Mom can't go on cruise next month question...

dis2cruise

my mom just broke her hip, yes she had insurance, However, she wants my daughter to take her place does celebrity allow this?? If this is allowed do I call my travel agent or celebrity. Btw, mom paid for a single occupancy rate.

Celebrity may allow it....you need to call and ask them or your TA but the airlines won't allow it if you are flying to the port of departure. They would require a new booking. Be prepared for a million questions from the insurance carrier and be prepared to document EVERYTHING.....

Get well quick Mom...

Yes, have your TA contact Celebrity for you to see if you can do this.

Keith

Yes, go through your TA, that’s what they are paid for and Celebrity will probably just refer you to your TA. They don’t want potential conflicts.

Yes, go through your TA, that’s what they are paid for and Celebrity will probably just refer you to your TA. They don’t want potential conflicts.

Agree. If you used a TA they must do any contact with Celebrity.Once you have a TA Celebrity refuses to talk to you since they've paid a commission to the TA to handle any problems. Call you TA immediately!

Yes, go through your TA, you will probably have to add your daughter to the enervation then cancel your mom’s half of the reservation. Not sure what the OP means by the single occupancy rate, did she pay 200%? If so there should be problem, if she got a deal sailing as a single, then I am not sure. Never heard of X offering a reduced rate for a single occupancy.. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd be interested to hear the response. If there were two of you in one cabin, they usually only require that one of the names from the original reservation stay the same but will make changes to the other names. If she was the only person in the room, I'm not certain that it will be as straightforward.

Good wishes for a speedy recovery for your mom!

my mom just broke her hip, yes she had insurance, However, she wants my daughter to take her place does celebrity allow this?? If this is allowed do I call my travel agent or celebrity. Btw, mom paid for a single occupancy rate.

Your mother wishes not to collect on the insurance and just transfer the booking to your daughter? Great question especially if the rate is now higher. It would still be a single supplement rate.

Good luck to your mom.

I usually book/travel solo. A few times my daughter has joined me. As I've already paid 200%, just her port fees were added.

Perhaps, add granddaughter to reservation now. Then at port grandma is not there.

Later grandma's port fees will be refunded to credit card.

Same expenditure...no problems/questions.

One of the original names must remain on the reservation. Since hers is the only name, it would be a cancellation. But if she ads the granddaughter now, and then does not go, it might work. How far out is the cruise? Hip replacement surgery is pretty good these. I am sitting here waiting for my sister to come out from a right hip replacement. Some even go home the next day. The main recovery is walking. You can do a lot of that on a cruise... EM