Impressed with processing of Veterans and Shareholder Benefits

LDVinNC

On Saturday I snail-mailed the information to get both benefits. I'm in Florida and even with sending the paperwork to California, as of Thursday morning the credits appear! Hope Cunard does as good a job - I sent that on Monday.

FYI: You don't have to send the Veteran's documentation again. Apparently Princess & Cunard computers (and probably the others under the Carnival umbrella) talk to each other.

We booked a Cunard cruise and the veteran's showed up automatically.

BTW: why didn't you fax?

If you don't have a fax machine (we don't even have a phone line), use one of the free fax services on the internet. I use gotfreefax.com.

Thanks for reporting. This is great to hear! I sent mine in on Friday from CA also by snail mail and I haven’t received it yet, but I’ll keep an eye out now that I know they are fast.

I sent mine by snail mail because I couldn’t get the fax number to answer. Verified the number, and it was correct, but it only ever rang with no answer, so I gave up and put it in the postal mail. If anyone has an email, I’ll try that next time, but I couldn’t find one.

Thanks for reporting. This is great to hear! I sent mine in on Friday from CA also by snail mail and I haven’t received it yet, but I’ll keep an eye out now that I know they are fast.

I sent mine by snail mail because I couldn’t get the fax number to answer. Verified the number, and it was correct, but it only ever rang with no answer, so I gave up and put it in the postal mail. If anyone has an email, I’ll try that next time, but I couldn’t find one.

Princess US states they only accept faxed or snail mail applications...no email.

The process is explained in this form but using the form to apply is not required. The shareholders OBC just got extended for another year so don’t be concerned about the form’s dates. It takes them several months to update the form but they’ll gladly accept any version of the form which ensures receiving complete applications...or no form with all of the required information.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=409530&d=1501699350

Our Princess member number is the same one that Cunard uses. If you have Veterans information on your Princess account, when you book with Cunard, the credit should show up.

When I faxed my Cunard shareholders information in, it is sent to same fax number in Princess office in Santa Clarita.However I made it very clear it was for a Cunard cruise.

There is no cross over of status(mine Elite) and when we cruised Cunard were lowly red cruise card(like the blue ones on Princess)

No other Carnival Corp . cruise lines have the same member numbers so doubt there is any cross references and they operate independently of each other.

I didn't fax because my investment account statement prints out in brown. Hard to read. Was afraid it would not fax well from a pdf. No matter - got the credit very quickly!

That could be why mine was rejected first time. I rescanned and submitted again for two cruises and it was handled in a day.

Princess US states they only accept faxed or snail mail applications...no email.

The process is explained in this form but using the form to apply is not required. The shareholders OBC just got extended for another year so don’t be concerned about the form’s dates. It takes them several months to update the form but they’ll gladly accept any version of the form which ensures receiving complete applications...or no form with all of the required information.

Not sure how shareholders OBC works... but to avoid any confusion for military personnel who may be following this thread according to the instructions found on the Princess Military Cruise Benefit Program the form can be submitted via email, fax or mail. Please refer to the link below for more details.

https://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/

Nice part of the veteran's benefit for US (and Canadian?) veterans, once you have established it with Princess it will always be there for all future cruises. I of course did it soon after it was established. As for shareholder OBC I just send them the information they request and do not use any form. They are usually very quick in updating the OBC.

Nice part of the veteran's benefit for US (and Canadian?) veterans, once you have established it with Princess it will always be there for all future cruises. I of course did it soon after it was established. As for shareholder OBC I just send them the information they request and do not use any form. They are usually very quick in updating the OBC.
One thing to remember, however, is if you use a travel agent make sure that he/she remembers to include the Captains' Circle member of each person who can claim the veteran's benefit because that benefit is linked to that person's CC number so if the agent doesn't include that number on the booking, that benefit may very well not get linked and therefore credited to the reservation!!! Tom

On Saturday I snail-mailed the information to get both benefits. I'm in Florida and even with sending the paperwork to California, as of Thursday morning the credits appear! Hope Cunard does as good a job - I sent that on Monday.

I use snail mail also, since the fax number is often very busy and doesn't answer. Princess is very quick to post the credits on your shipboard account. I've been doing it for the last 7 years and they used to accept by email but not sure why they don't anymore. By the way, although the form has an expiration date on it, the company routinely renews it every year at their board meeting. Its great marketing/PR for the company!

I use snail mail also, since the fax number is often very busy and doesn't answer. Princess is very quick to post the credits on your shipboard account. I've been doing it for the last 7 years and they used to accept by email but not sure why they don't anymore. By the way, although the form has an expiration date on it, the company routinely renews it every year at their board meeting. Its great marketing/PR for the company!

My guess is to avoid the possibility of introducing a computer virus into their system.

DH e-mailed his military information on March 8, late afternoon and I just checked our account and his benefit shows under credits. Thank you Princess for making this available to our military personnel and making it such a simple process.

E

FYI: You don't have to send the Veteran's documentation again. Apparently Princess & Cunard computers (and probably the others under the Carnival umbrella) talk to each other.

We booked a Cunard cruise and the veteran's showed up automatically.

BTW: why didn't you fax?

If you don't have a fax machine (we don't even have a phone line), use one of the free fax services on the internet. I use gotfreefax.com.

Thanks for the fax info. I may use this service