2 side by side balconies or 2 aqua class guarantees?

sanger727

Looking for opinions. We currently are booked on the solstice to Hawaii (12 nights) in April. We have 2 side by side verandah cabins (not 100% sure that the dividers open, but hoping that they do) on deck 6. I just looked at deck plans and it appears we are over the theater - which I did not know when I booked. I specifically asked to have cabins above and below me, but that's spilled milk now. I've been watching prices drops and we could upgrade to aqua class guarantee (keeping the same perks) for $150 per room now. But, from looking at the deck plans, assuming with the guarantee cabin we will end up under the pool deck. I am a very light sleeper and very noise sensitive. What do you think? Should we keep the side by side verandahs and hope the theater being under us doesn't create a lot of noise? Should we try to upgrade to aqua and risk being under the pool deck and having scraping noises every morning as they set the chairs up? What would you do?

You probably won't hear the theater but could hear scraping chairs. The balconies should open. Eating in Blu is much nicer than the Main Dining Room and personally I would go to Aqua and bring my ear plugs. It just depends what's important to you.

Looking for opinions. We currently are booked on the solstice to Hawaii (12 nights) in April. We have 2 side by side verandah cabins (not 100% sure that the dividers open, but hoping that they do) on deck 6. I just looked at deck plans and it appears we are over the theater - which I did not know when I booked. I specifically asked to have cabins above and below me, but that's spilled milk now. I've been watching prices drops and we could upgrade to aqua class guarantee (keeping the same perks) for $150 per room now. But, from looking at the deck plans, assuming with the guarantee cabin we will end up under the pool deck. I am a very light sleeper and very noise sensitive. What do you think? Should we keep the side by side verandahs and hope the theater being under us doesn't create a lot of noise? Should we try to upgrade to aqua and risk being under the pool deck and having scraping noises every morning as they set the chairs up? What would you do?

AQ with Blu and the Persian Garden at another $12.50 per night is an outstanding value and probably worth the risk of some noise in the morning unless you usually sleep in every morning.

Oh, what a dilemma. There is no telling right now how many Aqua cabins are open so you cant predict the chances of cabins being near each other.

I looked at your cruise and it shows ONLY guarantees in Aqua, could be 1 cabin available or twenty.

If having adjoining cabins REALLY matters, I wouldn’t take the chance.

For the $150 per room price difference, I would go for Aqua class and bring along earplugs.

It would be worth it to me just for Blu.

But it would depend on the reason for having the 2 side by side cabins.

If I had very young children traveling with me in the other cabin, then I would keep the current arrangement.

If the people in the other cabin are adults, then I would switch because we would have plenty of time to spend together on the ship without needing cabins right next door to each other.

However, I admit that I am biased because we like our privacy, so we never want adult friends or family members in the room right next door to us, whether we are at a hotel or on a cruise ship.

That is just too much togetherness for us. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

I went ahead and shot my TA an email. Hopefully will hear back soon. I am nervous about the noise BUT, with so many bad experiences lately with select dining, think the blu will be enough to look past the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

AQ with Blu and the Persian Garden at another $12.50 per night is an outstanding value and probably worth the risk of some noise in the morning unless you usually sleep in every morning.

I am with you on that! 100%

I have found from my experience the few times that I have cruised with another couple that it s better to not have adjoining cabins.

The idea of having the balconies opened may seem like a nice idea but it takes away all privacy even though you may think that you have an agreement about when the door is open or closed

The other is being next to someone that you know also takes away other privacy issues as you don’t know what they can hear or are hearing. It makes you rather hestitant about having any conversations that may be very private or other things that you don’t want them to hear.

Just my personal experience and I am sure others have different ones.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

So ended up being a no go. We are currently booked under ‘go big’. The new rates are actually higher than the $150 I quoted, but include ‘go better’ which would take away the gratuities. So once the gratuities are accounted for it was only $150 more per cabin. Apparently we can’t switch from go big to go better. So to switch we would pay the same rate but not get the free gratuities. Which actually makes it almost $500 per cabin which we aren’t willing to do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums