Hooked Restaurant on Symphony

kevinyork

I will check it out on my upcoming, but doubt I'll eat there. We almost never do the specialties as we like MDR and like having the same table/waiter each night. It's a big part of the cruise experience for us. Old fashioned I know. Plus it's not worth the up charge compared to the meal in the MDR.

Someone commented on freshness, but I'd imagine and hope they could get fresh seafood in each port.

I booked the 3 day dining package on board, essentially adding Hooked for free since we already had Chops and 150 Central Park booked. Dining there on the 15th so I’ll let you know how it is.

First night went to the MDR and found it surprisingly good. Excellent coq au vin and escargot. Desserts were pretty bad for the whole table except my son’s cheesecake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Had dinner on Hooked and just wanted to get back to this thread with my experience.

Overall, I really enjoyed Hooked and would happily go again for a small upcharge (I think $25-35 would work for me). I think $40 is too steep, and there's no much replay value in the menu. I highly recommend that you do it once if you like seafood.

Most of the dishes were outstanding, but there were occasional misses.

Appetizers: The raw oysters were local Mediterranean oyster- briny and very fresh- excellent. Included a red wine mignonette, horseradish and cocktail sauce. Drunken mussels were very tasty served with some crunchy bread. Fried calamari were somewhat traditional but much better than average. Misses: New England Clam Chowder and baked oysters.

Entrees: 2 of us had halibut (fish of the day) freshly grilled and very tasty. Messy fish sandwich was out of this world. They gave my daughter the lobster mac and cheese as a main course (typically a side) and she loved it.

Whoopie pie was hands down the best dessert (they brought us one of each). Skip the Boston Cream Pie.

Symphony was awesome and would love to go back!

Trying to get a sense of where the restaurant is. On Harmony, seating areas and the Solarium Bar are above the Bistro. On Symphony have they added an extra level to Solarium or does Hooked take up seating and where the Bar would be?

Trying to get a sense of where the restaurant is. On Harmony, seating areas and the Solarium Bar are above the Bistro. On Symphony have they added an extra level to Solarium or does Hooked take up seating and where the Bar would be?

It replaced the bar.

ckelly, thanks for the recent review. Sounds like it's pretty good but pricey. I've read a few comments that it's a good option for lunch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We will be going for lunch. It’s $20pp. Cut down menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...