Miami Hotel ?

Sure could use a suggestion or two. It appears that we've booked a cruise out of Miami when their annual Boat Show occurs and most of the hotels for Feb 15th, 2019 is already sold out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of some hidden jewels out there?

Thanks!

Have you called, most hotels wont book out that far and will show sold out becuase the inventory has not been released yet.

I believe its about 9 months out that they release rooms(could be wrong on that)

We have stayed at DoubleTree on Biscayne Bay and found it fine. It is privately-owned condos on one side and the hotel on the other. You can take a long walk to Bayside Market and it is only about a mile to the port. We want to book it for January and the reservations are not open yet.

We always stay at Hilton Miami Airport. Good accommodation. Downtown is a taxi ride away.

If there is a big event in town then a hotel like this which a little distance away may be a good option.

Try Hotwire for Miami and surrounding areas, including Hollywood Beach or even FLL. You can have easy access to Port of Miami via Uber or Lyft. It might still be too early, and you may have to wait a bit to get the dates you need for Feb. 2019.

Definitely take a look at Fort Lauderdale. I've stayed there and taken SAS Transportation from my hotel in FLL to the Port of Miami and that worked out well. Book something refundable now and keep looking for prices to lower. I wouldn't book anything non-refundable this far out unless it was a great deal.

For a check in on 2/15/19? Are you sure you are looking at a site that has reservations open that far in advance? The IHG and Hyatt websites both show availability at almost all of their hotels at all locations and price points.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ThAnks everyone. The boat show has a out 99% of the rooms blocked or booked.

No, I'm sorry you are greatly overestimating the affect of the boat show. You're looking at hotels eleven months from now. Much of the inventory hasn't been released, and you'll pretty much never find a good rate that far out. Just relax and wait a few months.

Yeah, the boat show is big, but Miami is a major city with a very large inventory of hotel rooms.

Sure could use a suggestion or two. It appears that we've booked a cruise out of Miami when their annual Boat Show occurs and most of the hotels for Feb 15th, 2019 is already sold out.

Does anyone have any suggestions of some hidden jewels out there?

Thanks!

Check out lmtclub.com, otel.com and amoma.com. They all book hotel space at discounted rates. In terms of hotels, we loved our stay the JW Marquis!

I have noticed that many passengers sailing out of Miami either fly into FLL or stay in FLL and use Uber or a shuttle service to get to the Port of Miami. We recently did the same and used Jiffy Jeff to get to the POM. The cost from our Fort Lauderdale hotel to the port was $15 pp. Maybe more hotels would be available in FLL for those dates.

I have noticed that many passengers sailing out of Miami either fly into FLL or stay in FLL and use Uber or a shuttle service to get to the Port of Miami. We recently did the same and used Jiffy Jeff to get to the POM. The cost from our Fort Lauderdale hotel to the port was $15 pp. Maybe more hotels would be available in FLL for those dates.

I guess I'm in the minority. I do the opposite. Even if I'm sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, I tend to stay in Miami. Miami is a wonderful city with so much to see and do. Ft. Lauderdale is in my opinion, dreadful! Generic, dull.... might as well be at my local mall.

I guess I'm in the minority. I do the opposite. Even if I'm sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, I tend to stay in Miami. Miami is a wonderful city with so much to see and do. Ft. Lauderdale is in my opinion, dreadful! Generic, dull.... might as well be at my local mall.

I think Ft Lauderdale works out well if you are just looking for a reasonably priced hotel for a 1 night stay pre-cruise, especially if you are flying into the FLL airport.. You may not be in the minority, I just feel that everyone has different preferences.