First night discount for specialty restaurants

Poppysgirl8

Sorry for starting a new thread. I know there have been previous posts about this but I could not find them. I just wanted to let interested cruisers know the sailing we are on (Rotterdam) is offering a 25% discount on first night specialty restaurants. This is for all passengers.

Sorry for starting a new thread. I know there have been previous posts about this but I could not find them. I just wanted to let interested cruisers know the sailing we are on (Rotterdam) is offering a 25% discount on first night specialty restaurants. This is for all passengers.

Thanks for letting us know - we are on her in 7 weeks so will check it out.

Do you know how that works if you already get 50% off for being 4 Star?

Thanks for letting us know - we are on her in 7 weeks so will check it out.

Do you know how that works if you already get 50% off for being 4 Star?

All you get is your usual 50% discount, not 75%, lol...

But it's free if you're in a Neptune Suite, regardless of star status.

All you get is your usual 50% discount, not 75%, lol...

But it's free if you're in a Neptune Suite, regardless of star status.

WOW - that is great for Neptunes. Never had that before in a Neptune, it must be something new.

We are in a Neptune Suite , boarding the Eurodam on Weds. I would say I’ll check for you all but it’s also Valentines Day. The PG doubled their price with a “curated” menu and it’s 140.00 each with the wine pairing. We going to The Tamarind , I’ll see if there’s a discount for first night

Last time we cruised was Dec 2016. Never had a free specialty restaurant dinner as a perk. Is this new?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in a Neptune Suite , boarding the Eurodam on Weds. I would say I’ll check for you all but it’s also Valentines Day. The PG doubled their price with a “curated” menu and it’s 140.00 each with the wine pairing. We going to The Tamarind , I’ll see if there’s a discount for first night

Last time we cruised was Dec 2016. Never had a free specialty restaurant dinner as a perk. Is this new?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, we did have a free dinner on the Koningsdam a year ago in the Culinary Arts Center. It was part of the Neptune Welcome Aboard party.

Well, we did have a free dinner on the Koningsdam a year ago in the Culinary Arts Center. It was part of the Neptune Welcome Aboard party.

I think this is the answer. The various ships are doing different things for Neptune pax. Over the years, as Neptune Suite pax, we have had dinner in Tamarind, dinner in the Culinary Arts Center on KDam (great event, no longer offered, unfortunately) cocktail parties, etc. I think this is the current thing on the Rotterdam. It may not be on other ships.

Where did you get that info?
1. Personally accepting an invitation to NS passengers for a complimentary dinner in the PG the first night on the Westerdam in October 2017 in the Med. 2. Accepting an invitation to NS passengers for a complimentary dinner the first night at the Culinary Arts Center it on the Koningsdam in December 2017 in the Caribbean. 3. By inquiring in person about the first-night discount and star status when offered a similar discount on the Oosterdam a couple of years ago, I was told that the discounts don't accrue.

1. Personally accepting an invitation to NS passengers for a complimentary dinner in the PG the first night on the Westerdam in October 2017 in the Med. 2. Accepting an invitation to NS passengers for a complimentary dinner the first night at the Culinary Arts Center it on the Koningsdam in December 2017 in the Caribbean. 3. By inquiring in person about the first-night discount and star status when offered a similar discount on the Oosterdam a couple of years ago, I was told that the discounts don't accrue.

Your source of info is impeccable. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be fleet wide. We have had NS many times and have never had that offer. We were on the Oosterdam in November, 2016, and did not receive that offer. What did you mean by "discounts don't accrue?" That you can't transfer an unused offer to a later cruise?

We have stayed in the PS many times over the last few years and were never offered any free dinners for any specialty restaurant.

No specialty restaurant free dinners when we were in PS. I also recall when we were aboard with Laura, may she rest in peace, she and Sonny never had free dinners when they were in PS

I will add that on both our sailings last fall, the Westerdam and Koningsdam, our companions at 8-top tables in the MDR were also NS pax--and we learned that we had all received those surprise "first night free" invitations, independent of any other complimentary dinners we might have via TA, Explore 4, OBC. Both times, it was restaurant specific (PG on the W-dam, CAC on K-dam), so the idea of filling a slow restaurant makes perfect sense. Now that I think of it, we have had similar first-night-free offers on Celebrity too...

Just so you know on land at Shopper's (in Canada) on Senior day when you get 20% discount, you don't get it on already discounted items. I think the same thing will happen if there is 25% discount on the speciality restaurants, you don't get 50% on the discounted meal, but you will get 50% on the original charge.