formal nights

Holey

Yes, it's true. You'll have what they now call Evening Chic nights in the main dining room. I still like to dress up and do so on those nights, even if I'm not eating in the MDR. You'll see everything from jeans with a nice top/heels to sequined gowns on the women.

Yes, it's true. You'll have what they now call Evening Chic nights in the main dining room. I still like to dress up and do so on those nights, even if I'm not eating in the MDR. You'll see everything from jeans with a nice top/heels to sequined gowns on the women.

Thankyou but a little sad

:(

For years, formal night attire has been problematic for many cruisers. Some loved it. Some hated it. While it was fun to dress up, it required bringing more clothes for those evenings. Happily, formal night died. Now it has been replaced by evening chic. Nobody seems to know what it means. Some people dress up. Many people dress the same every night. No need to bring a tuxedo, suit, tie, etc. It certainly cuts down on luggage. It is your cruise. Dress as you want. The main concept for me is what are the waiters wearing. On the old formal night, waiters wore tuxedos. They don't wear tuxedos anymore. Unless you wear something outlandish, nobody will even remember what you wore. Relax and enjoy.

It is no longer mandatory to wear the penguin costume

Some don't consider a tux to be a 'penguin costume', but an opportunity to enjoy wearing a style which compliments my dress for the evening. If DH CHOSE not to wear a tux that would be fine with me and I'd dress in the evening chic dress code, which we often do. Different strokes, etc. BTW...it was never mandatory, at least not since the early 1900's; a suit and tie for men or sports jacket replaced it if one decided a tuxedo wasn't for them. OP should enjoy wearing whatever she/he prefers and will not be out of place.

Evening Chic

What Celebrity thought: A suit or jacket, definitely something smart

What Guests Did: Another polo shirt

To be fair, Celebrity is not quite as scruffy as RCI has become, but within a decade I would guess it will be jeans/shorts and a t-shirt every night

Maybe they will come to their senses and get rid of the dining room as well, we can all eat off the floor - who needs cutlery

Evening Chic

What Celebrity thought: A suit or jacket, definitely something smart

What Guests Did: Another polo shirt

Who knows what Celebrity "thought", but what they said is that jeans (designer, whatever that means) are fine and that jackets are strictly optional. No mention made of suits.