Are Elite Perks Generous Enough?

need2cruisesoon

Totally agree. Have not been on princess for 2 years. This specific so called perk is not of value. JMHO. I have commented on this many times and many people think this is a great value. When you compare this to RCI or Celebrity, there is no comparison.

Happy CRUISING!

We usually get the PBP thru a Sip & Sail offering. So we already have free drinks. Adding them as a perk doesn't help us.

We usually get the PBP thru a Sip & Sail offering. So we already have free drinks. Adding them as a perk doesn't help us.

We are on a SEA cruise next Jan and Princess does not offer sip n sail. I posted a thread about the cost of Princess' Bev Pkg. Compare to RCI, Celebrity and MSC , Princess is the highest.

And that's why the idea of points that you could use on whatever perk would benefit you would be a great idea. Despite "free" laundry, I'm afraid to send any clothing that needs special care. Honestly, I'd love to have a few complimentary laundry tokens. They can skip the canapes, which are just "blah."

But the bottom line is that if Princess increases the perks that cost them anything, they're going to have to either squeeze or increase the price somewhere else.

I posted a thread about the cost of Princess' Bev Pkg. Compare to RCI, Celebrity and MSC , Princess is the highest.

I'm just curious. Are the packages truly comparable? Do they all include the same items? Thanks.

I doubt we will see any additional Elite perks, especially ones that cost Princess money. Allowing people to trade out perks they do not use for ones they will use, will cost Princess money.

I think the only way we might see any additional perks is if they add a new "super" Elite category. It would probably require at least 500 days, maybe even 1000.

I think an easy perk to add would be a free 7 day cruise..or OBC...for those at the higher point levels....

Also one that RCI,offers which I think would be great, solo cruisers after gaining 340 points?? can book cruises at 150%.

I'm just curious. Are the packages truly comparable? Do they all include the same items? Thanks.

No, not in my experience(last cruised RCI a year ago)...comparing apples to oranges.

But things change rapidly...so who knows really what the latest is...

Just an interesting tidbit, at that time and on cruises prior, my loyalty status on RCI allowed me to purchase their beverage package at 30% off or was it 40% can't remember on my sailings.

We have been elite for a long time and greatly appreciate the perks. We do use the laundry and over the years have had only one garment damaged it was quickly replaced. The mini bar is welcome as is the extra $100 OBC.

However, since we each have earned the perks, we believe it would be equitable for each of us to enjoy them, rather than being per cabin.

If you have different last names you both would get the loyalty OBC

No, the packages are not comparable and do not include the same items. OK, Princess PBP costs $68 per night of cruise, including gratuity. It includes almost all beverages on board with a limit of 15 alcoholic beverages per 24 hour period. It does not include soda in cans. Last time I looked, it gave you 40% off bottles of wine...but I'd get mine by the glass. The biggest thing is that on Princess, almost all alcohol is priced less than $12 per glass, with most drinks at $10 or less.

Celebrity has 3 alcoholic beverage packages, each with different costs and benefits. The lowest is $45 + 18% gratuity (Princess gratuity is 15% and is included in the $68). And this lowest package gives you only 10% off bottles of wine. The cost of the Celebrity package varies based on whether purchased in advance or on board. The "highest" price of the premium package purchased on board, per cruise critic web page, is $65 + gratuity. BUT the Celebrity package has MANY drinks that are priced above the package maximum. If you like those drinks, you'll pay more! On Celebrity, there is no max number of drinks per 24 hours.

You get the picture--each line has its own inclusions and exclusions as well as limits. They also have different regulations as to what you can or cannot bring on board.

Only you can decide whether you'd get your money's worth out of any package. There are some spread sheets available to help.

We have been elite for a long time and greatly appreciate the perks. We do use the laundry and over the years have had only one garment damaged it was quickly replaced. The mini bar is welcome as is the extra $100 OBC.

However, since we each have earned the perks, we believe it would be equitable for each of us to enjoy them, rather than being per cabin.

I will be Elite on my next cruise in November and what is the " extra $100 OBC" and how do you get it?

I will be Elite on my next cruise in November and what is the " extra $100 OBC" and how do you get it?

There is an additional "Loyalty OBC" that begins after your 20th cruise credit. Someone who knows the exact breakdown can post it; it starts at $25 and gradually increases. It is (I believe) per cabin, not per person.

There is an additional "Loyalty OBC" that begins after your 20th cruise credit. Someone who knows the exact breakdown can post it; it starts at $25 and gradually increases. It is (I believe) per cabin, not per person.

I just called Princess for a Loyalty credit on my next cruise. They do not have a Loyalty OBC and never had.

It is by cabin if the 2 passengers have the same last name - if they have different last names (whether married or not) and both qualify it will be per person.

I just called Princess for a Loyalty credit on my next cruise. They do not have a Loyalty OBC and never had.

Whomever you spoke with is flat out wrong. Princess most definitely has Loyalty credits that begin on 21st cruise credit at $25 and goes up from there. Ot doesn't show on Cruise Personalizer . You'll have s card with amount in cabin, and shows on account onboard. We've been receiving it for quite some time now.

Whomever you spoke with is flat out wrong. Princess most definitely has Loyalty credits that begin on 21st cruise credit at $25 and goes up from there. Ot doesn't show on Cruise Personalizer . You'll have s card with amount in cabin, and shows on account onboard. We've been receiving it for quite some time now.

Our experience, it can be hit or miss with the card in ur cabin.

I don't know who you talked to, but they do not know what they are talking about. We have gotten it for several years on every cruise. We are currently at the $75 level, so we got it twice in January/February, three times in May thru July and will get it two more times in September/October. That will be our last time with $75. Next year we start getting $100 each cruise.

you will get the loyalty credit after you have completed your 20th cruise credit. if you are elite on your next cruise, that means you have 15 now. your next cruise will be your 16th and you will get all of your elite benefits. after that, so 5 cruises from now, when you finish your 20th, you will qualify for the loyalty benefit on your 21st cruise credit. it comes from the captain's circle so i'm not surprised most of the phone reps know nothing about it.

You are correct. You get a message on a card in your stateroom

Since you are just turning Elite you don't qualify yet Since Elite is after 15 cruises and the loyalty credit doesn't start until 20.

Loyalty credit - per cabin if married or per person if not.

$25 for 20–30 cruise credits

$50 for 31–40 cruise credits

$75 for 41–50 cruise credits

$100 for 51+ cruise credits

I don't think it is based on marriage. I think it is based on surname and/or address.

I don't think it is based on marriage. I think it is based on surname and/or address.

I am pretty sure it is surname and not address - my wife and I live at the same address but have different last names - both over 30 cruises and always get the OBC per person

I am pretty sure it is surname and not address - my wife and I live at the same address but have different last names - both over 30 cruises and always get the OBC per person

I think you may be right. Princess goes by the surname only.

Since our last cruise my wife has a new address but won't change her surname. I wonder why? :')

We won't know about the Loyalty credit until we're about to cruise when they post it.

It's about the A or B on your CC number, my DW has a maiden name passport and has a #B number, so regardless it's not about surnames or addresses. When originally enrolled they issue the primary (first applied) a A# number and if the spouse applies later he or she is issued a #B number, and after that will always be considered by Princess as a couple, so if an A# & B# are listed on the reservation together you'll never receive double loyalty credits, only the one (for us) $100 loyalty credit the max per voyage or cruise segment, and it's been that way since they first started the loyalty OBC credit program

Srpilo