Mystery Dinner -worth it?

z4ltw

Wife and I are doing Explorer of the Seas (Alaska) in July 2018 , and they have a mystery dinner one night in the Italian specialty dining venue. $79/person.

I would welcome everyone's feedback if you've ever done a mystery dinner with RCL

Thanks!

Second vote for yes. Cocktails in Olive and Twist and then a little mystery, move on to Giovanni's where the wine flows nonstop and then a great filet mignon as you solve the crime. A little high schoolish but fun for one time. Plus day one in MDR is a pain in the a**. happy cruising

Wife and I are doing Explorer of the Seas (Alaska) in July 2018 , and they have a mystery dinner one night in the Italian specialty dining venue. $79/person.

I would welcome everyone's feedback if you've ever done a mystery dinner with RCL

Thanks!

No way for us. I had a problem with the price when it was $45 per person. Menu is very reduced, only 2 or 3 choices for entree. Wine is the lowest end wine on the ship.

Gosh that’s gone up in price!!

We did it on Adventure, was a great night.

Considering we had a drinks package already i felt they should offer 2 prices so if you have already paid your drinks it’s slightly cheaper.

Anyhow if the cost doesn’t faze you if day go for it it’s really fun

Gosh that’s gone up in price!!

We did it on Adventure, was a great night.

Considering we had a drinks package already i felt they should offer 2 prices so if you have already paid your drinks it’s slightly cheaper.

Anyhow if the cost doesn’t faze you if day go for it it’s really fun

Yes, based on the value of the wine they serve at the Mystery Dinner, they should give at least a $1.50 discount for those with drink packages.;)

Thanks!

Question--does this show up in the Cruise Planner? I'm on an Explorer cruise to Alaska in June and I don't see it listed.

Question--does this show up in the Cruise Planner? I'm on an Explorer cruise to Alaska in June and I don't see it listed.

Yes, if they offer the Mystery Dinner on a cruise, it typically shows up in the Cruise Planner.

I did the mystery dinner in Jewel 4 years ago but it was $55 per person. It was a lot of fun but I wouldn’t pay $79 per person. Especially if you have the drink package. The big draw for me was they had unlimited wine and I didn’t have the drink package on that cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the price is steep, but we decided to book it anyway for our upcoming cruise. We embark on Easter Sunday, which is the day of the event, and thought it would be a fun way to spend the holiday. DD has also been asking about attending a murder mystery dinner, so this seemed like a good way to get our vacation started.

I think i did that on the Independence for 1/2 that price. I found the event to be hokey, but fun. I actually won the contest that night. On mine, at the end of the night, you were given a voting sheet for you to decide who did it. It was thrown in a pile and sorted. Those who guessed right, were entered into a drawing and got some goodies. I came out with a bottle of champagne and some other cool stuff.

But for $79/person, I would say no to this and upgrade to the slightly more expensive, but way worth it Chef's Table. I've actually done Chef's Table for $75/person, but it hovers between 79 - 95/person.

• 5 months later...

You have clearly been on your cruise by now.. but for others looking it is in the entertainment section of cruise planner, not dining options

Thanks!

On our Alaskan cruise we did a dinner theater (on land) one night .It was $49 per person and it was great.

(A friend and his family vacation every August in York,Me)

Edited by lenquixote66