B2B process?

countingdown321

We have booked B2B cruises and are wondering what happens with regards to the second cruise. Will we still need the xpress pass? Do I need to print the second cruise luggage tags? Will we get checked in for both at the start of the first cruise or is there some process that happens on the changeover day? Does the first cruise account get closed off and then new sea passes issued for the second cruise? It’s the same room and same ship for both cruises. We didn’t give any thoughts to the process when we booked it and are now intrigued to know what to expect! Thanks in advance to anyone that can take some time to explain what happens.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have booked B2B cruises and are wondering what happens with regards to the second cruise. Will we still need the xpress pass? Do I need to print the second cruise luggage tags? Will we get checked in for both at the start of the first cruise or is there some process that happens on the changeover day? Does the first cruise account get closed off and then new sea passes issued for the second cruise? It’s the same room and same ship for both cruises. We didn’t give any thoughts to the process when we booked it and are now intrigued to know what to expect! Thanks in advance to anyone that can take some time to explain what happens.

You do not need the Xpress Pass for the second leg. Your choice. We've never been asked for it on any of our B2B cruises. No need to print or request luggage tags for the second leg. No. Each cruise is handled separately. You will receive in your cabin detailed instructions a couple of days before TAD. It will tell you where and what time to meet and what you will need to bring with you for that process. Your account for the first leg will be closed out at the end of that cruise. Make sure to use any OBC as it is not transferable. If the OBC is from Celebrity it's use or lose. You will receive new Seapass cards on TAD. Makes it even better that you have the same cabin for both legs. You will not have to wait (like new passengers) until they open the fire doors to go back to your cabin if you want to.

Wow, you have a lot of questions!

Is your cruise in the usa or uk?

That may change the process a bit, but basically these are TWO DIFFERENT cruises. Your accounts will close at the end of one and open for the second. Any unused non refundable obc is LOST, it does not carry over.

In the usa we walk off the ship, are handed new cards and walk back on, in the uk it may be even easier, you might not have to walk off/on at all, but I’m not sure.

They will have a meeting for you onboard, near the end of the first cruise and give you all the details.

Enjoy your cruise, its awesome to stay onboard as everyone else is having to leave, and you get funny looks from the dining room staff when you say “see you tomorrow” on the last night!

B2ber’s are normally the last to get off the ship, they wait in a lounge in the terminal, until time to reboard. You are normally the first to get on the ship.

Rollie

The cruises are on the Silhouette and it’s been slightly complicated by ports changing because of the work taking place in Port Everglades. The first cruise now uses Miami. Second is still Port Everglades but with a later than normal departure time. We’ve had varying reports on whether we’ll be able to stay on the ship as it repositions but as long as Celebrity move us between the two ports somehow I’m not too concerned! Seems like the rest will be reasonably hassle free. Thank you everyone for your replies!

The cruises are on the Silhouette and it’s been slightly complicated by ports changing because of the work taking place in Port Everglades. The first cruise now uses Miami. Second is still Port Everglades but with a later than normal departure time. We’ve had varying reports on whether we’ll be able to stay on the ship as it repositions but as long as Celebrity move us between the two ports somehow I’m not too concerned! Seems like the rest will be reasonably hassle free. Thank you everyone for your replies!

Nevertheless you will receive detailed instructions on what to expect.

You will not be able to stay on board since they are moving the ship.

Please call your travel agent if you booked with one, or Celebrity if you booked direct. Say that you are booked on two consecutive cruises and learned that the ship is moving from Port of Miami to Port Everglades on turnover day. Say that you understand you are not able to remain on board the ship and ask what arrangements Celebrity is making to transfer you between ports.

My understanding is that the people who were B2B guests for today's turnover, March 4, when she moved from Port Everglades to Miami were offered a shore excursion.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

B2ber’s are normally the last to get off the ship, they wait in a lounge in the terminal, until time to reboard. You are normally the first to get on the ship.

Rollie

May depend on the port, but in Hong Kong we were free to get off at anytime we wished and given a pass to bypass the embarkation lines so that we could also return whenever we wished.

It will be very hassle free. If you use the Cruise Critic search function you should be able to find a number of detailed descriptions of what happened to other cruisers on turnaround day. These descriptions can be helpful, but their exact process during the turnaround day experience may be somewhat different than the process you will experience, particularly since the disembarkation port for the first leg is different than the embarkation port for the second leg.

In the US you must disembark the ship, get a new card, then re-enter. Your situation is complicated by the change in ports but I am sure you will receive specific information about what to do. On many cruises there are as many as 60+ passengers doing the same thing and I have to think Celebrity would not expect them to try to find their own transportation to the new port. The advice to call is good, but I also expect you would be offered a shore excursion of some kind, or perhaps an option of a shuttle bus of some kind to the other port.