Labadee sand question

Is the sand on Labadee beaches rough or fairly soft? We are normally fine just throwing towels on the ground at the beach to sit on but I want to be sure the kids and mom will be comfortable. If it is a shell / rocky beach I may need to rent chairs?

To answer your question, it's rough. It's not pleasant to walk on with bare feet. There's really nothing good about that beach at all, other than being a money pit for RCI.

Sounds like a good port for you to just stay onboard and enjoy the pool ;)

The sand is rocky. Bring shoes too!

I so disagree! We have been there many times and have never found the sand to be rocky. I walk in bare feet all over the place, on the sand, in the water, everywhere!

Love Labadee-gorgeous beach, beautiful clear water!

Unless you go the the left when you get off the ship and have rocky water, you have no issues. Go to Nellies Beach it is beautiful and so nice!!!!

Sounds like a good port for you to just stay onboard and enjoy the pool ;)

Yep! As a Florida native I'm spoiled with beaches but if I'm going to the Caribbean, I expect a better beach than what I can get at the port the ship leaves from. "Labadee" is a manufactured peninsula for RCI. When you get off the ship it just feels "fake." I'm not sure how else to describe it.

I hate to sound like a snob but if anyone thinks that's an above average beach, they must have some severely limited exposure to beaches in the United States.

I so disagree! We have been there many times and have never found the sand to be rocky. I walk in bare feet all over the place, on the sand, in the water, everywhere!

Love Labadee-gorgeous beach, beautiful clear water!

Unless you go the the left when you get off the ship and have rocky water, you have no issues. Go to Nellies Beach it is beautiful and so nice!!!!

LOL are you drunk? Or paid by RCI? You claim there's no rocks in the water...you've got to be kidding me! It's the rockiest beach I've been to in my entire life.

Yep! As a Florida native I'm spoiled with beaches but if I'm going to the Caribbean, I expect a better beach than what I can get at the port the ship leaves from. "Labadee" is a manufactured peninsula for RCI. When you get off the ship it just feels "fake." I'm not sure how else to describe it.

I hate to sound like a snob but if anyone thinks that's an above average beach, they must have some severely limited exposure to beaches in the United States.

Agree...great beaches in Florida...have spent some great beach days there..love Sanibel Island (visiting family).

We've been to Labadee many times and having a cabana on Barefoot beach we've had fun too...so not all bad there.

LOL are you drunk? Or paid by RCI? You claim there's no rocks in the water...you've got to be kidding me! It's the rockiest beach I've been to in my entire life.

If Columbus Cove is where karena1 goes, I can see their point. Columbus Cove is my go-to spot at Labadee and it is always nice, soft sand as far out into the water as you can walk.

If you're going to the large beach where the zipline is (Adrenaline Beach), you're going to the wrong place.

Edited by Aquahound

I suggest just get off the ship. It’s a 4 minute walk to the first part of the beach. Walk around. If you don’t like it, take the 4 minute walk back to the ship. Staying onboard and not even exploring I think would be a mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps they were in the suite area.

This is gated off for people in a GS or above. Very nice beach.