Elite morning breakfast and evening cocktail hour on Silhouette

Marie50

Getting ready to cruise on Silhouette and was wondering if they still do the morning Elite Breakfast and if so where is that held? Also is there still the evening cocktails and where is that held? Thank you.

Yes they do, you will receive a letter in your stateroom telling you the times and locations. Evening event is usually in the sky lounge.

What is included with the Elite breakfast? Our next cruise will be our first as Elite. I knew there was a cocktail hour but never breakfast. I'm sure it's still better to eat in Luminae though, right?

We do find Luminae sometimes too much of a good thing.....whilst technically you can order a light breakfast you do tend to come out full!

On sea days Luminae is open for lunch...nice menu to try but you won’t enjoy it if you have had a big breakfast.

The other snag with Luminae breakfasts is, as you are waiter served, they can last quite a while....Not always good on port days if you have an early excursion.

Non of the above are criticisms of Luminae but they are reasons why on some days you may choose room service or a quick bite at the Elite breakfast. A glass of Bellini, a smoked salmon plate or continental cheese and meats or just a Danish pastry and a nice coffee can be a pleasant light start to the day....on sea days that wake view is nice too....

We don’t choose Luminae every morning...the balcony and Elite breakfast offer great options without facing the bustle of Oceanview! Have a great cruise...

It's a continental breakfast with cold meat, cheese, salmon, many kinds of fruit, cheeses, breads, pastries, yogurt. Drinks include juices, cappuccino, bloody Mary, mimosa, teas, smoothies.

We didn’t try it the last cruise but possibly will in Sep. How does it work? Are you led to a table? Are the drinks waiter service and the food buffet style?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We do find Luminae sometimes too much of a good thing.....whilst technically you can order a light breakfast you do tend to come out full!

On sea days Luminae is open for lunch...nice menu to try but you won’t enjoy it if you have had a big breakfast.

The other snag with Luminae breakfasts is, as you are waiter served, they can last quite a while....Not always good on port days if you have an early excursion.

Non of the above are criticisms of Luminae but they are reasons why on some days you may choose room service or a quick bite at the Elite breakfast. A glass of Bellini, a smoked salmon plate or continental cheese and meats or just a Danish pastry and a nice coffee can be a pleasant light start to the day....on sea days that wake view is nice too....

We don’t choose Luminae every morning...the balcony and Elite breakfast offer great options without facing the bustle of Oceanview! Have a great cruise...

My experience has been the opposite. Takes forever to get waited on in the Elite breakfast, now that they've gone to plated service. I can get in and out of Luminae much faster. Haven't gone to the Elite breakfast for years for that reason.

We just did back to back on Silly in January. Elite breakfast was held in Tuscan each day. Most days it was buffet but 2 it was ordering. It changes depending on what going on that day. I was in Blue the second cruise and on visited once. It was good. Service was excellent and get in and out fast. Previous replies are correct when say what was there. All buffets are the same. There were three buffet stations on the Silly. One for those that wanted fast service with juices, tea, coffee water, etc. One buffet with breads, bagels and salmon. The third had meats, fruit, etc. You could still order any of these if you wanted service. I ordered juice and tea and went and got the other.

What is included with the Elite breakfast? Our next cruise will be our first as Elite. I knew there was a cocktail hour but never breakfast. I'm sure it's still better to eat in Luminae though, right?

We did Silhouette for 12 nights in Nov. Thankfully the breakfast was buffet and pretty good.

We also had Luminae for the cruise. My husband ate there every morning, I only ate at Luminae about 6 times for breakfast. You can't beat looking at the wake in Tuscan on a sea day.

My experience has been the opposite. Takes forever to get waited on in the Elite breakfast, now that they've gone to plated service. I can get in and out of Luminae much faster. Haven't gone to the Elite breakfast for years for that reason.

Had two cruises this year, one buffet, one served...buffet obviously very fast, served also speedy!

It's a continental breakfast with cold meat, cheese, salmon, many kinds of fruit, cheeses, breads, pastries, yogurt. Drinks include juices, cappuccino, bloody Mary, mimosa, teas, smoothies.

I’ve never taken advantage of the elite breakfast. Are the mimosas and Bloody Mary’s complimentary?