Deposit price gone up

When did the deposit price go up to $900.00? I thought $250.00 was bad. I always booked onboard for a $100.00 deposit. Has booking onboard gone up also? Wow, what a difference.

Have always booked 9 night or longer cruises and this is the normal deposit

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would you give a cruiseline your money sooner than you have to? :confused:Especially' date=' if you're booking two years out. I hold onto my money as long as I can.:D[/quote']

I've often wondered this too, just like I wonder why people think getting an income tax refund is a good thing. (It's not.)

I am sorry, when I said $900.00 I meant for 2 people. ($450.00 each) Does anyone know if it is less when booking onboard?

Sometimes they have reduced deposits when booking onboard.

Last month there was promotion where I was able to deposit $100 pp for an 11 night cruise.

It is normal for 9+ night cruises to have the 450 each deposits.

If booking on board and choosing the nonrefundable deposit it’s $100 a person ( at least for a balcony). I just booked an 11 night Alaska cruise while On board two weeks ago and put down a $200 deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This doesn't make sense to me. Why would you give a cruiseline your money sooner than you have to? :confused:Especially' date=' if you're booking two years out. I hold onto my money as long as I can.:D[/quote']

I spread out my payments and make several smaller payments instead of one massive payment. Helps with my overall month to month budget.

To me the reason to do this is to save some money. I watch the exchange rate and make payments along the way whenever the exchange rate is a good deal. As there´s always some fluctuation and sometimes it gets even better and sometimes worse.

I spread my payments out and in the end I always save money by spreading out payments over the exchange rate, and thus the amount I had to pay, if I had payed the full amount at final payment date.

"]55518178]To me the reason to do this is to save some money. I watch the exchange rate and make payments along the way whenever the exchange rate is a good deal. As there´s always some fluctuation and sometimes it gets even better and sometimes worse. .

Your explanation does make sense. But for someone who doesn't have currency fluctuation, why don't people just put the money in a separate account, instead of giving it to RCCL, before payment is due? That way they can control it, instead of the cruiseline.

I have always booked my next cruise while on a cruise to get the onboard spending credit and reduced deposit. I thought I heard that they were going to stop that. Does anyone know if they did? If they did then there is no sense on me waiting to book. Thanks

Your explanation does make sense. But for someone who doesn't have currency fluctuation' date=' why don't people just put the money in a separate account, instead of giving it to RCCL, before payment is due? That way they can control it, instead of the cruiseline.[/quote']

And what’s the point of that? So I can make a couple pennies in interest? I know where that money is going so I budget it out and make my payments.

And what’s the point of that? So I can make a couple pennies in interest? I know where that money is going so I budget it out and make my payments.

I agree with you. We book far enough in advance to make monthly payments. It is so much easier on the budget. And, I am not tempted to spend the cruise money. I also know I will get all of the money back if I have to cancel. This is just what works for me.

I do the same as you. I like making payments over time. It works better for me. I understand it doesn't work for everyone but I like doing it that way.

I say to each his own! It's nobody's business how others do their finances...PERIOD. If whatever you do is working then GREAT! In the end you're going on a cruise and that's all that matters.;) If someone is spending a second wandering why others are doing it differently then they must live a sad life. Sorry:(

The point of that is so that you can invest it in something that makes WAY more than "a couple pennies in interest".

I say to each his own! It's nobody's business how others do their finances...PERIOD. If whatever you do is working then GREAT! In the end you're going on a cruise and that's all that matters.;) If someone is spending a second wandering why others are doing it differently then they must live a sad life. Sorry:(

So someone lives a sad life because they are curious and want to learn? I guess I'm a very sad person then! :D

Hey everyone, I started this thread to get information, not so everyone can make digs at each other. If we all met face to face and saw how nice everyone probably is, would you make rude comments to them? Probably not, it should be the same here. Think before we post.

Thanks for all the information that was posted, it helped me make my decision on when to book.

55521208[/url]]Hey everyone' date=' I started this thread to get information, not so everyone can make digs at each other. If we all met face to face and saw how nice everyone probably is, would you make rude comments to them? Probably not, it should be the same here. Think before we post.

Thanks for all the information that was posted, it helped me make my decision on when to book.[/quote']

Glad you got your question answered. I was just curious as to why someone would pay a larger deposit than they have to. Didn't mean to hijack your thread. Cheers.:p