What Would You Do?

Lastdance

Then dispute the charge with your credit card if X is not helpful. Sorry this is happening!

Actually, my credit card company told me I could do that, as I have final payment for my April cruise coming due. They have the amount that I paid back in March of last year, so that is definitely a consideration!

Thanks everyone for your ideas; maybe someone from Celebrity will even read this thread!

Ouch! I doubt Celebrity ever moved it to anyone. Very odd if you never paid any money directly to the TA.

Good luck.

Moving bookings from Celebrity to TAs is really easy. Also, all my payments are charged by Celebrity even when booked or paid through a TA. I use 2 TAs, and both connect to Celebrity when they collect my cc info and confirm when Celebrity has completed the transactions. Each time it shows up as Celebrity on my CC.

You said you used a TA....THEY "group" their cabins. You may be part of that, even tho' you're not in a "group" per se.

But so what? Celebrity charged to Lastdance's cc directly. There is enough audit trail that money should be refunded to her card. This is another inept IT and Accounting problem on X end.

Edited by CEOofVacation

It certainly is something that needs to be improved. How much this has to do with my Edge cruise is also interesting, as they moved people to other venues and many canceled like me. i wonder if anyone else on the 12/16/18 cruise had similar issues. Booked last March...canceled Jan 1 and TBD...

No...my Card does not expire until 2021. Visa haas the charge from last March.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Man what a bummer you are having to deal with. Based on your experience I hope we never have to cancel a cruise. Good luck and hope this mess gets quickly resolved. It always seems when I'm due a refund on something it seems to take forever to get the money credited back but when I owe a business money, well let's just say they want it the day before! :mad:

This isn't making any sense to me. I've been booked into groups before and know others who have been as well. I've never known Celebrity to hesitate providing a prompt refund for cancellations like this. I don't believe it's any different than any other cancellation. And if you didn't book into the group knowingly, that means your TA booked you into a group and this IS your TA's responsibility to secure your refund.

Something doesn't sound right to me. Good luck!

h - I was thinking the same thing and I Am a bit unsophisticated when it comes to this sort of thing...

Personally, I would be going after the TA and not bad mouthing X for something my TA did.

Who knows what the TA has done. It could even be a cancellation fee...

Bottom line the TA is responsible for handling this, not X. Had the OP booked direct with X, then I can understand the upset and bad mouthing...

What is not right is the OP writing here about X being the bad actor in this when it is the TA they booked with that is responsible for handling it directly. If the TA is blaming X, so be it, they still are responsible to the client.

You are correct, something does not sound right on either side (TA or OP).

bon voyage

h - I was thinking the same thing and I Am a bit unsophisticated when it comes to this sort of thing...

Personally, I would be going after the TA and not bad mouthing X for something my TA did.

Who knows what the TA has done. It could even be a cancellation fee...

Bottom line the TA is responsible for handling this, not X. Had the OP booked direct with X, then I can understand the upset and bad mouthing...

What is not right is the OP writing here about X being the bad actor in this when it is the TA they booked with that is responsible for handling it directly. If the TA is blaming X, so be it, they still are responsible to the client.

You are correct, something does not sound right on either side (TA or OP).

bon voyage

The OP has told us that he booked and paid the monies directly to Celebrity and then transferred the booking to the TA.

Sorry, can't agree with you here. X has admitted having the funds and acknowledges that its their responsibility to refund the OP. The money never went to the TA at booking and should never be directly involved in the return. X does make mistakes, and some simply take longer than others to correct.

In late December, I advised my TA that I had decided to prepay my gratuities for an upcoming cruise. Within a few hours, the charge showed up on my credit card account. A week later, I noticed that Celebrity had credited my card the exact same amount. I asked my TA to look into it, and after a prolonged discussion with Celebrity, determined that my initial payment somehow was handled twice in accounting. The first person credited it to my account, but somehow a second person also went to credit my account, saw that my gratuities were already paid, and concluded that my "duplicate" payment had to be returned, thus generating the credit to my card. Having been provided the facts by my TA, X then re-billed me. Due to a change in USD/CAD exchange rates, I actually had to pay more, thanks to Celebrity's mistake, although my TA was really gracious and picked up the extra amount.

So, yes, Celebrity does make mistakes, even in their accounting office. Given the millions of transactions they must have to handle every year, I suppose that's to be expected. In the OP's case, I hope that X (not the TA) resolves the problem soon.

Then it still a TA issue to handle, not X's.

bon voyage

She did her part; I have a copy. She called...they have it, but are trying to locate it. Captain’s Club has the notes on it too and the dates. This is one mess due to the Edge transferring and changing dates etc. Resolutions is on it! So, Bo, why do you still say it is a TA issue? What else can she do...tell me and I will relay the message...

Edited by Lastdance

She did her part; I have a copy. She called...they have it, but are trying to locate it. Captain’s Club has the notes on it too and the dates. This is one mess due to the Edge transferring and changing dates etc. Resolutions is on it! So, Bo, why do you still say it is a TA issue? What else can she do...tell me and I will relay the message...

You mentioned twice about Edge transferring and changing dates. Was the deposit transferred over and you got charged again, hence not receiving the refund for the inaugural cruise?

You mentioned twice about Edge transferring and changing dates. Was the deposit transferred over and you got charged again, hence not receiving the refund for the inaugural cruise?

No...this never happened. Maybe it is just a fluke? Thanks Sue! It will be good to get the credit and put this to rest.

My Answer: The reason all of this took place was due to Celebrity crediting my account for my April cruise with the $500. So, it was deducted from my final cruise pay payment for this April. I called my credit card company and they show $500 deducted from that charge. Everything is great and I am happy! I am not pointing the blame in any direction, but am glad this was resolved. Usually, they just credit it back to the card.

My Answer: The reason all of this took place was due to Celebrity crediting my account for my April cruise with the $500. So, it was deducted from my final cruise pay payment for this April. I called my credit card company and they show $500 deducted from that charge. Everything is great and I am happy! I am not pointing the blame in any direction, but am glad this was resolved. Usually, they just credit it back to the card.

So glad to hear that it was all straightened away to your satisfaction!:D