Suite Classes

yuvraj

Did they remove it or just run out of it, on my last rccl also November there was only one Cabernet that we liked and was covered by drink package and on second or third day they were out of it.

Ecko told us they made management decision to remove it during the week, which he was not happy with. He did not know why they did not wait until the end of the week. :confused::o

I wore slacks & a golf shirt each night, but, added a tie/sport jacket for Formal night. I see folks with slacks/shirts only each night....some nights even with shoes. ha! No pressure to over dress in CK...

And I thought you looked very dapper every evening. :cool:

Me too...huh?? :confused:

It was an engineering joke that apparently fell flat. I knew better than to try that here, so my bad.

The expression "it's a feature not a bug" means something that appears wrong (Day 6 menu presented on Day 5) but actually is done intentionally, by design, without prior explanation. :)

It was an engineering joke that apparently fell flat. I knew better than to try that here, so my bad.

The expression "it's a feature not a bug" means something that appears wrong (Day 6 menu presented on Day 5) but actually is done intentionally, by design, without prior explanation. :)

I got it. Many times bugs looked like features or the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ATS is Sky Class (unless yours is a 2 bedroom which is Star Class). Sky Class can order room service from the MDR menu anytime the MDR is open. There is no fee (please do tip). Star Class can also order room from the MDR as well as from Speciality restaurants (again, no fee).

We're on Oasis in March.

Aqua Theater Suite.

Couple of questions:

Can you order room service from the MDR menu?

Can you order room service from any of the Specialty Restaurants?

For a fee or course.

Lunch and/or Dinner.

ATS is Sky Class (unless yours is a 2 bedroom which is Star Class). Sky Class can order room service from the MDR menu anytime the MDR is open. There is no fee (please do tip). Star Class can also order room from the MDR as well as from Speciality restaurants (again, no fee).

Appreciate the prompt response.

We are in Sky Class.

I do have one more question: I notice, at the bottom of each MDR menu, there are additional items listed that require an upcharge. Things like: Whole main lobster ($29.95); Chops Grill Filet Mignon ($16.95); and Surf and Turf ($34.95). Since these items are on the MDR menu, can these items be ordered as room service for the Sky Suites. Of course an additional tip would be expected.

Hmmmm - good question! I’m not sure because we’ve never tried. We usually only order Eggs Benedict for breakfast once or twice per cruise. Ask the concierge or just call room service to ask. Please let us know if you can.

We are in Sky Class.

I do have one more question: I notice, at the bottom of each MDR menu, there are additional items listed that require an upcharge. Things like: Whole main lobster ($29.95); Chops Grill Filet Mignon ($16.95); and Surf and Turf ($34.95). Since these items are on the MDR menu, can these items be ordered as room service for the Sky Suites. Of course an additional tip would be expected.

We are in Sky Class.

Yes, those items can be ordered for Sky Class Suites and would be subject to the extra charges. However, I would bet that Star Class suites get them for no extra charge.

We are in Sky Class.

Those stating "no fee" mean no "delivery fee" for the room service that all non-suite guest pay on a per delivery. The per item up-charges listed here would still be applicable for non-Star suite guests.

It was difficult finding Beringer on Mariner. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s why we always get drink package, only thing I like in suite or diamond lounge is Hennessy , glad we just made diamond plus so we will get 30 percent off

That’s why we always get drink package, only thing I like in suite or diamond lounge is Hennessy , glad we just made diamond plus so we will get 30 percent off
Wouldn't have helped. They just didn't have it. They had an alternate that was awful

Yes, those items can be ordered for Sky Class Suites and would be subject to the extra charges. However, I would bet that Star Class suites get them for no extra charge.

Thanks, Bob.

We enjoy having one very nice dinner on our balcony and the wife particularly enjoys a good Maine lobster.

I'm sure Star Class does get them for free. I was just trying to find a way to order lobster for the balcony and would be more than happy to pay those up-charges.

Star class is no different that booking airfare in 1st class. You don't get a hot meal, or a warm towel, or truly reclining seats etc. in coach. So .....yes Sky class is in second place. If you want the first place treatment, do what we do and pay the 1st place money.

Star class is no different that booking airfare in 1st class. You don't get a hot meal, or a warm towel, or truly reclining seats etc. in coach. So .....yes Sky class is in second place. If you want the first place treatment, do what we do and pay the 1st place money.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I got it too. And we always call it an ‘undocumented feature’. :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is not about benefits and who gets what. It is about how you are treated. Certainly in my mind there is now a first and second division as far as suite guests are concerned. I agree that JS were never really true suite yet it is marketed as such. Seems like RCI treats JS as suites when it suits them. Minimal benefits for JS is fine but if a benefit is listed then surely treatment should be fair and reasonable.

It wasn't a big deal on my last cruise. I didn't miss out on anything but still there was that nagging feeling of being in second division as a Sky class guest. Perhaps it is just me.

I'm not sure what your complaint is, exactly, since you have not specified the issue(s), only that you have a gut feeling. As some have implied on this thread, perhaps you are being overly sensitive. I have been in Sky level suites (Grands) and have been treated fine.

I have never sailed on an Oasis class ship before but we will be going on the Symphony in May 2019. We always book a junior suite because of the tub/shower, the walk in closets and the spaciousness. The one perk I kind of liked was priority boarding at embarkation - being able to go in the suite line. When I looked at the FAQs under the "Sea" class, it did not list that. Is that an oversight or an actual change? Cruising used to seem a lot less complicated.

I have never sailed on an Oasis class ship before but we will be going on the Symphony in May 2019. We always book a junior suite because of the tub/shower, the walk in closets and the spaciousness. The one perk I kind of liked was priority boarding at embarkation - being able to go in the suite line. When I looked at the FAQs under the "Sea" class, it did not list that. Is that an oversight or an actual change? Cruising used to seem a lot less complicated.
You should be able to do that. Ft Lauderdale Allure, and Port Canaveral Oasis are still doing that. You should also get to have dinner in Coastal Kitchen. [emoji16]