Jean capris on Oasis?

You do realize that by wearing those you will be upsetting the balance of the universe and that you will be struck by lightning bolts from the heavens. At least that’s what the handful of people who still think cruising should be exactly the same as it was 25 years ago believe.

You’ll be fine, enjoy your cruise.

You do realize that by wearing those you will be upsetting the balance of the universe and that you will be struck by lightning bolts from the heavens. At least that’s what the handful of people who still think cruising should be exactly the same as it was 25 years ago believe.

You’ll be fine, enjoy your cruise.

I'm in that other handful of 25+ years of cruising who loves that it isn't any longer. :')

I would feel underdressed in jeans in the dining room but I’d change after dinner and spend the evening in them without a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is what is so wonderful about cruising. One can feel underdressed in jeans in the MDR and dress accordingly. Another can feel just fine in jean capris in the MDR and dress accordingly. And then everyone can enjoy their own dinner and not care about what others are wearing.

ONLY if they are cute.

I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me what constitutes “cute” - is there some sort of test? What if the wearer thinks something is cute but everyone else thinks it’s ugly? Then what?

I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me what constitutes “cute” - is there some sort of test? What if the wearer thinks something is cute but everyone else thinks it’s ugly? Then what?

^ We're just having some fun here. ;) Personally I liked how OP used the word "cute" twice in her post. :D

As a woman you can pretty much wear what you want (sandals, jeans, capris, shorts, flip flops, skirts). Now when the guys start dressing in comfortable hot weather clothing (ie. Shorts and flip flops) then for whatever reason some people have their cruise ruined and it takes away from the specialness of it all ?? Oh and those guys are clearly the Walmart of cruising. Insert sarcasm here.

Wear what you want. I think most people realize “cute” whatever means it is something in fashion right now (ie in style) and not something from 20 -40 years ago like half the people seem to wear that judge others.

Our luggage was delayed five days last trip, so I did the first formal night in a St. Somethings t-shirt and black pants with a white rope through the waist that I picked up onboard. I lived, and will be a lot more casual on my next cruise as a result.