Entertainment Reports

takemewithyou

Last night’s show on Quest was excellent, a return to using the Azamara Singers for a show celebrating popular hits 60’s and 70’s and even a bit of popular Opera. It was very well received and wasn’t promoted by 54 Below for a change.

Edited by Azamarajunkie

Yes great show last night and the Trio have really hit their straps and are excellent! Even without George backing them up. The second show by Jennifer Dinoia was reportedly very good also as Sasha went through her repertoire and made the show much more engaging.

So all in all the entertainment had been very good. White nights tonight in Monaco.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great to hear some positive reports about the improving entertainment on Quest. Will be onboard myself next month so I hope it continues.

I saw some pictures of the show ..four people ..two men and two women in blue dresses. Seems we are getting three new shows on Quest somJr not far behind.

It is not very clear what type of shows are there now. Who is the trio? Are the Opera singers still performing? Ivi

No opera besides the tenor who came on board in Amalfi. The trio is pianoplayer, guitarist and female vocals. Very skilled musicans and they also perform solo or as a duo in some venues.

The Trio is The Sparkling Duo plus George the Piano player. Sometimes they play together and sometimes it’s just the Duo. She’s got a great voice and they have backing music behind them that adds to the performance. We thought White Nights was fabulous, just spoiled by the DJ putting on Karaoke in the Living Room afterwards, so it completely lost its momentum. CD Ernest was made aware of this and says it will never happen again, thank goodness.

The Azamara singers two guys, two girls were great ( 1// hour show only) and doing another tonight called Best of Broadway. We went to Assistant CD Megs show last night and weren’t keen. Again the patter and tone of the show was not to our taste. ABBA show in Livjng Room last night was quite well attended but we had very heavy seas last night and we left early as it got dangerous on the dance floor! So all in all no complaints from us and keen to see how it is in December when we’re back on Quest again.

The Trio is The Sparkling Duo plus George the Piano player. Sometimes they play together and sometimes it’s just the Duo. She’s got a great voice and they have backing music behind them that adds to the performance. We thought White Nights was fabulous, just spoiled by the DJ putting on Karaoke in the Living Room afterwards, so it completely lost its momentum. CD Ernest was made aware of this and says it will never happen again, thank goodness.

The Azamara singers two guys, two girls were great ( 1// hour show only) and doing another tonight called Best of Broadway. We went to Assistant CD Megs show last night and weren’t keen. Again the patter and tone of the show was not to our taste. ABBA show in Livjng Room last night was quite well attended but we had very heavy seas last night and we left early as it got dangerous on the dance floor! So all in all no complaints from us and keen to see how it is in December when we’re back on Quest again.

Enjoying your insights!! Very reassuring.

I believe we traveled with u I

On the So American Infinity cruise and also did a private tour in Lima.

Hope the rest of your cruise is wonderful.

Sue

Wendy and David - Enjoying reading your thoughts on the entertainment. We will send you an email soon.

Heather

Hi Heather and Chris and Sue, loving this cruise, it’s been perfect. Great tours with our CC group, great itinerary, fabulous food, a real step up from last time two years ago and entertainment and company great. What more could one ask for.

The second show of the Azamara Singers tonight was On Broadway, really enjoyed it and their third show Serenade will debut on the next cruise. Debark tomorrow and head home, so send you an email soon Heather, as Mum and I are off on the Ghan, Adelaide to Darwin on 26 May!

Just off the Quest. The entertainment was great. We saw the premire of 2 of the new shows by the singers...2 men and 2 women. Great voices, great shows. I was so glad the 'shorts' were stopped. They put on great shows. Jennifer was Broadway was very good and David the opera singer was FANTASTIC. CD Ernest did a show that was good too. The orchestra lead by Sasha is great! DJ Marcio also did all our trivias and is a likable guy. Our Azamazing Evening was not so good. Poor seating and not very exciting. But all the other entertainment was great.

Just off the Quest. The entertainment was great. We saw the premire of 2 of the new shows by the singers...2 men and 2 women. Great voices, great shows. I was so glad the 'shorts' were stopped. They put on great shows. Jennifer was Broadway was very good and David the opera singer was FANTASTIC. CD Ernest did a show that was good too. The orchestra lead by Sasha is great! DJ Marcio also did all our trivias and is a likable guy. Our Azamazing Evening was not so good. Poor seating and not very exciting. But all the other entertainment was great.

Thanks for the latest report. I’m starting to get some good vibes from Quest. Let’s hope things continue and we can say goodbye to the obvious short plays flop and move on.

Phil

Thanks for the latest report. I’m starting to get some good vibes from Quest. Let’s hope things continue and we can say goodbye to the obvious short plays flop and move on.

Phil

There was even a new venue for the Azamazing Evening in Malta. Very different and IMHO a good show. Some local folklore combined with modern maltese music. We loved it. :D

Sounds promising. Let’s hope Journey has had similar changes. Is there an “official” line yet on what’s happening.

I've been told there are new "Signature" shows on-board but I don't know what that means. Likely refers to the group of four singers mentioned by GailnBrad above.

I've been told there are new "Signature" shows on-board but I don't know what that means. Likely refers to the group of four singers mentioned by GailnBrad above.

This was the group of 4 singers that were on our cruise last week. We thought they were very good. 11846fcfcc24a9a695cea8d9217185a5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Phil

Seems from the beginning Quest's new entertainment was going over better minus the plays. Not sure why but the reviews here were better than the JR

Seems from the beginning Quest's new entertainment was going over better minus the plays. Not sure why but the reviews here were better than the JR

Yes, I’ve noticed that too. Maybe with Journey on the long repo and further away for much of the time it was more difficult to make changes. Then again perhaps Russ put his foot down! Lol

Phil

Yes, I’ve noticed that too. Maybe with Journey on the long repo and further away for much of the time it was more difficult to make changes. Then again perhaps Russ put his foot down! Lol

Phil

I think you may have a point, also on Journey the World repo people are a primary focus and they have other ways to look after them. I am just so sad we had such a rotten 32 days entertainment wise and I find us worrying about our upcoming cruise when I never used to do that before. We also saw some other Azamara itineraries to book but again DH says absolutely no, so he is still too raw from that experience. I just wish I could hear better news officially and then I could try and win him back round.

I think you may have a point, also on Journey the World repo people are a primary focus and they have other ways to look after them. I am just so sad we had such a rotten 32 days entertainment wise and I find us worrying about our upcoming cruise when I never used to do that before. We also saw some other Azamara itineraries to book but again DH says absolutely no, so he is still too raw from that experience. I just wish I could hear better news officially and then I could try and win him back round.

So sorry to hear that your entertainment was so disappointing, we are only going to be on for 7 days at the end of a June on the Quest and have had moments of panic on reading some of the reports about the awful entertainment, thank goodness things now seem to be improving.

Fingers crossed your next cruise is much better too.

Jean

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Phil

I was surprised the JR did not get more entertainers from the AU area. easy to fly them to most ports or home. some [ports i know it would of been hard. but a ship been going from India to Dubai for years so it seems it is about flying people in or out. I think Quest being in Europe first it might of been easier. the cast flew from Mia I am sure and a lot shorter flight than say HK.

I hope by August the shows improve but with all the late nights in port I am not really worried.