Question about booking with $1 deposit

cruise2relax

Yes, you can. When you book, the booking will only have your name on it, in essence it will be a solo cruise booking. Once you add the second passenger, you will see a slight price increase, for port fees and taxes for second passenger. Just don't wait to long to add, as I am sure there is a cut off, (probably final payment), for adding second name.

Yes, you can. When you book, the booking will only have your name on it, in essence it will be a solo cruise booking. Once you add the second passenger, you will see a slight price increase, for port fees and taxes for second passenger. Just don't wait to long to add, as I am sure there is a cut off, (probably final payment), for adding second name.

When you add the name of the second passenger do you then pay the current price for that category or do you pay the price when the original person who reserved the cabin's price?

Jimbo:)

When you add the name of the second passenger do you then pay the current price for that category or do you pay the price when the original person who reserved the cabin's price?

My TA has told me you pay the current price for the person you add.

I would definitely book a phantom rather than as a solo in order to lock in the pricing and perks. It makes no difference to Princess who you put down initially so I really don't see a down side. I'd hate to add someone later at a higher price. Our upcoming cruise is well past final payment and the price is still more than we paid. At one time the price went up to $1,100 pp more than we paid when we booked.

Do not forget the $1 deposit only holds the cabin booked for a few weeks then you have to pay a 2nd deposit before the final full balance payment later you are not only holding a cabin for $1 pp until final payment

Do not forget the $1 deposit only holds the cabin booked for a few weeks then you have to pay a 2nd deposit before the final full balance payment later you are not only holding a cabin for $1 pp until final payment

Booked a couple of these $1 deposits in the past.

Held the booking right up until Final just like a normal deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They let me even book a Vista Suite on Island for only $2.00

My agent never said anything about any other payments again until the final payment date.

Confirmation has a final payment amount and a final payment date on it......... and that is it just like a normal reservation.

They let me even book a Vista Suite on Island for only $2.00

My agent never said anything about any other payments again until the final payment date.

Confirmation has a final payment amount and a final payment date on it......... and that is it just like a normal reservation.

I have done $1 deposits and did not have to pay until final payment either which was probably 10 months away.

Carnival used to have reduced deposits and the rest of the deposit was due before final payment. I don't think I have ever seen this with Princess before.

I have done $1 deposits and did not have to pay until final payment either which was probably 10 months away.

Carnival used to have reduced deposits and the rest of the deposit was due before final payment. I don't think I have ever seen this with Princess before.

We have 18 months to wait.:(