All inclusive beverages

Lisas mom

We booked the Grand Princess for April, 2018 and received an all inclusive beverage package free. I know it includes wine, beer and cocktails, as well as soft drinks and water but is there any limitation on the type of wine or cocktails? Exactly what does this include. Thanks for your help.:cool:

If it is the Premier Beverage Package it is limited to 15 alcoholic beverages a day with a $12 limit per drink, soda's are from the gun not served in a can, water is small bottles only and specialty coffee drinks are included

The AIBP has been significantly changed since you made your booking. You will have the new Premier Beverage Package under its current terms.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/ (click 'View Packages and Details')

What's Included

• All spirits, cocktails, beer and wine by the glass $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s) or $16.00 AUD and under for ships based in Australia.
  • Bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks, Gong Cha items (if available), frappes at Coffee & Cones, smoothies and milk shakes (if available).
  • Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service, subject to menu offerings and operating hours.
  • The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package: All bottles of wine, one-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package), canned sodas, and bottled juices.

Terms and Conditions

• Alcoholic drinks are limited to 15 beverages per 24-hour period (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.). Alcoholic drinks requested above the daily limits are at the discretion of the shipboard management and crew and charged at regular menu prices. Non-alcoholic drinks do not have this limitation, nor do they count towards this maximum.
  • Only one beverage is allowed per passenger per order (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
  • Items selected that exceed the $12.00 USD or $16.00 AUD price are charged at full menu price.
  • Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable.
  • Guests that pre-purchased the All-Inclusive Beverage Package prior to September 21, 2017 or that took advantage of the 2017 Sip + Sail promotion will have terms and conditions of the Premier Beverage Package apply.
  • Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time, with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will not incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

We booked the Grand Princess for April' date=' 2018 and received an all inclusive beverage package free. I know it includes wine, beer and cocktails, as well as soft drinks and water but is there any limitation on the type of wine or cocktails? Exactly what does this include. Thanks for your help.:cool:[/quote']

As you are limited to "one drink at a time" you can't order a double. Unless the ship has the "Whiskey Adventure" almost every drink on the ship is included. There are maybe 5 wines that are above the limit and only maybe 2 hard liquors that are above the limit. If the ship has the "Whiskey Adventure" then there will be quite a few higher end liquors included in that which are not covered by the beverage package. Any "regular" drink you see on the menus is included. Trust me, 15 alcoholic drinks in a 24 hour period should be plenty. The 24 hours runs from 6 AM to 6 AM. Each drink is recorded and when you order a drink the terminal shows the time of the last purchase as well as the number of alcoholic drinks you have "purchased" during the current 24 hour period.

My husband and I both have the beverage package. Can one of us take BOTH cards to get 2 drinks? Say, for instance, when I am getting ready for dinner in the cabin, and he is ready, could he go and get 2 glasses of wine,and bring them back to our room?

My husband and I both have the beverage package. Can one of us take BOTH cards to get 2 drinks? Say, for instance, when I am getting ready for dinner in the cabin, and he is ready, could he go and get 2 glasses of wine,and bring them back to our room?

Yes, I have done that exact same thing!

Yes, as long as he has both cards it isn't an issue. We did this quite often on our 12/3/17 Regal sailing. Also did it while up on deck at the bar by the Sanctuary. They never hesitated.

Not a problem. I did it regularly on the Emerald last fall.

Thank you all for the information. Can you get like a six pack of bottled water' date=' or only one bottle at a time?[/quote']

As you can clearly read in the terms and conditions posted above beverages are "sold" one at a time under the Premier Package. You can't get 6 of anything at once using the package

You can get a bottle of water at every bar you pass as you head to your cabin or off the ship. But it's one at a time.

Exception is ordering a cocktail/beer/wine and a bottle of water at the same time - not a problem.

Yes, as long as he has both cards it isn't an issue. We did this quite often on our 12/3/17 Regal sailing. Also did it while up on deck at the bar by the Sanctuary. They never hesitated.

Once the bartender knows you, you may not need either card. Also the other folio number is one higher or one lower than yours, so the bartender may provide both drinks even if he or she doesn't have your numbers memorized. It helps to go back to the same bar so that they know you.

Once the bartender knows you, you may not need either card. Also the other folio number is one higher or one lower than yours, so the bartender may provide both drinks even if he or she doesn't have your numbers memorized. It helps to go back to the same bar so that they know you.

On our last cruise almost no bartender had to ask for our cards. They all knew my number and my wife's was only one digit different. I'm sure they would have allowed me to get a drink on her card to take to the cabin. We drank very different things so it would be pretty obvious. One raspberry martini and one Talisker neat. Definitely different taste in drinks. :) We never actually did that though. I did buy one drink on my card that I took to the cabin for her but should have just asked them to use her number. She spent two days hiding in the cabin with a cold and she got a cognac to take to the cabin and I got an Amaretto so she could mix them. She couldn't "legally" order an Amaretto and Cognac as it's technically two drinks. Weird when they can make drinks with 3 or 4 types of liquor that count as a single drink. Not the bar staff's fault - they just get a set of rules to follow. The day I bought the drink for her was the day I hit my limit. D'Oh! (They actually knew I had "cheated" and used one of my drinks for her and offered to put my last drink on her card but I just got a San Pellegrino and went to bed instead.) They didn't mind me "cheating" to take her the drink as she had only used 2 of her drinks that day. I only hit the limit that one time and most days never got anywhere near to the limit. I was just feeling footloose and fancy free as she was staying in the cabin to sleep off the cold so I spent a bit more time at the bar than normal. :o

If it is the Premier Beverage Package it is limited to 15 alcoholic beverages a day with a $12 limit per drink, soda's are from the gun not served in a can, water is small bottles only and specialty coffee drinks are included

Which once again means you cannot use it for soda on Princess Cays which the AIBP did allow.

Which once again means you cannot use it for soda on Princess Cays which the AIBP did allow.

Perhaps, but Princess states:

• Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service, subject to menu offerings and operating hours.

I've seen barstaff pour doubles for guest utilizing the PBP, but it was explained that it would cost them two of their daily swipes to do so. I've read that there is a time limit between drinks, so not sure if the barstaff does one swipe there and then, and then another "swipe" 10 mins or so later as they do not need to physically swipe the card.

I've seen barstaff pour doubles for guest utilizing the PBP, but it was explained that it would cost them two of their daily swipes to do so. I've read that there is a time limit between drinks, so not sure if the barstaff does one swipe there and then, and then another "swipe" 10 mins or so later as they do not need to physically swipe the card.

I did get a double or two. I asked the bartender as I wanted to take a double to the theater where I was going to read while waiting for the show. He didn't mind as he knew my card number by the second day and I was a frequent visitor to his venue. He just ran one drink and then waited a bit and ran the second drink. It's not something I'd expect every bartender to do as it requires them to not only know your number but to remember to run the second transaction. This particular bartender was very good.

Perhaps, but Princess states:

On Princess Cays you can get the alcoholic beverages with the package, but not soda because all they have is cans on that island. The AIBP which did include cans on the ship also included them at Princess Cays.