On the getaway and not impressed

kzguns

You quoted HALF of what I said, and thus were inaccurate by exclusion in yoru r=most recent post. Again I never mentioned teh payment of the excursions. Obviously you pay NCL that is a given. I for give you. I am glad you relaize that it was OK for you to be inaccurate.

Deleted

Edited by Son of a son of a ...
because this turd is aggravating

Yep we got full refund. It had nothing to do with weather or conditions. It was literally a swamp. The guide even said it’s not clean water and do not even put your feet in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which excursion was this ? and which port ?

Ya I won’t risk it on ncl again. I don’t cruise every year as it’s pretty much the same. Every 2-3 years or so. Next two years already planned so I have plenty of time to research and plan. To be clear I’m not looking for ultra luxury etc. but when carnival had better service....

Did you notice a lot of college kids or families on spring break? There are terrible reviews from the Epic for the same time period as you. Just curious and sorry for your poor experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks........I appreciate all opinions/experiences and you're right that they don't necessarily negate one another. It amazes me that many people " blame" those that have bad experiences just because they didn't have them.

100% I rarely have issues while traveling. This stood out so I thought I’d mention it. Some people literally hate admitting they had troubles. It’s fine with me if that’s what floats your boat. We’re with a group of 23 and unless it’s purely coincidental they’re experiencing the same. It’s hard to complain and not sound like sour grapes but it is what it is.

Thanks........I appreciate all opinions/experiences and you're right that they don't necessarily negate one another. It amazes me that many people " blame" those that have bad experiences just because they didn't have them.

I have to agree with you. Have been reading these boards for 2 years now and it does seem if you have a bad experience it becomes your fault. And sometimes it is but sometimes its actually not. This is the reason I did not write a review about our 2/4/2018 getaway cruise.

We had such a wonderful time on the Escape last year. Each and every staff member we encountered made us feel like a million bucks! Got us hooked on cruising.

This Feb our cruise on the Getaway was the absolute opposite ( many reviewers seemed to feel the same way). The boat was great. And I do understand staff gets rotated from ship to ship. And hell... everyone has a bad day. But overall service was terrible. We were a group of 40 and super easy going, easy to please and after 3 days everyone in our group who was all over the ship were having the same experiences. Not 1, nope, not 1 friendly bartender encounter for me. I tip always for each drink... never got 1 ty or smile from h2o guys where I spent most of week. O' Sheggans (sp*)... don't even get me started. No one at buffet greeting anyone ( I so missed the washy washy guy from the Escape). Room steward, who was friendly, I had to literally ask 5 days out of 6 for more than 2 towels, I actually got reprimanded by him for asking him for more than 2 coffee packets. Called down to housekeeping the 3rd day for extra towels and coffee because I felt like I was badgering him and instead they sent someone up to my room with a pad and paper and told me, very rudely, everyone was busy and I'd have to wait. I have no problem at all waiting but she was so rude. My balcony was gross!! So I get the potato chip comment lol. Had food and dropping on floor and chairs and face marks of some kind on glass ewww. Our nabor who was in our group found socks ( not thiers) the 1st day right under their bed lol. Great service in specialty but 1 out of 4 nights did we get a server who actually interacted with us on any level. I smile and say hello to everyone I encounter... good maners... and I found it was always me saying it 1st. Except for the buffet table clearers... they were the kindest and only friendly staff all week.

Now in my everyday life I never complain and don't expect a lot. And when I listed the above complaints, they are very trivial to me. But.... for someone who saves all year to take a vacation, these small things can add up and change what I know can be a wonderful vacation. I still love NCL because of the Escape cruise. And we're on the Bliss next year. But I will say I hope we don't encounter the same staff.

LOL NOTHING on CCL is better than ANYTHING on ANY other cruise line. CCL is the total pits.

Sure thing...and NCL overcharges for everything..... Bad enough their UBP pricing is overinflated. Since they throw it in as a perk...you still end up being gouged with higher service charge fees because of the over inflated pricing!! Compare what is included on NCL UBP to Carnival's Cheers program...Then compare the price. No comparison . Also....I feel bad for those passengers who buy single drinks..... drink prices are ridiculously high???? Keep talking up NCL..... but you might want to take off your blinders!

This would be my 7th Cruise and first on ncl. Mini suite is nice, food pretty good but that’s about it.

Bar service...awful. Lines, being ignored. one time I was sittings at bar and was told to get in line if I wanted a drink. Really? WTH. Waiters by the pool? Nonexistent. Lost laundry. Ncl booked excursion Jeep tour with beach...no actually just an hour and a half in a sandbox because you can’t go in the water it’s not safe...

rude staff everywhere. Guest services not really helpful. We’ll get back to you...no they won’t.

I’m pretty sure the slow bar service is because of the UBP I believe they are trained to slow it down. None of them would survive a Friday night even at a local small bar. I feel sorry for people that didn’t get the UBP because they had to wait as well. I’m pretty sure there’s no way I spent even close to the cost of the package, I’ll know tomorrow if they itemized all the drinks on the final bill. Many times I just gave up.

Dinner in the MDR was a 2.5-3hr endeavor. I carried my daughter back asleep a couple times. Didn’t matter when you went it was slow, this was also a way to push you to the pay restaurants. Some odd things, at one bar a drink could be 13.95 and 17.95 at another. Or one thing was covered the next day it wasn’t.

Balcony never got cleaned from day one and had potato chips scattered about even after it was requested to be cleaned.

That’s what immediately comes to mind. Let’s see how they can botch up disembarkation....

When in comes to poolside waiters, the lack of them may be due to the fact that in past years one of the biggest complaints was that you could not have a two sentence conversation without a waiter interrupting and asking if you wanted something to drink. It was a real pain. I would rather go wait at the bar. We also don't cruise during spring break or when kids are out of school.

Does it matter??? Cabin service is what is included with cruise fare..... Stupid comment

I beg your pardon!!!

I have seen You Tube Videes where people show off thier cabin and the mess that they make in it is astounding to me. They even video the bathrooms and they haven even flushed the toilet!

Lets say for fun that this guest make the huge mess on the balcony and is now complaining....I asked a simple question, not a stupid one despite your remarks. ;p

I beg your pardon!!!

I have seen You Tube Videes where people show off thier cabin and the mess that they make in it is astounding to me. They even video the bathrooms and they haven even flushed the toilet!

Lets say for fun that this guest make the huge mess on the balcony and is now complaining....I asked a simple question, not a stupid one despite your remarks. ;p[/quote

I agree with you that some of the messes people make are unbelievable , I would be embarrassed to have my room steward clean it. I also wondered who and why there were potato chips on the balcony and although OP had young children I would have made a effort to clean them up. When a review is this negative I tend to take it with a grain of salt.

LOL NOTHING on CCL is better than ANYTHING on ANY other cruise line. CCL is the total pits.

Funny. I generally prefer Royal but have sailed Carnival. Recently sailed NCL Escape and thought Carnival was FAR superior to NCL in almost every way. It's almost comical how many negative posts there are in the NCL forum that so broadly trash the company and mostly the ships, this isn't normal. It's because NCL is subpar. They really miss the mark compared to other lines.

Sure thing...and NCL overcharges for everything..... Bad enough their UBP pricing is overinflated. Since they throw it in as a perk...you still end up being gouged with higher service charge fees because of the over inflated pricing!! Compare what is included on NCL UBP to Carnival's Cheers program...Then compare the price. No comparison . Also....I feel bad for those passengers who buy single drinks..... drink prices are ridiculously high???? Keep talking up NCL..... but you might want to take off your blinders!

You are correct. Royal and Carnival have far superior drink packages. NCL is terrible. Can't even get bottled water! They close the bar during shows, etc. Carnival has a limit of $50 per drink on the package, you can get whatever you want. Royal has a limit of $13 (compared to NCL $15) but NCL gouges you so bad on pricing you actually get far less than Royal. I could get almost any liquor I wanted on Royal, couldn't even get Gentlemen Jack on NCL.

Funny. I generally prefer Royal but have sailed Carnival. Recently sailed NCL Escape and thought Carnival was FAR superior to NCL in almost every way. It's almost comical how many negative posts there are in the NCL forum that so broadly trash the company and mostly the ships, this isn't normal. It's because NCL is subpar. They really miss the mark compared to other lines.

We recently tried Royal because it had been such a while since we sailed those ships. So much has changed on that line it was unrecognizable to us. It was cruising at its worst for us, and a never again event.

We recently tried Royal because it had been such a while since we sailed those ships. So much has changed on that line it was unrecognizable to us. It was cruising at its worst for us, and a never again event.

Sounds a lot like my Escape trip. NCL was such a disaster it made me reconsider if I even like cruising.

You are correct. Royal and Carnival have far superior drink packages. NCL is terrible. Can't even get bottled water! They close the bar during shows, etc. Carnival has a limit of $50 per drink on the package, you can get whatever you want. Royal has a limit of $13 (compared to NCL $15) but NCL gouges you so bad on pricing you actually get far less than Royal. I could get almost any liquor I wanted on Royal, couldn't even get Gentlemen Jack on NCL.[/quot

While Carnival may give you higher priced drinks they cut you off after 15 drinks in a day. Also, I've been to many shows on NCL and never had the bar closed must have been your trip. Would never sail Carnival but would love to try RCL but for the time being NCL has everything I want and I love the ships I've been on.

You are correct. Royal and Carnival have far superior drink packages. NCL is terrible. Can't even get bottled water! They close the bar during shows, etc. Carnival has a limit of $50 per drink on the package, you can get whatever you want. Royal has a limit of $13 (compared to NCL $15) but NCL gouges you so bad on pricing you actually get far less than Royal. I could get almost any liquor I wanted on Royal, couldn't even get Gentlemen Jack on NCL.[/quot

While Carnival may give you higher priced drinks they cut you off after 15 drinks in a day. Also, I've been to many shows on NCL and never had the bar closed must have been your trip. Would never sail Carnival but would love to try RCL but for the time being NCL has everything I want and I love the ships I've been on.

I drink a lot and haven't hit the 15 limit. Maybe I don't drink enough?! :D

I would like NCL too if I had no experience with other lines. You know Carnival was started by one of the original NCL founders?

I drink a lot and haven't hit the 15 limit. Maybe I don't drink enough?! :D

I would like NCL too if I had no experience with other lines. You know Carnival was started by one of the original NCL founders?

When I find a product I like I stay with it and someday hope to cruise with RCL or another cruiseline but again will never cruise with Carnival.

When I find a product I like I stay with it and someday hope to cruise with RCL or another cruiseline but again will never cruise with Carnival.

You don't like the name? Lol. With no experience, it seems odd you would so aggressively discount other lines. But you are certainly entitled to do so. I mean, I gave NCL shot. It was unquestionably subpar compared to Royal and Carnival. But like I said, if I hadn't sailed other lines and had something to compare, I would think NCL was decent.