Izumi

We are going for the first time on Allure in the summer... we are looking forward to several dining experiences. What is the Izumi hibachi experience like? The $45 is for the meal, right? (I ask because on the menu, each item is priced separately) this is confusing. I’ve been to hibachi restaurants at home but I’m not sure what to expect.

The $45 price is for the complete hibachi meal. Other items, like sushi, are priced separately. Some don't want the hibachi meal, so they would pay the individual prices for sushi and other items.

I agree that the menu is very confusing. We are booked for the Hibachi and it will include a full meal. It starts with the edamame, salad with ginger dressing, protein with rice and dessert.

We are looking forward to it and I am especially looking forward to the scallops and lobster. What a great combination.

So are you saying you could apply the $45.00 towards sushi rolls? How are the rolls by the way? Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong, but the way I look at the info in the cruise planner, Izumi Hibachi is for the hibachi part and Izumi is another part of the restaurant and is a la carte pricing. The $45.00 charge is for the Hibachi part of the restaurant and the Izumi itself didn't appear to have a cover charge.

I can't tell you how the rolls are as I don't eat sushi.

So are you saying you could apply the $45.00 towards sushi rolls? How are the rolls by the way? Thanks in advance.

If you don't opt for the hibachi, your dining package does get some sort of allowance at Izumi, but I don't know the exact number. I've read $35 in the past, but I'm not sure if that is still the case. That would buy a lot of sushi!

Do they charge children the same as the adults? $45 is a lot for my kids since I have three. They could split one meal and have plenty left over. I know they can’t so don’t rake me over the coals. My kids love hibachi and sushi but that seems excessive.

Do they charge children the same as the adults? $45 is a lot for my kids since I have three. They could split one meal and have plenty left over. I know they can’t so don’t rake me over the coals. My kids love hibachi and sushi but that seems excessive.

There are children's prices for 12 and under. Speak to the waiter because they may have to order from a children's menu.

Have never been to Izumi before. Is the $45 hibachi fee per person? That seems awfully high. I can go to a local Japanese restaurant and get a full hibachi dinner for $25 per person.

Yes, that $45 is per person for hibachi on the ship. We can also enjoy hibachi in our town for $25.

We are going for the first time on Allure in the summer... we are looking forward to several dining experiences. What is the Izumi hibachi experience like? The $45 is for the meal, right? (I ask because on the menu, each item is priced separately) this is confusing. I’ve been to hibachi restaurants at home but I’m not sure what to expect.

When doing the hibachi experience, the $45 includes the complete hibachi meal including appetizers and desserts, but you also have the option during your meal to order sashimi and sushi as a side for an extra charge.

Alternatively you can opt for the a la carte Izumi sushi dining without the hibachi. I have done both and they are excellent. The portions on the sushi side are HUGE and delicious. I enjoyed the hibachi experience but it is nothing special from what you can do at home.

The $45 may seem high, but there are several combinations not listed on the menu such as lobster & filet mignon. If one orders that at our local hibachi restaurant, one pays the same price. I realize different parts of the country have different pricing at local restaurants. We thought Izumi was very good and we ate there twice on our last Allure cruise. You're also paying for a different type of dining experience (performing chefs) so we feel that contributes to the price and overall experience.

It’s not worth it. The food is lousy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They're good. Just that. Good. Nowhere close to my favorite spots at home, also nowhere near as bad as some of the worst spots I've been too. 7/10. It's good. Worth the cost if you're really craving it.

We have dined at Izumi on Grandeur, Oasis, Anthem, Granduer(again) and plan to dine again on the Anthem in August. No use of the Hibachi, but we love the sushi and sashami. The 3-day - 5-day plans allow $35 for ala carte menus. We never came close to reaching the $35. And we never left not full!

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know if you can use the Cruise planner BOGO or the Diamond + BOGO for Izumi Hibachi? I think not but maybe someone has some experience with this.

Same question, but for the First Night Done Right deal. Can you use that on the Hibachi experience?

Of course, it didn't even occur to me that this might not work until after I bought it. :o