! Superbowl champions!!!

Bill

We had the other side booked 12329. Nothing to complain about there. Awesome cabin.

How about those Eagles Sky! Superbowl champions!!!

Bill

Hi Bill

Do you have any photos taken from your balcony on Oasis, we have booked the for the TA sailing in April 2019, and we normally book Oceanview balconies, but thought we'd try something different, but I can't seem to find any photos/videos taken from the balcony.

TIA

TNcruising02, I could be wrong, but I thought the Boardwalk perks (and similar ones for Central Park room bookings) have been standard for the past while.

Here's the flyer:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Oasis/16050977_EAT_DRINK_PLAY_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Fine print at the bottom says Symphony is excluded.

Would not be the first time that Royal publishes inaccurate info.
So which one is inaccurate? [emoji15]. It's not on our invoice but in any mock booking it's listed on Boardwalk description.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

TNcruising02, I could be wrong, but I thought the Boardwalk perks (and similar ones for Central Park room bookings) have been standard for the past while.

Thanks. I was going to add the soda package, but if it's included I won't. That's a perk I didn't even realize I had when I booked the room.

EDITED TO ADD - I called customer service and they said that the perks are automatically added by booking the boardwalk balcony room. It's not a special one-time promotion. That's cool.

Edited by TNcruising02

Thanks. I was going to add the soda package, but if it's included I won't. That's a perk I didn't even realize I had when I booked the room.

EDITED TO ADD - I called customer service and they said that the perks are automatically added by booking the boardwalk balcony room. It's not a special one-time promotion. That's cool.

That's great... and a real bonus when you didn't even realize at booking. Enjoy your cruise. Let us know how you find the Boardwalk room.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk