PH priority luggage deliver

CruiseAficionado

We are currently booked on our first O cruise March 28 on Riviera transatlantic. Initially we booked in 8073 but after final payment upgraded to a PH. Much to our surprise we received our “official documents” and luggage tags for cabin 8073 and not our current PH. We called O and they advised they would send out new tags but due to printer restrictions were unable to send a revised vacation guide for our PH cabin. We then received our “new” luggage tags which are blank tags with no notation of being PH. When we called O to see if it would affect our priority luggage delivery the answer was rather ambiguous and we were advised If we wanted “customized” PH tags it would be an additional $25 charge. We are wondering if 1. We would even get the customized tags in time or 2. If the blank tags filled out with our PH cabin number would get us the priority service? Anyone had this experience? I realize this is rather trivial but it would be nice getting luggage early to unpack. BTW our experience on this board as far as information IMHO has been the best on CC and the knowledge disseminated greatly appreciated.

I have changed staterooms twice after luggage tags had been sent ,

once from veranda to penthouse and PH to OS,I just took a black permanent marker and changed the stateroom number on the tags.

Both trips we received bags well before sail away

Of the many things to sweat about, this is not one. The magic marker as suggested will work. And you'll probably get your luggage just after lunch, providing you get on at noon.

Remember to tip the curbside luggage handlers a few bucks .....

:D

I have changed state rooms after receiving my luggage tags and just showed up at the dock and they wrote out tags for my bags. It was just a concierge room, but we receive our bags in a timely manner. I did not alter the current tags as I was unsure if the colors meant something. Maybe others on here know. I would certainly not pay extra for tags as I doubt it would make much of a difference.

Of the many things to sweat about, this is not one. The magic marker as suggested will work. And you'll probably get your luggage just after lunch, providing you get on at noon.

Remember to tip the curbside luggage handlers a few bucks .....

:D

This. We cruised out of Miami last month. I tipped the guy who was directing the luggage handlers a bit more than I usually tip and I heard him say to the luggage handler to put our bags on the "special" cart. Lo and behold, when we went to our cabin later that afternoon our bags were waiting outside our door. There were no other bags in sight.

This. We cruised out of Miami last month. I tipped the guy who was directing the luggage handlers a bit more than I usually tip and I heard him say to the luggage handler to put our bags on the "special" cart. Lo and behold, when we went to our cabin later that afternoon our bags were waiting outside our door. There were no other bags in sight.

Well done.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always are in a PH or above and always tip the luggage handlers. They work very hard and it is just a nice thing to do for us. No problem with getting our things pretty early also.:):):):)

That's not something to worry about, like everyone said---tip the luggage handler when giving your luggage at port. Get on the ship and enjoy your lunch---when you get to your cabin/suite the bags should be outside the door, if not have a drink and enjoy your balcony until it arrives.

We normally tip the luggage handlers, and the time to get our bags can vary from one cruise to another. Also, we never got them too late.

On one occasion, our last cruise on the Marina out of Lima, we didn’t have a chance to tip because the embarkation was more confusing and disorganized than usual. Anyway, we found our bags waiting for us along with many others in the hallway when we were allowed to our cabin after lunch.

As many others already told you - nothing to worry about.

So,do you tip the luggage handlers to get a favour or just to say thanks?

We are generous tippers generally. Anyone who is handling our bags gets a tip: baggage handler, bellman, airport parking shuttle driver, curbside checkin person. We know these workers depend on tips

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are generous tippers generally. Anyone who is handling our bags gets a tip: baggage handler, bellman, airport parking shuttle driver, curbside checkin person. We know these workers depend on tips

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think that the people working at a port loading ships in the U.S. are longshoreman and are paid a pretty decent wage.

We typically continue sightseeing and have lunch in or around town and embark around 2:30 -3:00 and find little if any lines at checkin. Once aboard our cabin is always ready so we can drop our carryon off immediately in the cabin. We then get a drink, at one of the open bars, normally Martinis, and explore for 30 minutes or so to see what , if anything, is new or changed. Upon returning to our cabin, our luggage is either at the door or in the hallway toward the stern. Never an issue. Then we have a drink, or the cold bottle of champagne awaiting us, in hand to assist in the unpacking process. Simple, relaxed, proven process of enjoying that first Day. No lines, no hassles, no dragging around carry on around the ship or in the dining areas! We’re always unpacked by 4:30 or so , leaving plenty of time to get another glass of wine before the typical 5:00 pm life vests/boat safety drill. What’s not to like?

We typically continue sightseeing and have lunch in or around town and embark around 2:30 -3:00 and find little if any lines at checkin. Once aboard our cabin is always ready so we can drop our carryon off immediately in the cabin. We then get a drink, at one of the open bars, normally Martinis, and explore for 30 minutes or so to see what , if anything, is new or changed. Upon returning to our cabin, our luggage is either at the door or in the hallway toward the stern. Never an issue. Then we have a drink, or the cold bottle of champagne awaiting us, in hand to assist in the unpacking process. Simple, relaxed, proven process of enjoying that first Day. No lines, no hassles, no dragging around carry on around the ship or in the dining areas! We’re always unpacked by 4:30 or so , leaving plenty of time to get another glass of wine before the typical 5:00 pm life vests/boat safety drill. What’s not to like?

Certainly sounds relaxing ... now to get DW to wait until 2:30pm. LOL