Are Elite Perks Generous Enough?

need2cruisesoon

So if two people who are not married and do not live together cruised together on their first Princess cruise' date=' they are forever linked in the Princess system?[/quote']

They could probably call/contact Princess and get their account split into 2 separate ones. I'd think that it's probably been done many times and probablydone in the opposite direction too. :confused:

Tom

So if two people who are not married and do not live together cruised together on their first Princess cruise' date=' they are forever linked in the Princess system?[/quote']

Probably not if Princess is informed pre-cruise that they're not a couple....

Most couples are enrolled in the CC at the end of their first Princess cruise automatically and receive a mock gold card at the end of the first cruise, that's when the A# & B# numbers are issued, and yes Princess almost every time issues the A# to the Husband & the B# to the Wife.. Pretty politically incorrect right ? Probably sounded pretty reasonable and the way to do it in the 1970's

If a couple does happens to cruise separately on their respective first Princess cruises they'll both receive A#, and unless they specifically inform Princess, they always receive separate future credits

Srpilo

Probably not if Princess is informed pre-cruise that they're not a couple....

Most couples are enrolled in the CC at the end of their first Princess cruise automatically and receive a mock gold card at the end of the first cruise, that's when the A# & B# numbers are issued, and yes Princess almost every time issues the A# to the Husband & the B# to the Wife.. Pretty politically incorrect right ? Probably sounded pretty reasonable and the way to do it in the 1970's

If a couple does happens to cruise separately on their respective first Princess cruises they'll both receive A#, and unless they specifically inform Princess, they always receive separate future credits

Srpilo

It appears that there's nothing that can be done to get un-linked once connected.

Even if my wife went on a cruise by herself they would probably use her B#.

I think an easy perk to add would be a free 7 day cruise..or OBC...for those at the higher point levels....

Also one that RCI,offers which I think would be great, solo cruisers after gaining 340 points?? can book cruises at 150%.

Great idea and attract many!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I doubt we will see any additional Elite perks, especially ones that cost Princess money. Allowing people to trade out perks they do not use for ones they will use, will cost Princess money.

I think the only way we might see any additional perks is if they add a new "super" Elite category. It would probably require at least 500 days, maybe even 1000.

I think this is a great idea but should be at least 1000 judging by the number of people already at this level that I meet who have this number already. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think this is a great idea but should be at least 1000 judging by the number of people already at this level that I meet who have this number already. Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, I see you hang out with the upper Elite crowd. :D

500 days is hard enough to obtain as it is.

I have been elite for about five years but I talk to others my 250 days pales in comparison to their 1,000, 1,500, 3,000. I am just saying to make a significant difference they will have to go high and perhaps eliminate numbers of short cruises counting (will not be popular with that group)

Creating a new level really does not gain Princess anything. The only way it would make sense for them to do so would be to downgrade the existing levels and move some of those benefits to the higher level, and then maybe adding something new to balance out the costs.

I have been elite for about five years but I talk to others my 250 days pales in comparison to their 1,000, 1,500, 3,000. I am just saying to make a significant difference they will have to go high and perhaps eliminate numbers of short cruises counting (will not be popular with that group)

I agree.

The majority of our cruises have been 10 days or more. Folks take 2 b2b (3 or 4 day)cruises earn double the cruises than our 12 day cruises. Something wrong here!

I agree.

The majority of our cruises have been 10 days or more. Folks take 2 b2b (3 or 4 day)cruises earn double the cruises than our 12 day cruises. Something wrong here!

It should go by number of days sailed. That seems more fair.

you will get the loyalty credit after you have completed your 20th cruise credit. if you are elite on your next cruise, that means you have 15 now. your next cruise will be your 16th and you will get all of your elite benefits. after that, so 5 cruises from now, when you finish your 20th, you will qualify for the loyalty benefit on your 21st cruise credit. it comes from the captain's circle so i'm not surprised most of the phone reps know nothing about it.

Thank You for the reply.

I agree.

You have the same ability to take a b2b cruise as they do don't you? I don't see why someone taking advantage of a situation which is available to all is unfair. Now, if it was a situation where only people on the East Coast or West Coast or Gulf Coast or Central Plains, say, had the ability to get credit for a certain situation and other weren't I'd agree but that's not the case.

As an example of how you could take advantage of the Princess number of cruises/days at sea situation, let's say you want to go on a cruise to Alaska. You fly in to Vancouver, BC and take the overnight cruise from Vancouver to Seattle on the Ruby at the start of the Alaska cruise season and then take the Seattle-Alaska-Seattle cruise. You've had a total of 8 days at sea and 2 cruises so you've been able to take advantage of the situation yourself for a total increase in cost of abut $59/person plus one night's stay in a hotel and gained 2 cruises on your climb to a higher level. If you wanted to get an even better deal you and your spouse (assuming you're in a relationship here) both make the overnighter cruise one where you're both in a single interior cabin and you've both acquired 3 cruise credits for a total increase in cost over the "normal" 7 day Alaska cruise of $118/person (sincle supplement cost of the overnighter)! Of course, then you wouldn't be able to complain about how "the others" are taking an unfair advantage over you. ;p

The other option, of course, is to give up cruising on Princess and go with one of the other lines that only counts days at sea! But that would be, at least to me, not a good move as I enjoy Princess too much. But each person to their own thoughts of course.

But, to each his/her/their own.

Tom

It's about the A or B on your CC number, my DW has a maiden name passport and has a #B number, so regardless it's not about surnames or addresses. When originally enrolled they issue the primary (first applied) a A# number and if the spouse applies later he or she is issued a #B number, and after that will always be considered by Princess as a couple, so if an A# & B# are listed on the reservation together you'll never receive double loyalty credits, only the one (for us) $100 loyalty credit the max per voyage or cruise segment, and it's been that way since they first started the loyalty OBC credit program

Srpilo

Read this and here's what happened to me. My husband cruised with me a few times but passed away 5 years ago. His Princess # ended with A and mine with B - I can't recall positively, but I think his number was the same as mine. The first time I cruised with a friend rather than cruising solo, Princess changed my address to her address. When my friend contacted me to say she received my mail I called Princess. It took the rep a while to figure out what was going on, but eventually said my number was linked to my friend's as a "household". The rep was able to make a correction although I still have a B number so who knows when I travel with another friend later this month, maybe they'll switch me to his "household".

But I digress...as far as elite benefits, of course benefits are never generous enough - I will always want more LOL! I love the nightly cocktail hour (sorry that I have to pay for that drink tho), REALLY love the laundry benefit, internet and bar setup. I would love it better if I got dinner in specialty restaurants free a couple of times like I do with NCL (platinum) but all in all I'm satisfied with what I do get

Read this and here's what happened to me. My husband cruised with me a few times but passed away 5 years ago. His Princess # ended with A and mine with B - I can't recall positively, but I think his number was the same as mine. The first time I cruised with a friend rather than cruising solo, Princess changed my address to her address. When my friend contacted me to say she received my mail I called Princess. It took the rep a while to figure out what was going on, but eventually said my number was linked to my friend's as a "household". The rep was able to make a correction although I still have a B number so who knows when I travel with another friend later this month, maybe they'll switch me to his "household".

But I digress...as far as elite benefits, of course benefits are never generous enough - I will always want more LOL! I love the nightly cocktail hour (sorry that I have to pay for that drink tho), REALLY love the laundry benefit, internet and bar setup. I would love it better if I got dinner in specialty restaurants free a couple of times like I do with NCL (platinum) but all in all I'm satisfied with what I do get

Sorry to hear that your husband passed away but glad to hear that you at least found out why your friend got your email! Hopefully, they'll get all that mess straightened out and that it's done sooner rather than later. Sure seems like it should be a fairly easy thing to do!

Tom

I have cruised with friends and family in the same cabin as a B and never have them link me to their accounts....The number is the same for A&B.

Lots of errors are made by the reps or TAs when booking. Right now I cannot link a B2B do to name sequence because of rep. error.

I agree.

What is wrong here is that you are not looking at the program from Princess's point of view. They like the short cruises since the help sell out when that are moving the ship to and from Alaska.

The PVSA repositioning through Vancouver used to come in bunches, I got the credits I needed to become Elite by doing three cruises in four days (I travel alone). They seem to have made that less easy now. This was, I think in 2014.

We love both Princess and Royal Caribbean. The perks we enjoy are:

Princess:

* Free Laundry

* Mini bar set-up

* Internet

* Wine tasting

* Military OBC

Royal Caribbean:

* Free Laundry

* Unlimited free drinks every night in the DL

* 3 Free drinks loaded into your seapass card to use during cocktail hours

* Internet

* Free photos (1 each)

* Exclusive area for breakfast (Quiet and no lines.)

I have cruised with friends and family in the same cabin as a B and never have them link me to their accounts....The number is the same for A&B.

Lots of errors are made by the reps or TAs when booking. Right now I cannot link a B2B do to name sequence because of rep. error.

So, what happens if I remarry? Just don't understand why I don't have my own number I guess. But strange it happened to me but isn't the rule.

So, what happens if I remarry? Just don't understand why I don't have my own number I guess. But strange it happened to me but isn't the rule.

I agree you should asked to be changed to A or a new number, then if you remarry they can be B. As you know this was something they did years ago. I bet they make changes all the time...I like our old number and our kids are still C, D, E. I Recently cruised with our eldest and discovered he is still C with our family number. Wonder what happens when he marries.

Edited by land lover

Loyalty credit - per cabin if married or per person if not.

$25 for 20–30 cruise credits

$50 for 31–40 cruise credits

$75 for 41–50 cruise credits

$100 for 51+ cruise credits

I will soon be on my 20th Princess Cruise so will have the $25 Loyalty Credit.

Will the $25 show up on My Personalizer under payments and credits?

Or, will I just get a card in my cabin telling about the Loyalty Credit?

I will soon be on my 20th Princess Cruise so will have the $25 Loyalty Credit.

Will the $25 show up on My Personalizer under payments and credits?

Or, will I just get a card in my cabin telling about the Loyalty Credit?

as stated above you might not get a card in your cabin...my experience it does not show up on the personalizer, shows up as gift credit(Ruby, May 2018) on your OBA.

BTW...many receiptants say you get it on the 21st cruise...I swear I did get mine on the 20th, as I was surprised when I received the card in my cabin ...on my last 5 or 6 cruises no card, but on those not very many repeat cruisers so maybe those itinerary don't bother printing the cards.

Edited by land lover

as stated above you might not get a card in your cabin...my experience it does not show up on the personalizer, shows up as gift credit(Ruby, May 2018).

BTW...many receiptants say you get it on the 21st cruise...I swear I did get mine on the 20th, as I was surprised when I received the card in my cabin ...on my last 5 or 6 cruises no card, but on those not very many repeat cruisers so maybe those itinerary don't bother printing the cards.

Thanks, I will look for it.

Just found this on-line...

Completion of 20 - 30 credits $25 onboard cabin credit

Completion of 31 - 40 credits $50 onboard cabin credit

Completion of 41 - 50 credits $75 onboard cabin credit

Completion of 50+ credits $100 onboard cabin credit

Limited to one onboard cabin credit per family